*Official* CR_Slide Development [32a/32b]

Search This thread

Azuske

Jan 31, 2009
Tampa, Florida
I am Azuske or @ts0cha0tik via Twitter and I work with ChiefzReloaded in the development of the Slide2G1 rom and I decided to make a thread that will provide up-to-date information on the development of the rom. Please avoid being a cry baby about stupid stuff on this thread because its for reporting and help only.

Dev - ChiefzReloaded
Beta Testers - ts0cha0tik (me), Gamercore, Aeltrius
Thanks to: Cyanogen, Meltus, Kingklick, Firerat, Dominukk ,& .mak ( & his dev team for pointers)

Donate To ChiefReloaded to help him get a new phone as his phone fried by using the wrong code on his rom development.
Donation Link

Note: Thanks AndroidSpin for allowing us to host Chiefzreloaded roms on there servers :)
Visit ChiefzReloaded's AndroidSPIN Developer Homepagefor more info and downloads

Optional Overclocking Kernel
-652 Overclocking Kernel (This one is optional -CREDIT GOES TO Dumfuq, Koush and Pershoot for making this possible)
-If Using Overclocking Kernel use SETCPU and turn off auto refresh then set your max to 652 (652800) and your min to 528 (528000) then turn on auto refresh as well as set on boot and set your cpu governor to ONDEMAND then restart... you now have a fast new side update
-After First Boot... Wait 10mins before unlocking the first lock screen

Compatible Devices:
- HTC Dream (32a): RogersDream, Vodafone Dream
- HTC Dream (32b): T-Mobile G1 / HTC ADP1
- HTC Sapphire (32a): Vodafone Magic / T-Mobile Mytouch 1.2 & Fender (Requires modding)
- HTC Sapphire (32b): T-Mobile MyTouch (1st Gen)

What Works?

-Camera
-Camcorder
-GPS
-Friendstream
-LVH Audio Hack Files for V0.8 and Later (Thanks @Dev_Meltus)
-Genius Button
-MyModes
-Tether (Wireless & Wired)
-Youtube SD & HD
-Browser
-Widgets
-Market
-USB
-Call/Data/3G

~ChangeLogs~

*V1.0
-Improved Stability
-Improved Speed
-Changes to Build.prop (Dominukk)
-Ext4/256 Swap Recommended
-Working Swype (Official Slide Themed Version)
-Finally reached stable release V1.0
-Removed HeroLED (Dev Request)
-Removed Meltus LVHack (App)
-Added Meltus LVHack (Files)
-Make sure you clear data (HTC Sense)

Instuctions For top speed:
Requires EXT4/Swap 256
After the rom loads up on your device REBOOT FIRST then after restart is complete go directly to setcpu
SetCpu Speeds: Min (245) Max (528)
AFTER THAT YOUR SET!
If you experience widget issues on first boot just clear data on HTC Sense app and you should be fine after that

*V.0.6.2
- Reboot on theme selection should be fixed now....
- More optimization!! fastest build yet(especially on G1, speed has boosted notably)
- Added meltus LVH with permission from @Dev_Meltus himself Thanks man!!
- Added heroLED, leds fully functional now
(start app, select LEDS u want, hit menu and choose start service. press end to lock screen and when u resume, LEDS will be enabled)
- Swype 1.29 has been moved to data/app so G1 users can remove it if it seems to lag there system
- 3D gallery has been removed as it was causing the system to lag due to it constantly opening itself in the background
- Camera is fixed, preview is B/W... i have an idea as to y and will release a patch... but the pics r in color
- Dark video problem, driver issue... is now fixed, videos should be bright again
- Removed pdf viewer as u can replace on the market
- Removed IM app due to mem issues... i suggest Meebo from the market
- Set CPU 1.52 has been added for simplicity in overclocking. If u like it please support the dev by purchasing the donate version in the market. Set speed to performance 528 max and this thing is FAST!!
- Removed Faves/Faves Widget as it wouldnt function properly (if i can get it fixed u will get a flashable zip update)
- Battery drain issue should be fixed now... let me know ur personal experiences....
- Flash 10.1 for G1 is something im looking to patch for G1 users, try the included Skyfire Beta browser as it has its own flash...
- Removed Stock and News apks as they were causing some sort of lag issues on G1... remember, the market is ur friend

*v0.05.1

Fixed the problems causing G1 users reboot issues
Added newest Swype 1.29 as default (from original dump)
Fixed the probs the few of u experienced with GPS locking location on maps (if problem persists, just restart the map aplication after its attempted a fix and it will lock)
A few other bug fixes...
This is the pre release version of 5.1 but it will get all u users who had problems back in the game.... please do a full wipe for this one... sorry for the prior issues in 5

*v0.05

Implemented new kernel from CM5.0.7 version 2.6.33.3 (Thanks again for letting me use this Cy!!)
Added newest wifi tether for 2.1 direct from the Cy man

*v0.04.1

BROWSER!! Yes it works
Flash 10.1 should be working now
Car Dock and USB tether added
Maps has been fixed
Java now included
Visual Voicemail and Genius fully functional
VIDEO!! YouTube, HQ, etc.
3D Gallery to data/app (Optional & Can Be Removed)
Moved themes to data/app (Now Optional... u can uninstall ones u dont like for space)
Added Skyfire Beta (fast browser alternative)
Pinch zoom on Browser / Home work
Gmail & Related Apps Fully Functional
3D fully functional
Added Astro for easy file management

This is not my work! It is @ChiefzReloadeds work I just test

Last edited:

juangil

Jan 29, 2009
PhOeNiX ArIzOnA
after flashing... let it boot for about 15 min till I see lock screen,
let is sit and watch logcat to continue safely
Nice and pretty much a complete Rom
only missing Faves
using autostarts and autokiller to make it run better
Thanks

Last edited:

protomanez

Aug 26, 2009
I'm Up There Eh?
Woah you got Meltus' permission to use the paid version in it, you must be quite the man. Anyways I love your rom, been using it for a week. I can survive the battery drainage but it should be better then it is now, since I need 2 apps just for my phone to survive 7 hours. I also have some problems with speed but it's not too bad with the OC kernel.

btw, think we should close the other one, as it ain't official and the person had no permission to post without these guys' authority. Just putting that out there.

Last edited:

speedysilwady

Oct 9, 2009
will .7 fix the battery drain and call lag? memory leak fixes? i loved this rom but i couldnt handle it after 2 days lol.

btw can you please link to the android spin forums in the OP since they seem to get the updates first?

sorry for all the questions, much appreciated! =D

Azuske

Jan 31, 2009
Tampa, Florida
will .7 fix the battery drain and call lag? memory leak fixes? i loved this rom but i couldnt handle it after 2 days lol.

btw can you please link to the android spin forums in the OP since they seem to get the updates first?

sorry for all the questions, much appreciated! =D

Its okay :)
We are always listening to requests... I am just the tester but I do my best to make this rom run smoothly.

The reason for the lag is the dump we used... we have a new dump so maybe that memory leak is gone... if not then we will find it and get rid of it :)

Once again its CR thats doing the deving... i just find the issues and its up to all of you to report what you find just incase I missed it

Bzerk1

May 31, 2009
i liked 0.6.2 and i dont think .7 will fall short, but do you think we will ever see Blue Tooth working on it? It seems sense roms dont ever have it.

domenukk

Jan 11, 2010
Official mytouch rom is announced for "old mytouch". If we are lucky, it's 32b... and maybe even for the 2.x radio... but I won't beleave it before I have it installed on my phone. :)

enatefox

Jul 4, 2008
Glad people are still working on this. I kanged Zenulator's CDMA port's apps and framework and have Rosie and Music w/landscape support. I saw the patch for LWP in Sense too but not sure if that would work on different kernels but I'll try..

The official update I believe is for Magic 32A but the hardware should be close enough to get BT. Either way, it's a closer port.

Last edited:

Azuske

Jan 31, 2009
Tampa, Florida
The reason its taking so long for a new release is because

1. The dev had Linux issues
2. We are using a better dump from the original device
3. We had issues with the speed in the last dump so we have been waiting for a kernel or a new dump to help fix this without the need to overclock your device too much
Don't worry you will be happy once its released just keep sending in what u find in previous versions so we can make sure the issues are fixed and drop the beta tag

protomanez

Aug 26, 2009
I'm Up There Eh?
Bluetooth isn't really a priority in 2.1 sense roms, just saying. Do you want the ability to get rid of call lag or have a bluetooth device first?If you need bluetooth don't use sense or downgrade to 1.5. You could also get a new phone.

Last edited:

alan090

Jan 24, 2010
Toronto
how about you get chiefz to remove that app and the reupload your rom if you want to post download links

@alan0421 Let me say this now. I NEVER gave anyone permission to use the paid version of my app in their ROMs. I will be speaking to Mods...

so unfortunatly - everything you said just made you look silly in the other thread

I was right

check meltus twitter for the proof :)