[XAP][18/09/2015][0.6] CustomPFD: registry editor + tweaks

Search This thread

Pasquiindustry

Recognized Developer
Jul 9, 2012
Conversano
pasquiindustry.com
Welcome to CustomPFD, a registry editor with tree view and some tweaks, for Windows Phone 8.1
This app can read Keys with any phone, but to write you have to apply the XAP to Preview For Developers (you can use my tool here)you need to interop-unlock your device and possibly a Lumia device.

Latest version: 0.6 - 17/09/2015
- support for CustomPFD Remote
- bugfix for multistring and binary values

Changelog of older versions
v 0.1
- first release

v0.2
- it's possible to delete Keys and values (tap and hold for menù)
- it's possible to create kwys and values
- better interface
- new about page
- full path within tree (you can scroll horizzontaly too)
- added a few tweaks
- new tile

v 0.3 - 29/12/2014
- Better list navigation (especially for long lists)
- More tweaks available:
>>> Custom accent color (ALPHA)
>>> Never Lock Screen
>>> C:\ access via MTP (some folders in read-only mode)
- Interface tweaks
- Save button (but it's not working for now....)
- Infos about registry editing permissions on top of the list
- Path bug fixed
- Tweaks are divided by categories

v 0.5 - created for Interop-unlocked devices - 25/06/2015
NOTE: this version was created to be deployed and not patched with CustomWPSystem!
- vcRegfrom vcFan library gets integrated
- Windows Phone 8.1 full support (no more WP8)
- new interface, with customized style
- registry tree list is a lot more stable
- delete/copy/edit value by pressing an item
- a lot of new tweaks
- White theme fully supported
- Settings reorder page
- Binary, Multistring and Variablestring are supported
- The about page was moved to the home
- a lot of bugfixes and more :D

Really important notes
- If you still want to patch CustomPFD to Preview For Developers with CustomWPSystem, you can download the v0.3
- Some operations such as renaming or deleting still have the same permissions of Preview For Developers, so be careful while creating new keys/values
- This app is compatible with Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 10 Mobile only, with ARM processors
- Other tips are available directly within the app
- If you want to enable the "Full FS Access" tweak, don't shutdown or restart your phone, unless you disable that again!

CustomPFD Remote - app for Windows 10
There's an UWP Application to access and control remotely to CustomPFD, more informations here:
http://xdaforums.com/windows-10/development/app-custompfd-remote-edit-registry-t3205007

Non-english links, tutorials
http://www.windowsblogitalia.com/20...egistri-di-windows-10-mobile-anche-in-remoto/
http://wpvision.de/anleitungen-und-...bearbeiten-windows-10-mobile-|-anleitung.html

Really thanks to djamol and vcFan :highfive:
Enjoy! ;)

Attachments

• CustomPFD_0003.xap
    311.1 KB · Views: 144,671
  • customPFD_0005.xap
    519.1 KB · Views: 79,517
  • CustomPFD_0600.xap
    525.6 KB · Views: 160,815
Last edited:

DilanChd

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 12, 2012
Paris
Hi,

Very promising, thank you for your work.
Unfortunately, this does not work with my NL1520 (8.10.14219.341), even after applying the software reset.

DilanChd

Jun 12, 2012
Paris
- First message: "the operation didn't complete succesfully maybe the app can't get permissions or there's some problems during extracting files. Try to soft reset you phone and retry"
- 2nd message: "Access is denied. Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED)"

Pasquiindustry

Recognized Developer
Jul 9, 2012
Conversano
pasquiindustry.com
mhm... it seems that there's a problem with renaming the apps folde (you could try with a file manager).
Sometimes a soft-reset or remove-reinsert SD may help (I've resolved with this method)
However I've published the 0.3 of CustomWPSystem some minutes ago with a fix.

You can manually patch this app with a file manager?

Reactions: DilanChd

DilanChd

Jun 12, 2012
Paris
mhm... it seems that there's a problem with renaming the apps folde (you could try with a file manager).
Sometimes a soft-reset or remove-reinsert SD may help (I've resolved with this method)
However I've published the 0.3 of CustomWPSystem some minutes ago with a fix.

You can manually patch this app with a file manager?
Make sure you didn't install the swapping tool to the SD card, and that you don't have any SD-card-based apps running when you perform the swap. Either of those will prevent renaming the Apps directory.
Hi,

Thanks.
I followed this (manually method) and works :good:

winphoneuser

Jan 31, 2014
Ekaterinburg
In version 0.2 I did not found registry tweaks useful for me. Also there was no useful tweaks from there. I can not write keys to achieve SIM contacts import/export feature and others. And can you please publish what the values has been changed to achieve each of your listed tweaks here?

Today I realized that something happens with the Preview for Developers app (changed to your registry editor). It`s just disappeared from the apps list, but marked as installed on the Store page. See more.

Pasquiindustry

Recognized Developer
Jul 9, 2012
Conversano
pasquiindustry.com
Version 0.3 available, as Always you can find the changelog and the download link within the first post

For the next version I will add Sim related tweaks and something related to the settings hub and action center, with Keys and value rename function.

Reactions: DilanChd

ricsip

Jul 3, 2009
Is it possible to add this option to the featurelist:

Enable the setting of manual / static IP configuration

its described here:
dev.windowsphone.com/en-US/OEM/docs/Driver_Components/Wi-Fi

To facilitate Wi-Fi certification tests, you can enable a screen from the Wi-Fi settings screen that provides UI elements that allow you to specify a static IP address, gateway address, and DNS server address.

To enable the Static IP UI, set the value of the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\WiFiConnSvc\Parameters\Config\EnableStaticIP registry entry to DWORD 1. If the entry is not set, or is set to any value other than 1, the static IP UI is not enabled. When enabled, the Wi-Fi Static IP UI button appears directly below the Advanced button in the Wi-Fi settings screen.

Marocco2

Nov 17, 2012
forlì
Interop-unlock

Is this tool ready to interop-unlock a device? If not, what's the problem?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to CustomPFD, a registry editor with tree view and some tweaks, for Windows Phone 8.1
    This app can read Keys with any phone, but to write you have to apply the XAP to Preview For Developers (you can use my tool here)you need to interop-unlock your device and possibly a Lumia device.

Latest version: 0.6 - 17/09/2015
    - support for CustomPFD Remote
    - bugfix for multistring and binary values

Changelog of older versions
    v 0.1
    - first release

v0.2
    - it's possible to delete Keys and values (tap and hold for menù)
    - it's possible to create kwys and values
    - better interface
    - new about page
    - full path within tree (you can scroll horizzontaly too)
    - added a few tweaks
    - new tile

v 0.3 - 29/12/2014
    - Better list navigation (especially for long lists)
    - More tweaks available:
    >>> Custom accent color (ALPHA)
    >>> Never Lock Screen
    >>> C:\ access via MTP (some folders in read-only mode)
    - Interface tweaks
    - Save button (but it's not working for now....)
    - Infos about registry editing permissions on top of the list
    - Path bug fixed
    - Tweaks are divided by categories

v 0.5 - created for Interop-unlocked devices - 25/06/2015
    NOTE: this version was created to be deployed and not patched with CustomWPSystem!
    - vcRegfrom vcFan library gets integrated
    - Windows Phone 8.1 full support (no more WP8)
    - new interface, with customized style
    - registry tree list is a lot more stable
    - delete/copy/edit value by pressing an item
    - a lot of new tweaks
    - White theme fully supported
    - Settings reorder page
    - Binary, Multistring and Variablestring are supported
    - The about page was moved to the home
    - a lot of bugfixes and more :D

Really important notes
    - If you still want to patch CustomPFD to Preview For Developers with CustomWPSystem, you can download the v0.3
    - Some operations such as renaming or deleting still have the same permissions of Preview For Developers, so be careful while creating new keys/values
    - This app is compatible with Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 10 Mobile only, with ARM processors
    - Other tips are available directly within the app
    - If you want to enable the "Full FS Access" tweak, don't shutdown or restart your phone, unless you disable that again!

CustomPFD Remote - app for Windows 10
    There's an UWP Application to access and control remotely to CustomPFD, more informations here:
    http://xdaforums.com/windows-10/development/app-custompfd-remote-edit-registry-t3205007

Non-english links, tutorials
    http://www.windowsblogitalia.com/20...egistri-di-windows-10-mobile-anche-in-remoto/
    http://wpvision.de/anleitungen-und-...bearbeiten-windows-10-mobile-|-anleitung.html

Really thanks to djamol and vcFan :highfive:
    Enjoy! ;)
    CustomPFD 0.5 Available for download! Infos within the open post ;)
    Make sure you didn't install the swapping tool to the SD card, and that you don't have any SD-card-based apps running when you perform the swap. Either of those will prevent renaming the Apps directory.
    Version 0.6 crashes on Samsung ATIV S on 8.10.15127.148.

Version 0.3 worked fine but only few registry values were available for editing.

What I did:
    1. Using Application Deployment from Windows Phone 8.1 SDK deployed CustomWPSystem 0.6 to phone's internal memory storage.
    2. Installed Preview for Developers app to SD card.
    3. Copied CustomPFD 0.6 to the root of SD card.
    4. Fired up CustomWPSystem 0.6 and clicked the red SD Card permission so that it turned green.
    5. In the drop-down list selected Preview for developers.
    6. Tapped Select the XAP and selected teh CustomPFD_0600.xap copied on the SD card.

If I click Apply XAP, the CustemWPSystem app just closes with no error or any other kind of message...

What am I doing wrong or what could be wrong here provided that version 0.3 worked?

Thank you.

http://xdaforums.com/windows-phone-8/development/ativ-s-gt-i8750xxdoc2rssigned-t3242019