Please do not post Swype APK's

Search This thread

mssmison

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2008
Google Pixel 5
As Swype is only available as a closed beta or as release within an OEM build, it should not be posted, or linked on XDA.

I'm the beta community relations rep for Swype (Brian Resnik, if you're over on the Swype forums).

First of all, yes we're watching you HAHA. I'm obligated to wag my finger at you all for distributing our software without a license. A little patience will go a long way. Trust me, the more the brass hears about people illegally copying Swype and feeling entitled to a free version (yes, we know there's no copy on the market for you to buy, but you have to respect that OEM distribution is our chosen business model), the less they want to support a beta program at all. The better we play nice with eachother, the sooner more people get into the beta!

Last edited:

Brut.all

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2009
@mssmison
But you know... I will buy Swype first day it will be released - thanks to these leaks :)

mssmison

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2008
Google Pixel 5
Swype has updated their page with the new beta instructions. It appears at this point to be a limited public beta, as it will only be available for a couple of days, and requires you to enter your email address to get the download.
So threads with download links will still not be allowed.
Get the info here; http://beta.swype.com/

Last edited:

Brut.all

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2009
Swype has updated their page with the new beta instructions. It appears at this point to be a limited public beta, as it will only be available for a couple of days, and requires you to enter your email address to get the download.
So threads with download links will still not be allowed.
Get the info here; http://beta.swype.com/

It's really hard to find, that you have edited your post after several hours from adding it :)

electech_poc

May 10, 2010
Denver
Swype

just go to swype's page and get it. It is working fine on my G1 with SuperCSDI rom.

h t t p://beta.swype.com

Izord

Jan 8, 2010
Need the .apk.

Dont want to register my email. Get enuff junk already. Where can we download the .apk? Post it please.

is XDA commercial now? :p:p

androidcues

Mar 6, 2010
Boston
Gents,

I think Ive abused my swype membership --- ive installed it maybe at least 30 times on two phones since March. I've lost the "swype" function and it is basically a nice blue HTC_IME standin. No complaints, but wheres the swype at on Swype?

eromrab

Aug 18, 2010
Droid X comes with it stock. Beautiful app. I might have known someone (a friend of course) who hooked his friends up with Swype on their HTC Eris's. He told me that he went and Googled it and found it pretty quick.

Babydollll

Swype.apk

As Swype is only available as a closed beta or as release within an OEM build, it should not be posted, or linked on XDA.

I understand that you have chosen a particular business model. I think however that it is unfair that it is not sold via the Android Market. What about phones like the Nexus One which now is an official developers phone? The Nexus One did not come with Swype and I would like to have the option to use it. (And yes, I did sign up at swypeinc's website waiting for the beta to reopen) Unless you give people the chance to purchase your product people will find ways around your chosen business model. I haven't myself downloaded the apk and I agree xdadevelopers should heed your warning.

fitzavig

Jul 19, 2010
I'm not really sure what the hang up is for the swype "brass." This program is being released on select phones already, right? Plus I've never heard complaints about it and would love to try it too. I'd gladly pay for something like this (after a trial) so I'm not really sure what the deal is.

Most of us love new software to play with and improve our phones with. However, a big turn-off for us can also be controlling companies like this. If they don't start providing us a valid route to buy or at least use this product, then they're going to lose in the end. The community is large enough we can throw together our own program to do this crap. Hell, shapewriter keyboard already does this and is free to boot and since I can't even use swype, it might as well not exist in the realm of gesture-based keyboards as far as I'm personally concerned.

opethfan3

Aug 11, 2010
Vancouver
I must concur with the rest of the community when I say that choosing not to retail a highly requested, fully functional app shows that the Swype folks are off their rockers. However, if they don't want us to obtain their app and lose customers as a result, that is their prerogative. I'm sure most of us will just find the APKs elsewhere online.