[Q] Does anyone know where the GPS Radio file is?

Search This thread

bobolinko

Nov 5, 2010
Everett WA
I had no problems with 4.2.2 using the updated t-modem.bin file with my phone, and it got super funky the other day, so I reverted to stock and rooted and proceeded to bring it to where I was before it went all goofy.

here is info on what is going now:
SGH-M919
T-MOBILE
BOOTLOADER - M918UVUAMDL
BASEBAND - M919UVUEMK2 (i flashed only the Modem.bin file) I get good all around data reception edge/4G/LTE.

However, Now, my GPS takes a hella long time to get enough of a signal to start the navigation, Sometimes i'm waiting over 10 minutes for a fix on location.

I tried using GPS Toolbox and reset and downloaded the gps file, but no joy there.... Sometimes even the GPS toolbox takes a while to "Find" all the satellites...

I thought if there is a GPS radio file I could reinstall, I'd rather do that than rebuilding the whole setup again. ALL the other stuff is absolutely perfect and I'd really prefer to keep things working like now, except for the GPS lock-on-time...

Thanks, I'll wait to see if anyone has input before I go re-inventing the wheel again...

Aloha!

PanchoPlanet

Oct 15, 2011
Crooklyn
Use Faster GPS to change the satelites it uses.

I experienced a similar scenario between 4.2 JB and 4.4 KK, my GPS was super on 4.2 , back in March I took a screen shot as you can see, and then today . Less sats and I have to turn it on and off to get to start up.
I'm running Fenny's almost stock rom al present.

Pp.

sent from my bluetooth controlled toaster.

Last edited:

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
I experienced a similar scenario between 4.2 JB and 4.4 KK, my GPS was super on 4.2 , back in March I took a screen shot as you can see, and then today . Less sats and I have to turn it on and off to get to start up.
I'm running Fenny's almost stock rom al present.

Pp.

I haven't had any issues after using faster GPS. I even can get a lock in my basement.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

PanchoPlanet

Oct 15, 2011
Crooklyn
I haven't had any issues after using faster GPS. I even can get a lock in my basement.

Where do you navigate to in your basement?
Do you live in a castle? ???

Anyways, I don't like using apps, would rather figure out what's wrong or go back to stock.

Pp. ;)

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
Where do you navigate to in your basement?
Do you live in a castle? ???

Anyways, I don't like using apps, would rather figure out what's wrong or go back to stock.

Pp. ;)

Lol my weather app tracks my location. But it's not that anything is wrong. It's just scanning for satellites that don't exist in your area so by using faster GPS you tell the GPS antenna to only look for satellites in your area.

PanchoPlanet

Oct 15, 2011
Crooklyn
May try if no other option, looking at ktoonsez kernel options for now, maybe a kernel may give me the fix I'm looking for as far as gps, LTE network disappearing.

Pp.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use Faster GPS to change the satelites it uses.