Waiting for Kitkat 4.4 for HTC Droid DNA

Search This thread

voxuanvy

Jan 25, 2009
Today's Date 04/12/2014 (Vietnam) as well as the date 04/11/2014 (USA), we expect a new update for the HTC Droid DNA, which is Android 4.4 (code name KitKat) along with traffic Sense 5.5 interface. Hope everything goes well. Only 4 more days ...

xlxcrossing

Dec 6, 2009
Soquel, CA
Today's Date 04/12/2014 (Vietnam) as well as the date 04/11/2014 (USA), we expect a new update for the HTC Droid DNA, which is Android 4.4 (code name KitKat) along with traffic Sense 5.5 interface. Hope everything goes well. Only 4 more days ...

Followed up on your claim that any official dates have been confirmed, they haven't. Most recent information as stated by HTC is target 2nd week of April. That's not a confirmation of any specific date especially since the update is with Verizon right now to get final certification. If you have specific information from a source to say otherwise please post.

Last edited:

detonation

Jan 20, 2010
Wisconsin
The update is probably ready and likely has been for weeks. I'm blaming Verizon on this one. Its the Thunderbolt all over again...

Jweimn

Jan 3, 2011
Thanks. At the time I posted I thought that version was the only one not affected. Guess I had it backwards. I wonder though, if resources could have been diverted to help fix that version.

I'm sure resources could have been but at the same time Google said it was a low percentage of devices that even have that version. I'd like to say it was like 1-3% or something that low so it probably wasn't too high on the list to fix. I do think their is a patch they have out though

xlxcrossing

Dec 6, 2009
Soquel, CA
There's been some subtle info coming through the pipeline but week of 21st (now) is the adjusted time for target release. Hopefully some of you will get the OTA notification soon. This isn't a guarantee by any means, we all know the update process through Verizon historically has always been massively delayed at times when dealing with older devices. Its not like HTC or Verizon though to give constant updates pushing it week to week. They already did their 3 month postponement so I think its legit at this point.

Jaggar345

May 24, 2012
Amston
Says the 24 so just wit until then. I wouldn't be too quick to download it unless your already soff and unlocked it may break the exploit.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

nightbird4558

Apr 23, 2014
Noob Question please!

Guys, a noob here. Just caught the news about KK coming over to Droid DNA. I have an unlocked version running Viper DNA 1.3.5 on Android version 4.1.1 with Sense 4.

Will I get notification of the KK update OTA since I'm in Canada and hence not running on Verizon's network and secondly, if I do the update, will I be able to run the ViperDNA as a dual boot option or is it even worthwhile to do that?

Thanks in advance folks!!!

Top Liked Posts