Droid dna Pre-flashed. Want to update to kitkat and re-flash?!

Search This thread

GamerXavier

Dec 9, 2013
I bought a phone pre-flashed to Verizon prepaid off of Craigslist. I am unsure how to flash and lost the person's number. So, could anybody direct me to a site for a walk through for the Flash process. I'm still looking into it and so far I've found the name of a software "QPST" and a google search leads me mostly to discussion about it in use, rather than how to use and if I will need anything more.

I'd like to do Flash another phone as well as if possible remove this phone's flash update it it (for KitKat) then flash it again. As it seems I cannot update otherwise.

Update: I've recently read about CDMA workshop. Still looking for a download link though, not going to pay $200 for something like this.

RLGL

Nov 25, 2012
Stillwater
I bought a phone pre-flashed to Verizon prepaid off of Craigslist. I am unsure how to flash and lost the person's number. So, could anybody direct me to a site for a walk through for the Flash process. I'm still looking into it and so far I've found the name of a software "QPST" and a google search leads me mostly to discussion about it in use, rather than how to use and if I will need anything more.

I'd like to do Flash another phone as well as if possible remove this phone's flash update it it (for KitKat) then flash it again. As it seems I cannot update otherwise.

Update: I've recently read about CDMA workshop. Still looking for a download link though, not going to pay $200 for something like this.

There are numerous threads as how to Change the software on the phone. Use the search feature and learn a little while you are at it. Study the processes and the requirements each has. All the information you need is in this forum and is FREE. All you need to do is invest some time and effort. Read the threads and you will learn from the mistakes of others.
This is not an easy unit to work with.

GamerXavier

Dec 9, 2013
There are numerous threads as how to Change the software on the phone. Use the search feature and learn a little while you are at it. Study the processes and the requirements each has. All the information you need is in this forum and is FREE. All you need to do is invest some time and effort. Read the threads and you will learn from the mistakes of others.
This is not an easy unit to work with.

I'm sorry I believe perhaps I used the wrong term. That was what the person said this was called a flash. Nevertheless, this is far more than just a software change. This flash used has allowed my smartphone on the Verizon prepaid network and to utilize the 3G network at an unlimited, unthrottled rate. I'm pretty sure this change involves the IMEI number.

RLGL

Nov 25, 2012
Stillwater
I'm sorry I believe perhaps I used the wrong term. That was what the person said this was called a flash. Nevertheless, this is far more than just a software change. This flash used has allowed my smartphone on the Verizon prepaid network and to utilize the 3G network at an unlimited, unthrottled rate. I'm pretty sure this change involves the IMEI number.

Is the phone rooted?
Go to >settings>about phone and give us the software, version, android version, baseband and kernel .
with that we can figure out what you have

GamerXavier

Dec 9, 2013
Is the phone rooted?
Go to >settings>about phone and give us the software, version, android version, baseband and kernel .
with that we can figure out what you have

Yes it is rooted.
Android Version: 4.1.1
Software number 2.06.605.1 710RD
HTC SDK API 4.63

Kernel Version
3.4.10-ga02d2c6
root@abm018#1
SMP PREEMPT

Baseband Version
2.06.605.1 CL147796 release-keys

Note: The reason I mention this has to do with IMEI is on the LTE application it shows a different number versus what is on the back sticker and under phone information.

Last edited:

RLGL

Nov 25, 2012
Stillwater
Should not be that big of a deal. you need a working SDK on your computer for a KitKat rom the recovery on the phone needs to be TWRP 2.6 beta or possibly 2.7 will work Try following the stickey at the head of the Q&A . There are also other threads that can guide you.