Import SMS from Android to iPhone?

Search This thread

Kapky

Jan 27, 2010
Hi!
my sister got an Android phone for her birthday, but after some time, she realised, she doesn't like it so much...She decided to buy something more "user-friendly"(i don't understand her, she's crazy!!) and she decided to buy an iPhone..:confused: But she has no idea, how to import her sms messages from Android to iPhone(if it is possible). Don't you know any solution, how to get it working??

Thanx a lot

hungry81

Apr 23, 2009
Try saving the sms' to the sim card and just transfer the sim across, and save them to the phone.

if it works give me the android. Her loss can be my gain.

leducbao

Feb 15, 2010
Paris
Hi!
my sister got an Android phone for her birthday, but after some time, she realised, she doesn't like it so much...She decided to buy something more "user-friendly"(i don't understand her, she's crazy!!) and she decided to buy an iPhone..:confused: But she has no idea, how to import her sms messages from Android to iPhone(if it is possible). Don't you know any solution, how to get it working??

Thanx a lot
You can use SMS Migrator here: http://www.androlib.com/android.application.org-baole-mainimporter-iCDt.aspx

emko7

Sep 5, 2010
SMS migrator only works for importing to android, not iphone.
91 mobile assistant android can only export as txt xml or csv,
91 mobile assistant iphone can only import .db files.

Is there no way to convert an xml into a db?

StardustOne

Jul 1, 2009
This is so amazing, with all this modern technology out there and no, there is no way to move data from product a to product b? It seems that this industry is indeed stuck in a thick cloud (of how to make things extremly hard for customers who want to switch).

Jailbreaking an iPhone 4s would not be that easy and I personally do not like to do this.

Why can't apple step up and create a "easy to transfer everything on the android to iPhone" application and google could do it vice versa? With what we have now it is either forget your data transfer and be stuck forever or throw it overboard and start from scratch. This is IT from the stone age and not the fancy miracle pixie dust stuff that is printed on the sales boxes.

Last edited:
Reactions: coupedummy

emmegi

May 27, 2009
Turin
Apolsoft Android SMS Transfer is designed for cellphones running Android 2.1/2.2/2.3. Apolsoft Android SMS Transfer help you to transfer and backup SMS messages between android phone and computer or laptop. Backup SMS into Data file(.db); Restore SMS to your android phone; View/edit/delete/print your android SMS on computer.

Features:

1.Backup and save all your android phone SMS to computer.

2.View and edit exported text message on computer.

3.Restore SMS from computer to android phone

4.Transfer SMS into txt. file and print it on computer

5.Support unlimited SMS backup&restore(Support Android 2.1 Eclair/Android 2.2 Froyo/Android 2.3 Gingerbread)

6.Export SMS to txt. file on computer

Free download Apolsoft Android SMS Transfer

URL= recovery-iphone.com/apolsoft-android-sms-transfer.html

we need a software to transfer FROM Android TO iPhone. The Apolsoft is NOT the solution!

philippfrenzel

Feb 6, 2012
Hello Together,

as I had the same problem (my girlfriend switched from android to iPhone) - I wrote a complete App that views the android sms-table on the iPhone, checks out contacts from the iPhone adressbook and allows to delete not needed messages!

If you are interested in the solution (as I'm still working to get it certified from apple) you can already contact me under philipp[at]frenzel.net

If you don't understand why it's only a viewer, this is because apple closed down any methods to add records to their tbl_messages in the background (uihuihuihui:))

Took me days to dig into this "specials...".

Cheers Philipp

emmegi

May 27, 2009
Turin
Hello Together,

as I had the same problem (my girlfriend switched from android to iPhone) - I wrote a complete App that views the android sms-table on the iPhone, checks out contacts from the iPhone adressbook and allows to delete not needed messages!

If you are interested in the solution (as I'm still working to get it certified from apple) you can already contact me under philipp[at]frenzel.net

If you don't understand why it's only a viewer, this is because apple closed down any methods to add records to their tbl_messages in the background (uihuihuihui:))

Cheers Philipp

mail sended!

TPADroid

Jan 27, 2011
Tampa
Hello Together,

Cheers Philipp

Mail Sent as well.

lilyana

Apr 24, 2011
Porto
Hi!

Thanx a lot

You can also use a gmail account, its possible to save it from android to a folder... Then she can see it on web, phone... wotever.
Use "smsbackup+" app...

Reactions: numbersix012

numbersix012

Apr 4, 2012
You can also use a gmail account, its possible to save it from android to a folder... Then she can see it on web, phone... wotever.
Use "smsbackup+" app...

I used smsbackup + and I successfully copied all the messages on the database to gmail. But now my question is: how can I restore these sms on my iphone 3G iPhone OS 5.1?

Thanks

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

Hello Together,

Cheers Philipp

Mail SENT

emmegi

May 27, 2009
Turin
Hello Together,

Cheers Philipp

U can modify the sms.db itunes backup file for add/remove/manage sms/mms. For who know a little bit of database language, i think all is possible. Remember we talking about text message, and non machine-code :(
With Android system we can export on many ways the sms (for example in xlm) and with another software (OSX, Windows, Linux) is possible merging the messages and create a new sms.db. After, with a synch through iTunes, we can have do the job.... Utopia ? I don't think....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is so amazing, with all this modern technology out there and no, there is no way to move data from product a to product b? It seems that this industry is indeed stuck in a thick cloud (of how to make things extremly hard for customers who want to switch).

Jailbreaking an iPhone 4s would not be that easy and I personally do not like to do this.

Why can't apple step up and create a "easy to transfer everything on the android to iPhone" application and google could do it vice versa? With what we have now it is either forget your data transfer and be stuck forever or throw it overboard and start from scratch. This is IT from the stone age and not the fancy miracle pixie dust stuff that is printed on the sales boxes.
    Hi!

Thanx a lot

Use "smsbackup+" app...