Android vnc server

Search This thread

brandon15811

Dec 4, 2008
has anybody seen this?
http://code.google.com/p/android-vnc-server/
It would be nice to make this into a app, I am going to try to do that, how do i use console commands in a app?
Also, Im trying to figure out what all the keymappings are
A-Z:Same
1-9:Same
1-9 Numpad:Unsure
Symbols:Ctrl-Alt-Delete+Letter
Home:Home
Back:Escape
End:End
Menu:F1
Call/Answer:F3

Last edited:

akirah

Aug 27, 2007
Seattle / Warsaw
www.unixninja.eu

Maisum

Apr 14, 2009
Not sure if it's the same thing, but when you mean VNC, do you mean to connect to your computer and control? If so then there already is a VNC server app

happyface_0

Jan 4, 2009
Last edited:

os2baba

May 4, 2009
Thanks Brandon. Had been looking for this for a long time.

Just in case, others run into the same problem I did to get it working,

I first adb pushed it to /sdcard and tried changing the permissions to make it an executable. But chmod does not work on /sdcard.

Finally, I deleted the file from /sdcard and pushed it to /data/local. I was able to chmod 766 there.

Runs well now. Thanks for the keyboard mappings,

Can't yet figure out "Back", "Call" and "Hang Buttons".

Long Press works on the home screen, but not on selected elements.

Also haven't yet figured out how to scroll down a list. eg. in Astro, I can't figure out how to get context popup on a file or how to scroll down to see the next page. "Page Down" and "Down Arrow" keys don't work. The mouse scroll wheel does not work either.

happyface_0

Jan 4, 2009
This server is horribly laggy, its good for the first few seconds (with RealVNC, at least) then lags to hell.

Last edited:

brandon15811

Dec 4, 2008
@os2baba If your running this on HTC Magic a.k.a T-mobile G1 Back is Esc, Hang is End, but im not sure what Call is

@happyface_0 I will try to compile a new version with a faster refresh rate when i get home from school

EDIT:anybody have any idea how to compile this?

Last edited: