[TOOL] WinDroid Toolkit | Unlock | Root | Flash | Install | Moto X Play

Search This thread

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago
Link To Main Thread
uqNRwpE.gif

About
The WinDroid Toolkit is a Windows program built in Visual Studio using the C# programming language that simplifies the rooting process for many Android devices. The toolkit makes it easy to unlock your bootloader, flash a custom recovery and gain permanent root. It also includes other functions such as flashing kernels, pushing files and installing apps. If you find it helpful, give me a thanks and a donation if you can. If you find a bug or have a feature request, feel free to leave a reply. Thanks!

Download
WinDroid Toolkit

Changelog
Check out this document for current and past changelogs.

Supported Devices
Check out this spreadsheet for a list of currently supported devices.
Device not supported? Make a request here!

Contribute
Check out the source code on GitHub here.

Disclaimers
Please do not post, mirror, or take credit for this toolkit or any related work without explicit permission.
I am in no way responsible for any harm, damage, nuclear fission or bee infestation that may occur to your device through the use of this toolkit.

Last edited:

SaladEsc

Dec 10, 2014
Copenhagen
Seems really promising! I am having a slight issue however.

After unlucking the bootloader succesfully, when i proceed to flash twrp, it says success. However, when I boot into recovery, i get the classic "Resting Android robot" saying "No Command"

Reactions: earomulo01

ToYeD

Aug 27, 2010
Awesome tool. I just have one question. Is it possible to relock the bootloader without losing root? I unlocked bootloader manually, I boot twrp (not flashed, just boot) and installed SuperSU. So I still have the stock recovery, but I'd like to relock the bootloader without having to lose root.

Reactions: Serial Kazama
Awesome tool. I just have one question. Is it possible to relock the bootloader without losing root? I unlocked bootloader manually, I boot twrp (not flashed, just boot) and installed SuperSU. So I still have the stock recovery, but I'd like to relock the bootloader without having to lose root.

Hallo , here is a Link with a Tut how to Unroot the Moto X Play.

My phone is hast not arrived yet. Can´t confirm the procedure. :silly:

Greeting... Kaz :eek:

ToYeD

Aug 27, 2010
Hallo , here is a Link with a Tut how to Unroot the Moto X Play.

My phone is hast not arrived yet. Can´t confirm the procedure. :silly:

Greeting... Kaz :eek:

I want to relock the bootloader but keep root. I don't want to lose root or busybox as I need them for several functions. I just want to get rid of the annoying warning on boot that says I have an unlocked bootloader.

aarmstrong23

Aug 8, 2012
Hi guys! Just receive my new moto x play today :D and want to root it! Its good to go with this tool?!

Envoyé de mon Nexus 5 en utilisant Tapatalk

zdeev

Jul 14, 2011
Realme GT Neo 2
I've used the tool to unlock the bootloader and flash TWRP. Worked smooth and didn't really have any issues. I did had to flash TWRP twice, but that might have been an error on my part for not looking at my phone after the first flash attempt. SU installed via on screen notifications after booting into recovery, worked like a charm too.

I recommend this tool as it takes away a load of work, especially with the bootloader unlock.

isene

Dec 19, 2011
Cardboard Box Town
When trying to boot in recovery i got "No Command" while the device is unlocked and i tried to flash new recovery...

EDIT:
You must enable "OEM unlock" after the reboot

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Link To Main Thread
    uqNRwpE.gif

About
    The WinDroid Toolkit is a Windows program built in Visual Studio using the C# programming language that simplifies the rooting process for many Android devices. The toolkit makes it easy to unlock your bootloader, flash a custom recovery and gain permanent root. It also includes other functions such as flashing kernels, pushing files and installing apps. If you find it helpful, give me a thanks and a donation if you can. If you find a bug or have a feature request, feel free to leave a reply. Thanks!

Download
    WinDroid Toolkit

Changelog
    Check out this document for current and past changelogs.

Supported Devices
    Check out this spreadsheet for a list of currently supported devices.
    Device not supported? Make a request here!

Contribute
    Check out the source code on GitHub here.

Disclaimers
    Please do not post, mirror, or take credit for this toolkit or any related work without explicit permission.
    I am in no way responsible for any harm, damage, nuclear fission or bee infestation that may occur to your device through the use of this toolkit.
    Reserved

Reserved.
    working flawlessly. thanks :)
    Remember when using this tool, in developer options, you must have "OEM bootloader unlock" allowed. Went round in circles for a little while last night until I realised it wasn't enabled.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

I've included a message about that before it begins unlocking now so people don't get confused like you did. :p
    WinDroid Toolkit v3.0 Is Now Out!

WinDroid Toolkit v3.0 has been released! It's a huge update with a material redesign, major recode and support for 43 new devices!

You can out more specific changes in the changelog here.

You can download the new update here.

All versions before v3.0 will not have their files updated anymore since I've moved from hosting on BasketBuild to Amazon S3. Please update to v3.0 to ensure you're getting the latest recovery and root files!