DOOGEE Shoot 1 - Information & Reviews - 5.5" FHD | MT6737T | 2GB | 16GB | Dual Cam

Search This thread

Alberto96

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Modugno (BA)
Samsung Galaxy S4
LeEco Le 2
DOOGEE Shoot 1 - Information & Reviews - 5.5" FHD | MT6737T | 2GB | 16GB | Dual Cam

DOOGEE Shoot 1

1.jpg

Specs:

Dimensions: 156.6 * 77.0 * 8.7 mm
Weight:
Chassis: Metal
SoC: MediaTek MT6737T
CPU: ARM Cortex-A53, 4x1453 MHz + 4x1000 Mhz, Cores: 4 + 4
GPU: ARM Mali-T860 MP2 650MHz, Cores: 2
Network: 4G Cat.6 (300MBps) with VoLTE Support
RAM: 2 GB
Storage: 16 GB
Memory cards: microSD, microSDHC, microSDXC
Display: 5.5 in, Sharp IPS, 1080 x 1920 pixels, 24 bit
Protection:
Battery: 3300mAh, Li-Polymer
Main Back Camera: 4160 x 3120 pixels (13MP), Samsung Sensor, Dual-LED Flash, PDAF
Secondary Back Camera: 3264 x 2448 pixels (8MP)
Front Camera: 3264 x 2448 pixels (8MP)
SIM card: Dual SIM, Dual-Standby
Wi-Fi:
USB: 2.0, Micro-USB
Bluetooth: 4.0
Positioning: GPS
Other Features: Fingerprint Scanner, Compass/Magnetometer, 5V/2A Fast Charge
Colors: Galaxy Gray, Mocha Gold, Obsidian Black

spc_01.jpg

spc_02.jpg

spc_03.jpg

spc_04.jpg

spc_05.jpg

spc_06.jpg

spc_07.jpg

Leaked News:

DOOGEE Shoot 1 first unboxing and review

DOOGEE is on a roll with their mid-range phones, which includes a slew of high-quality yet affordable smartphones. Recently there comes a brand new series named Shoot series.

Unboxing Video

The Shoot 1 is one of the cheapest Dual Camera smartphone available on the market, and with latest discounts (available on many e-shops) it may be the cheapest.

BsxyBrkl.jpg

znEYImfl.jpg

D6GTzsml.jpg

Dual Camera, Dual-LED Flash

The most interesting aspect of this device is its rear-facing dual camera setup. The Shoot 1 comes with a 13MP primary shooter and 8MP secondary unit, with the latter being used purely to capture depth information that can be taken advantage of when using the camera’s wide aperture mode.

HCT9CCp.gif

The wide aperture mode lets you dial in the aperture, which allows for a very large bokeh (or SLR) effect. The bokeh effect does work quite well and looks very convincing. If you cover the lense before you start shooting, there will be an alert. It’s also a symbol of real dual camera.

r8r1WVOl.jpg

VHKjIxGl.jpg

Front Camera, 8MP with 88' wide-angle lens and beautify mode

With an 8MP front camera, it allows to achieve superior selfies even in low light. Set the camera to take a photo when you smile, or fingerprint shutter. Detects your face and applies custom beauty settings.

The beautify feature is something pretty common nowadays, and here it works even better thanks to the high-quality camera.

Advantages

+ Solid build quality
+ Dual-SIM support
+ MicroSD support
+ Dual cameras
+ Front facing fingerprint reader
+ Good price to performance ratio

Disadvantages

- No USB Type-C
- Weak speaker

Disclaimer: this review hasn't been written by me personally. (coming soon)

Product Webpage: http://www.doogee.cc/detail/Shoot-series/73

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/doogee.cc
Twitter: https://twitter.com/DOOGEE_official
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/doogee_official

Last edited:
Reactions: mohamed sobhy

jmam

Nov 16, 2006
Doogee Shoot 1 first OTA update came with a trojan in the system. Detected as Rootkin.DB by Bitdefender, it installs continuously a com.android.horizons.syne_1008.apk , which is removed , but comes back after several hours.
Hope Doogee sends a clean stock rom . Could it be done via OTA?

Alberto96

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Modugno (BA)
Samsung Galaxy S4
LeEco Le 2
Doogee Shoot 1 first OTA update came with a trojan in the system. Detected as Rootkin.DB by Bitdefender, it installs continuously a com.android.horizons.syne_1008.apk , which is removed , but comes back after several hours.

Yes, i will alert Doogee about this.

Reactions: mohamed sobhy

mohamed sobhy

Mar 20, 2016
After ota ubdate finger id doesn't work good as before. And the camera Whether front and back is soo bad in video call about any social app.

blueredzg

Feb 28, 2017
I'm screwed. When I tried to root my Shoot_1, I loaded something improperly and then it did not stop giving me errors with SP_Flashtools. I had no choice but to format all the partitions except the preloader and wait for the damn rom to appear.
At this moment I would settle for that update that they say they has viruses
I do not understand why doogee no up load the rom already.

Last edited:

Iliyena

Apr 30, 2016
Kallinge
I'm screwed. When I tried to root my Shoot_1, I loaded something improperly and then it did not stop giving me errors with SP_Flashtools. I had no choice but to format all the partitions except the preloader and wait for the damn rom to appear.
At this moment I would settle for that update that they say they has viruses
I do not understand why doogee no up load the rom already.
Beg of someone here to make a nandroid of a ROM never booted? This will not work without TWRP though... Sry. Such a new device with susch a small following yet.

As follows:
1. They do full nandroid of their device.
2. They Reset the phone
3. Do a nandroid of the current state before ever booting/insert any settings.
4. They upload it somewhere for you.
5. They restore their phone with the android from before...
6. You restore the nandroid (don't overwrite the stuff unique to your phone!)
7. Do a factory reset just to be sure nothing malicious is done to the shared nandroid...

Does this work techie people? Dunno of the phone got good TWRP though ;)

Sent from my SM-G920F using XDA Labs

Last edited:

Alberto96

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Modugno (BA)
Samsung Galaxy S4
LeEco Le 2
Review (part 1)

Introduction

This is the DOOGEE Shoot 1.

1.jpg

Hardware

Just like most Mediatek Dual Camera devices, also this one is powered by a Mediatek MT6737T SOC clocked at 1.44GHz, the Full-HD capable variant of the MT6737 (standard variant supports maximum HD), together with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of ROM. with a 13MP rear main camera and 2.0MP rear secondary camera.

ThIjnCQh.jpg

Unboxing

h9egtElh.jpg

Packaging comes with some accessories: 1x Micro-USB Cable, 1x 5V/2A USB Charger, 1x User Guide, 1x TPU Cover, 1x Extra Screen Protector, 1x SIM-Tray Eject Tool and the Smartphone (of course). A screen protector is already applied.

OxA94rD.jpg
DHTK77Hh.jpg

Being the first Dual Camera device ever released by DOOGEE, it seems to be pretty well-made as regards its build quality. I might have expected a Metal Chassis, but, somehow, DOOGEE choose to use a Plastic variant that might looks like metal (painting effect). It feels solid enough, an overall interesting design.

zwvhOVLh.jpg
iqUuUt6h.jpg

aa1GlpKh.jpg
mKGn0m7h.jpg

It is 15.70x7.72x0.92cm, not the most compact 5.5 inches device you can find, with medium bezels. As regards its weight, it is pretty light, just 168g.

25EU4lBh.jpg
pFQ4oeFh.jpg

DwvYWQxh.jpg
4MbdAGPh.jpg

On the front side there is the usual 2.5D Curved Display and the upper front side of the device features a Front-Facing Camera, an Earpiece, and the Sensors hole that includes Light, Proximity and Gesture Sensors. No Notification LED is here.

QjmZeXch.jpg

wpARKHTh.jpg

On the lower front side there is the Touch Keys area, with Menu and Back touch buttons, together with the Fingerprint Scanner that can be physically pressed working as an Home Button.

ssIel1wh.jpg

On the back side there is the unibody chassis.

IPmkWl2h.jpg

The upper rear side of the device features the Dual-Camera Sensors supported by Dual-LED (no Dual-Tone) Flashlight.

fWBd7mnh.jpg

On the lower rear side there are just some Certifications Logos because the Speaker is placed near the Micro-USB port.

W9Nb5Cnh.jpg

Device

Screen

The screen, just like all SHARP ones, is slighly warmer compared to others. Its color reproduction is just fine, but the refresh rate is completely messed up. (50hz instead of 60hz = software bug, an OTA update can fix)

MsExXZsh.jpg

Light Sensor supports smooth light changes, this is its maximum brightness.

NK38g6Bh.png

Viewing Angles are as good as you would expect from an IPS screen.

g5nFByRh.jpg
BxId1U5h.jpg

Camera

As already said for another Dual-Camera review, i am not a professional photographer so my photos might look a bit messy, i do not know how to handle this Dual Camera system properly.

Using the Standard Photo Mode, the camera is able to take some nice shots, even though the noise level is higher than average. Unfortunately also other devices i have reviewed with the same camera sensor had the same issue so i don't think this is something fixable.

"HDR off" on the left and "HDR on" on the right.

fUUNJPsh.jpg
6euZFiBh.jpg

K1cYmNVh.jpg
2zjSWAlh.jpg

DSR6mW7h.jpg
nf4zMHDh.jpg

Here you can see some photos taken using the SLR feature, "Standard" on the left and "SLR" on the right.

5FBAf35h.jpg
NdlBKbdh.jpg

fzCknb2h.jpg
fAxkgs2h.jpg

Flashlight is powerful enough, nothing to complain about it.

dXogOy3h.jpg

As regards Video Recording, the camera is able to record 1080p Videos at 30FPS, and the quality is decent.

Unfortunately the Front Camera, even though the Sensor is great based on it technical specs (an Hynix 8MP), takes some noisy photos with a low amount of details. Software Issue? Maybe.

Luckily the Camera Software allows the user to enable a fake-flashlight feature that uses the screen as a light, it is working great in my opinion.

tWEf3J7h.jpg
cBmuGy3h.jpg

Audio

The Speaker on this device is just great, with a good amount of low-frequencies and high volume. It is possible that this is a BOX Speaker, well done DOOGEE!

As regards the Microphone, it works great in any case (in-call, VOIP, etc...), the earpiece isn't the best though, a bit muffled.

GPS

Considering that this device doesn't have any Metal Chassis, i would have expected a better GPS reception. It is stable, able to get some satellites indoors, but the signal is not the best.

Indoors on the left, outdoors on the right.

kwvjbUnh.png
V1gdDm6h.png

Telephony, Mobile Network & WiFi

Thanks to the 4G Band 20 support (some other Chinese Smartphones don’t have it), I’m almost always and everywhere connected to the 4G Network of my Mobile Network Provider (TIM Italy).

4G Network Speed is sufficient, it highly depends on your Mobile Operator and mine isn’t pretty good.

ODQwAHBh.png

WiFi 5GHz is supported here, and its speed is average, Mediatek WiFi performance doesn't get any better.

OMsIE28h.png
xmr4pAlh.png

Battery Life

I have measured the real battery capacity using my USB Tester, and it seems that the real battery capacity is definitely lower than the declared one. (declared 3300mAh, real ~2990mAh).

PxLmWkVh.jpg

This is the PCMark Battery Test, somehow the battery runtime is low, definitely not acceptable for a 3300mAh battery. I assume this is a software issue, so i hope to see some improvements with an OTA Update.

lmlwv6Ch.png
A3olJUfh.png

mwCkyAWh.png

As regards battery charging times, the 5V/2A charger might seem powerful, but the device doesn't use more than 1.5A, so it takes more than 2 hours to charge.

Software

Luckily, just like most DOOGEE devices, this one uses a clean Android 6.0 OS with some minor customizations. It doesn't have Nougat yet, neither i know whether it is planned or not. It runs pretty smooth though, this MT6737T CPU seems to be the best compromise for low-cost devices.

axfqatwh.png
shcF8x2h.png

CFuPuXZh.png
yAciEw6h.png

MiraVision is here, together with other Mediatek Features such as Smart Gestures (double tap-to-wake, etc...)

nuZJMSuh.png
ASjr1SEh.png

OBbqeVRh.png

Finally, after many devices lacking one, a Magnetometer is here.

99AS5fqh.png

As regards the Fingerprint Scanner management, it is easy to configure just like most Android Devices, and it is pretty impressive.

As you may notice, the fingerprint settings menu is full of nice options, with the ability to use the fingerprint scanner as a back button.

pMGobgQh.png

Alberto96

Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2010
Modugno (BA)
Samsung Galaxy S4
LeEco Le 2
Review (part 2)

Benchmarks

I have used 3DMark, AndroBench, Antutu Benchmark, Epic Citadel, GeekBench 4, GFXBench, PCMark (Work 2.0, Computer Vision, Storage & Work 1.0) and Vellamo to stress the device to the limit. I won’t test Games or Video Playback because there are already some related tests included in these Benchmark suites.

3DMark – GPU Performance is interesting, compared to the MT6737M it is an huge improvement.

Jsa2ukbh.png
9yqzO51h.png

eADmbU9h.png
xPFzOxAh.png

AndroBench – Mediocre eMMC Performance, Write Speed is lower than average.

JOgKGD0h.png

Antutu Benchmark – I won’t say a lot about this benchmark, this isn’t as reliable as others. I’m providing this just for benchmarks lovers.

IuKCsQdh.png
yKnn1MIh.png

Epic Citadel – 3D Performance is a bit low, the Full HD screen isn't easy to handle.

lUpRKkqh.png

GeekBench – CPU Performance is nearly as good as other CPUs with the same configuration (8x Cortex-A53), i would have expected an higher single core score.

CPU

cFRU2yxh.png

b3Tzp4Yh.png
F6oTFdFh.png

Compute

4b3yKZbh.png
6tZ0CHZh.png

GFXBench – GPU Performance isn't superb as regards OpenGL 3 tests, but decent for OpenGL 2.

TrlX4Bfh.png
wZNNeNlh.png
9E9ajpvh.png

PCMark – Compared to the MT6737M, this is an huge upgrade.

Work 2.0

0bm0ul4h.png
RD3bVw9h.png

Computer Vision

6o0sLkXh.png
4IsB3rih.png

Storage

cAc7XZ7h.png
t2P5spUh.png

Work 1.0

OlLupdQh.png
ML2jhqoh.png

Vellamo – I might have expected some higher scores here, just sufficient.

sUI6S1xh.png
VA2pUjJh.png

Cxj6gh5h.png
4Y7cNAJh.png

Conclusions

DOOGEE always impressed me with the build quality and overall experience offered by their devices, and this one might not be one of them. The hardware is great for the price target, with some nice features, but the software needs to be polished and fixed here and there. Screen and Camera improvements are required.

Compared to another Dual-Camera device i have reviewed, i am not sure whether this works better or not, this Dual-Camera implementation on Mediatek devices is so weird that might offer different results every time.

So, do I recommend it? If you want to deal with the software bugs i mentioned before, yes, otherwise i would wait for a proper OTA Update from DOOGEE before considering to buy it.

Pros:

Great Fingerprint Scanner
Impressive Speaker Quality
Dual-Camera Design
Solid Chassis (even if made of Plastic)
Impressive Technical Specs (yes, only the specs)

Cons:

Screen Refresh Rate is completely messed up (software bug)
GPS Signal lower than average
No Notification LED
Lower Battery Capacity than declared
Camera Software needs to be fixed here and there

Rating: 8.0

Packaging and Accessories: 9
Design and Materials: 8.5
Performance and Heat Dissipation: 8
Screen: 8
Camera: 7.5
Sound: 8.5
Battery Life: 6.5
Software: 7
OEM Support: 8
Price: 9

You can find full-res images (I know, Quality isn't excellent) here: https://imgur.com/a/Tv2Ex

Official Website: http://www.doogee.cc/detail/Shoot-series/73

You can buy it on many online shops. Official, and authorized, Retailers are listed in the DOOGEE website.

Reactions: jmam

jmam

Nov 16, 2006
New OTA dated 22/02/2017 continues with the system virus and the damn com.horizons.syne_1008.apk installed automatically...

Reactions: SkarmoutsosV

jmam

Nov 16, 2006
Hi, Alberto:

Are you sure? In my case virus is still here. Checked with Bitdefender. What you mean with "full wipe"? Maybe a factory reset?

Thanks for your support!

jmam

Nov 16, 2006
Sorry for being so dumb, but i want to be sure (it's tedious to set up everything again on the phone)..

Then update with the OTA (just done) and then go to a factory reset?
What kind of reset? The one on the settings menu or by power & vol + 3 seconds ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

DOOGEE Shoot 1

1.jpg

Specs:

Dimensions: 156.6 * 77.0 * 8.7 mm
    Weight:
    Chassis: Metal
    SoC: MediaTek MT6737T
    CPU: ARM Cortex-A53, 4x1453 MHz + 4x1000 Mhz, Cores: 4 + 4
    GPU: ARM Mali-T860 MP2 650MHz, Cores: 2
    Network: 4G Cat.6 (300MBps) with VoLTE Support
    RAM: 2 GB
    Storage: 16 GB
    Memory cards: microSD, microSDHC, microSDXC
    Display: 5.5 in, Sharp IPS, 1080 x 1920 pixels, 24 bit
    Protection:
    Battery: 3300mAh, Li-Polymer
    Main Back Camera: 4160 x 3120 pixels (13MP), Samsung Sensor, Dual-LED Flash, PDAF
    Secondary Back Camera: 3264 x 2448 pixels (8MP)
    Front Camera: 3264 x 2448 pixels (8MP)
    SIM card: Dual SIM, Dual-Standby
    Wi-Fi:
    USB: 2.0, Micro-USB
    Bluetooth: 4.0
    Positioning: GPS
    Other Features: Fingerprint Scanner, Compass/Magnetometer, 5V/2A Fast Charge
    Colors: Galaxy Gray, Mocha Gold, Obsidian Black

spc_01.jpg

spc_02.jpg

spc_03.jpg

spc_04.jpg

spc_05.jpg

spc_06.jpg

spc_07.jpg

Leaked News:

DOOGEE Shoot 1 first unboxing and review

DOOGEE is on a roll with their mid-range phones, which includes a slew of high-quality yet affordable smartphones. Recently there comes a brand new series named Shoot series.

Unboxing Video

The Shoot 1 is one of the cheapest Dual Camera smartphone available on the market, and with latest discounts (available on many e-shops) it may be the cheapest.

BsxyBrkl.jpg

znEYImfl.jpg

D6GTzsml.jpg

Dual Camera, Dual-LED Flash

The most interesting aspect of this device is its rear-facing dual camera setup. The Shoot 1 comes with a 13MP primary shooter and 8MP secondary unit, with the latter being used purely to capture depth information that can be taken advantage of when using the camera’s wide aperture mode.

HCT9CCp.gif

The wide aperture mode lets you dial in the aperture, which allows for a very large bokeh (or SLR) effect. The bokeh effect does work quite well and looks very convincing. If you cover the lense before you start shooting, there will be an alert. It’s also a symbol of real dual camera.

r8r1WVOl.jpg

VHKjIxGl.jpg

Front Camera, 8MP with 88' wide-angle lens and beautify mode

With an 8MP front camera, it allows to achieve superior selfies even in low light. Set the camera to take a photo when you smile, or fingerprint shutter. Detects your face and applies custom beauty settings.

The beautify feature is something pretty common nowadays, and here it works even better thanks to the high-quality camera.

Advantages

+ Solid build quality
    + Dual-SIM support
    + MicroSD support
    + Dual cameras
    + Front facing fingerprint reader
    + Good price to performance ratio

Disadvantages

- No USB Type-C
    - Weak speaker

Disclaimer: this review hasn't been written by me personally. (coming soon)

Product Webpage: http://www.doogee.cc/detail/Shoot-series/73

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/doogee.cc
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/DOOGEE_official
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/doogee_official
    How can I root doogee shoot 1

I still have to create a Development & Support thread, please wait.

Also, if there is no Stock ROM available, it isn't possible to root it safely yet.

Yes, i will alert Doogee about this.
    After ota ubdate finger id doesn't work good as before. And the camera Whether front and back is soo bad in video call about any social app.

My fingerprint scanner is working just fine, but I agree with you about the camera.