[Q] "Photo Editor not installed" after Kit Kat update

Search This thread

mjrayner

May 27, 2013
Hello,

My girlfriend's S4 was rooted and we followed this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2726868 to update to Kit Kat. Root is still there, it is as functional as Kit Kat is, but when we go to a picture in the Gallery app, click the menu button and click edit it says "Photo Editor not installed on the device. Download Photo Editor?" "Cancel / Download" clicking Download takes us to the Samsung App store and "Product does not exist in this store.(4002)". I assume I just need an apk of the photo editor? I found PhotoEditor.apk for the S3 and it fixes the error from happening, however it barely functions. Is there an apk around for the S4?

I downloaded the complete ROM from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2721118 but couldn't find which apk it was. Although I think that's the ROM I flashed so maybe it's just missing it.

Any advice?

Thanks!

mjrayner

May 27, 2013
Alright,

Well I downloaded Hyperdrive R15 and installed PhotoRetouching_fhd.apk and PhotoRetouching_H.apk and now it is working. Hope someone else finds this useful since the "complete" 4.4.2 ROM advertised is missing Photo Editor. Thanks.

Reactions: ericmtnbkr

Surge1223

Recognized Contributor
Nov 6, 2012
Florida
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Alright,

Well I downloaded Hyperdrive R15 and installed PhotoRetouching_fhd.apk and PhotoRetouching_H.apk and now it is working. Hope someone else finds this useful since the "complete" 4.4.2 ROM advertised is missing Photo Editor. Thanks.

I didnt remove it. If it wasn't in there then samsung/verizon didnt package it with it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mjrayner

May 27, 2013
I didnt remove it. If it wasn't in there then samsung/verizon didnt package it with it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Interesting, thanks for the info! I'm surprised no one else has had this issue though. I went searching through forums and couldn't find any reference to this problem.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Alright,