Google Map Free voice Navigation for non supported country

Search This thread

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Google Map Free voice Navigation in non supported country

Must Read before install

This is same as you having stock google map application, but here in this application there won't have restriction to use navigation in certain country. (Thanx to Ownhere n Brut All)

How to Install :
First I am showing you some basic things, read it carefully to avoid installation failure

There is three types of files for installation, you have to Install any of One only,

What is difference between three?
Nothing, all are installing same application, but the method of installation is different.

Tyes :
1. No installation need
2. resigned
3. changepnp

First two types requires ROOT,

Why root is needed ?

First two types of files actually replacing stock google map, stock map is a system application, here Root is needed to uninstall stock application. System application cant be uninstall without Root

While third type don’t reuires Root

Why so? B’coz third application not replacing your stock map, when you install third type, after installation you will get double icon each for latitude, Map, place and navigation. When you have to use it for navigation to restricted country, you have to use newer application, stock application still works as it is.

Now Exact instruction for installation.

For Type 1 .
You need Root,
- Uninstall map with system appl remover or titanium backup (or whatever support syst app removal). Before un installation you need to remove cache n clear data .(setting – application – all – Map – clear cache n data)
- Uninstall street view if you have installed

- Now use root explorer, n copy file maps.apk (download type1 n rename maps.apk) and place into system/app directory
- Change permission rw r r
- Restart device
You can see map installed to your device, now you can install street view from market

For Type 2 :
You need Root,
- Uninstall map with system appl remover or titanium backup (or whatever support syst app removal). Before un installation you need to remove cache n clear data .(setting – application – all – Map – clear cache n data)
- Now you can install map.resigned.apk as routine way you install other applications.

If you get error application not install, then install it from market, repeat all steps mentioned above. Many time it may need to clear cache 1-2 time

For type 3 :
Easiest, nothing technique requires, just install map.changepnp.apk as routine application and you are ready to Navigate..

For Type 4
Copy file to SD card, and flash with CWM, Dont use stock recovery. as well must be on safe kernel

Note : In case of type 1 n 2, you will still gets update from market when newer version released, If you update it, World navigation. will be lost.
This Navigations requires active data connection.Yes U can pre cache map area with wifi before travelling to reduce data consumption but still it need data connection.

Download :
Type 1 - Map 6.14.1 - Mirror - Mirror2
Type 2 - Map 6.14.1 - Mirror - Mirror2
Type 3 - Map 6.5.0
Type 4 : 6.14.1 Flashable zip - flash with recovery(must be on safe kernel) - Mirror - Mirror2 - Mirror 3

Combo Download
Type 1-4 (version as above)

Last edited:

ranjan.alva

Dec 20, 2011
Mangalore
Didn't Worked for. i followed step 3 coz i havnt Rooted my phone. After installation of 3rd file i opened Google Navigation. it says as usual "Google Maps Navigation not yet available in this location" .

zard

Jul 19, 2005
For type 3, can it be updated by marketplace and keep the nabigation?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

willstay

May 7, 2011
I chose 3rd option because I wouldn't have to remove default Maps. Voice Nav works!! Great. Thanks.

Nov 7, 2006
Google Pixel 5
Thank you so much, tried the 3rd method, it's working great in Dubai UAE :thumbup:

aliens@home

Dec 9, 2011
NEED HELP!

Maps installed successfully. But the new map apps keep saying "login failed" and kept me from using the navigation. Any ideas?

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
NEED HELP!

Maps installed successfully. But the new map apps keep saying "login failed" and kept me from using the navigation. Any ideas?

Go to setting - application - manage application- All - select Map clear cache n data
same thing do for market n Talk
then open map - join latitude - give permission (at appears on notification area)

zard

Jul 19, 2005
Any updated version? Latest version is 6.1.1 in the Market.

georgios73

Jan 13, 2012
Hi the 3rd option for download returns a dropbox 401 error.
Any other way to download this apk?
Thanks in advance

anjath

Dec 15, 2011
sygic issue

hey doc,

i have sygic 11.2.5 working on my phone with india maps. but after few mins (5-15 mins) the application is kind of semi frozen. the navigation is still there. i can zoom in and out but rotating stops working after sometime. also i can't exit from the application. i have to go to task manager and press on exit. this doesn't happen all the time. only if use long time.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Google Map Free voice Navigation in non supported country

Must Read before install

This is same as you having stock google map application, but here in this application there won't have restriction to use navigation in certain country. (Thanx to Ownhere n Brut All)

How to Install :
    First I am showing you some basic things, read it carefully to avoid installation failure

There is three types of files for installation, you have to Install any of One only,

What is difference between three?
    Nothing, all are installing same application, but the method of installation is different.

Tyes :
    1. No installation need
    2. resigned
    3. changepnp

First two types requires ROOT,

Why root is needed ?

First two types of files actually replacing stock google map, stock map is a system application, here Root is needed to uninstall stock application. System application cant be uninstall without Root

While third type don’t reuires Root

Why so? B’coz third application not replacing your stock map, when you install third type, after installation you will get double icon each for latitude, Map, place and navigation. When you have to use it for navigation to restricted country, you have to use newer application, stock application still works as it is.

Now Exact instruction for installation.

For Type 1 .
    You need Root,

- Now use root explorer, n copy file maps.apk (download type1 n rename maps.apk) and place into system/app directory
    - Change permission rw r r
    - Restart device
    You can see map installed to your device, now you can install street view from market

For Type 2 :
    You need Root,
    - Now you can install map.resigned.apk as routine way you install other applications.

If you get error application not install, then install it from market, repeat all steps mentioned above. Many time it may need to clear cache 1-2 time

For type 3 :
    Easiest, nothing technique requires, just install map.changepnp.apk as routine application and you are ready to Navigate..

For Type 4
    Copy file to SD card, and flash with CWM, Dont use stock recovery. as well must be on safe kernel

Note : In case of type 1 n 2, you will still gets update from market when newer version released, If you update it, World navigation. will be lost.
    This Navigations requires active data connection.Yes U can pre cache map area with wifi before travelling to reduce data consumption but still it need data connection.

Download :
    Type 1 - Map 6.14.1 - Mirror - Mirror2
    Type 2 - Map 6.14.1 - Mirror - Mirror2
    Type 3 - Map 6.5.0
    Type 4 : 6.14.1 Flashable zip - flash with recovery(must be on safe kernel) - Mirror - Mirror2 - Mirror 3

Combo Download
    Type 1-4 (version as above)
    Updated to latest 6.12.0
    6.9.0 Added to OP
    What's New

What's in this version:
    * Save maps for use offline

Edit :
    This is just blunder, there is no real offline navigation, it still needs active data connection. I think that is for very limited region only. yes precache map is better.
    Same complaints and review there on market too.
    Anyway still better for using online as it is.
    Latest Map 6.10 updated to OP for root users.
    Type 1 tested Working fine.
    , first time may get Fcs,and and app name will be unknown location, Enable location reporting from main screen of application and reboot device.
    Sure will try my best to keep thread live.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium