[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v2.1.4 [Updated 01/16/16]: Nexus 5X Thread

Search This thread

WugFresh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2010
Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 2.1.4 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest official Android builds and Nexus devices are supported. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. This release brings full Marshmallow root support plus all automated features by utilizing a new system that no longer requires modified boot.imgs. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

GDhJYE8.jpg

q1o1kav.jpg

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

Looking for a walk-through? >> Excellent Instructional/How-To Videos: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}

Last edited:

leontine

Apr 17, 2012
Hi! Very nice to see you here! You're always been my backup when I screw up something in the past with my nexus devices. I'm know I can always get back to stock with NRT ;)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5X met Tapatalk

Reactions: StakMak99

imadiu

Jan 4, 2011
Singapore
I couldn't install busybox as mentioned in the instructions provided for "rooting", it's the last step (confirmation for root). It prompted me to change installation directory but system/bin doesn't work as well. And i can't boot recovery as well after the whole rooting process. It just shows me a dead android there

edit: i may have download stock recovery as well, as prompted by your toolkit after rooting.
#2 edit: reflashed twrp to solve my problems, but you may want to mention something to prevent something like that from happening again. Or maybe i'm just dumb
#3 edit: so sorry, it seems that the busybox provided was outdated, update it from playstore and installation will be good to go

Last edited:

mmartenn

Jun 4, 2011
I couldn't install busybox as mentioned in the instructions provided for "rooting", it's the last step (confirmation for root). It prompted me to change installation directory but system/bin doesn't work as well. And i can't boot recovery as well after the whole rooting process. It just shows me a dead android there

edit: i may have download stock recovery as well, as prompted by your toolkit after rooting.
#2 edit: reflashed twrp to solve my problems, but you may want to mention something to prevent something like that from happening again. Or maybe i'm just dumb
#3 edit: so sorry, it seems that the busybox provided was outdated, update it from playstore and installation will be good to go

I am having BusyBox issues also.

imadiu

Jan 4, 2011
Singapore
I am having BusyBox issues also.

If you tried to install busybox right after you root your phone, as what the Root toolkit tells you to, it will not work like mine. That's because it's outdated. So just go to play store and update that app first before you reinstall any other app. I presume you rooted your device right after you unlock your bootloader which factory resets your device.

coolineho

Dec 7, 2008
I have issue gaining write access to /system, busybox can't install to system/bin or system/xbin, had to install busybox through recovery.
also no /system write access through adb shell, it says system file read only

blackrome0

Feb 26, 2013
I'm also facing the same issue, can't install busy box. It force closes after it fails to install. I tried updating to 124.1 but that didn't work, I also uninstalled and installed again from the playstore but that didn't work.

I also can't reboot into TWRP, unless I reboot through the NRT updater.
If I try to reboot normally without the updater, then I get the red warning message saying my phone is corrupt, followed by the green android robot with a red warning triangle coining out of it's stomach.

I'm running MDB08L

What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

mmartenn

Jun 4, 2011
Install notes:
In options menu disable installing busybox, install busybox from play store after root process.
After root, Flashboot Flash Recovery in Advanced Utilities.

I have had no problems after using these steps.

Last edited:
Reactions: dumbhorse and jbdan

shane1981

Mar 11, 2014
millington
I followed the steps above and busybox still wouldn't install so I found a 1.24.1 flashable zip flashed it and it worked . just another option to try if all others are not working

Tank87

Sep 8, 2013
Does the "Restore: Flash Stock + Unroot" option completely wipe any trace of unlocking, rooting so that the phone could be sent to Google for repair. (I'm just asking, in case my screen breaks)

mmartenn

Jun 4, 2011
Does the "Restore: Flash Stock + Unroot" option completely wipe any trace of unlocking, rooting so that the phone could be sent to Google for repair. (I'm just asking, in case my screen breaks)

Yup, just did mine to send it back to google for warranty replacement of intermittent power button.

Reactions: ritchea

largeselection

Dec 22, 2010
NYC
Guys here is a flashable zip. It's busybox 1.24.1 permissive. It's works 100% for me many times. If anyone wants 1.24.1 SElinux just let me know and I'll upload it

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e8tpfd4d8qcsqo5/Busybox-1.24.1.zip?dl=0

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I just tried flashing this file (through twrp right?). It doesn't look like it worked through TWRP I got an "Updated process ended with error=1, error flashing 1.24.1.zip", and busybox is still not present on the phone when I restarted it. I tried downloading it from the play store directly and it still gives me the "it looks like it was not installed successfully" error message. Should I be flashing this file some other way? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Reactions: sampiter

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 2.1.4 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest official Android builds and Nexus devices are supported. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. This release brings full Marshmallow root support plus all automated features by utilizing a new system that no longer requires modified boot.imgs. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

GDhJYE8.jpg

q1o1kav.jpg

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

Looking for a walk-through? >> Excellent Instructional/How-To Videos: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
    Reserved

*I am big fan of this device. Looking forward to using it as my daily driver, and very happy to extend NRT support*
    Nice to see you here WugFresh!
    Good to see you, glad you've joined us :thumbup: