Stable Pie ROM for Honor 6x

• Thread starter Deleted member 8892904
  • Start date
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 8892904

DISCLAIMER
This ROM is not my work. It belongs to Askucio Droid (Sorry if I got the spelling wrong) & Team Pixys OS. I am just posting on this section for our devices with detailed instruction.
WARNING
Your warranty is now void. I am not responsible if you brick your device. Please make sure you know what you're doing and don't proceed if you don't meet the requirements. However I will try to help all I can.

REQUIREMENTS
*Unlocked Bootloader
*You must be on Stock EMUI 8
*Honor 6x
*TWRP recovery
*Non-Rooted Device
*Patience
DOWNLOAD
OpenGapps: https://opengapps.org
(Download the nano package for arm64 & Android 9)
ROM: https://sourceforge.net/projects/pixys-os/files/pie/hi6250/

(Download latest zip.)

INSTALLATION
*Boot your device into TWRP recovery.
*Wipe->Format Data->YES->Advanced Wipe.
*Mark Dalvik/ART Cache, Cache, Data, Internal & System.
*Perform the wipes. Only wipe these mentioned and nothing else.
*Now go to install and select Pixys OS zip. Delay: 2-4 min.
*Wipe Cache and then install Gapps. Delay around 3-4 min. Again wipe Cache.
*Now goto Reboot-> Power Off/Shutdown.
*Now plug your USB cable into computer and other end into phone while holding Volume Down and boot into Bootloader.
*Flash Stock Recovery for your device.
*Power off by holding power button. Once phone restarts hold Volume Up to enter into erecovery and Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
*Wipe Cache and Reboot.
*Initial Configuration and Start.

Rooting
Boot your device into Bootloader and flash TWRP from Elemental ROM thread (Be sure to thank KingOfMezi). After that flash latest Magisk for root goodies.

If you face any problem feel free to ask. ROM is not mine. I simply make the guide to flash on Honor 6x. All credit goes to Askucio Droid and Pixys OS Team.

galapagos

Mar 11, 2013
After installing the ROM, you can easily get into bootloader by selecting bootloader during the reboot option in twrp. It's a bit easier than trying to get the buttons & timing right to get into bootloader to flash the stock recovery.

D

Deleted member 8892904

BLL-L22 ? You mean stock recovery? Are you on stock EMUI 8? India? If you have update.app u can easily extract it. But if you can't then I will do it for you once the download finishes.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 8892904

After installing the ROM, you can easily get into bootloader by selecting bootloader during the reboot option in twrp. It's a bit easier than trying to get the buttons & timing right to get into bootloader to flash the stock recovery.

I always find buttons easy. But yeah you can do that as well. I guess whatever suits you.

D

Deleted member 8892904

I'm using this rom since 3 weeks ago and is so smooth and daily driver.

PD: Would be nice if you reference the original post of @Askuccio_DROID on P8 Lite forum:

[ROM] [PIE 9.0.0_r10] [OFFICIAL] PixysOS for Huawei Hi6250

Thanks for sharing here

No idea how to do that but thanks for doing that. I can't even spell the name right LOL :silly:

jlan007

Sep 7, 2016
Xiaomi Mi 3
OnePlus 6T
BLL-L22 ? You mean stock recovery? Are you on stock EMUI 8? India? If you have update.app u can easily extract it. But if you can't then I will do it for you once the download finishes.

Oh man....I think I need to rebrand first for this then get the emui 8 im still running on emui 5...im from the Philippines..
so the stock recovery should be on the updater.app the ill just extract that file then I need to look for "recovery.img"?
is that how its done? :)

D

Deleted member 8892904

Well first you need to update to EMUI 8. You will probably have to download Indian or China version of EMUI 8 from Firmware Finder. I suggest China. Once downloaded just rebrand/update. Now in the update.zip you will find an update.app it is around 2-3 GB. Download Huawei Firmware Extractor and then extract Recovery_ramdis.img That's it. Now flash it normally.

Reading your post I conclude you are on EMUI 5 correct? What is your model number? It might help with the rebranding.

jlan007

Sep 7, 2016
Xiaomi Mi 3
OnePlus 6T
Well first you need to update to EMUI 8. You will probably have to download Indian or China version of EMUI 8 from Firmware Finder. I suggest China. Once downloaded just rebrand/update. Now in the update.zip you will find an update.app it is around 2-3 GB. Download Huawei Firmware Extractor and then extract Recovery_ramdis.img That's it. Now flash it normally.

Reading your post I conclude you are on EMUI 5 correct? What is your model number? It might help with the rebranding.

Sure her's my model I really need all the help I can so here
it is
model: BLL-L22C636B389
emui 5.0.1 (stock)
android : 7.0

I also about the normal way of flashing it you said about..the recovery. Is it via Odin, multi tool, or twrp?

sorry still have this question , still learning :eek:

D

Deleted member 8892904

it is
emui 5.0.1 (stock)

I also about the normal way of flashing it you said about..the recovery. Is it via Odin, multi tool, or twrp?

Sure. Just follow this guide and you will be up and running in no time.

https://xdaforums.com/honor-6x/how-to/guide-update-to-emui-8-t3807806

Also recovery is flashed through fastboot using either powershell or command prompt through your PC

Go-to the above link and download HWOTA and the three update files. Extract HWOTA to the C Drive of your PC. Rename them as suggested in thread. Now transfer the files to Download folder inside HWOTA 7 folder. Now boot your phone into Bootloader and connect to the PC. Now run update.bat it will flash TWRP recovery. Once it says waiting for device to boot into TWRP, disconnect the device and hold Power & Volume Up to boot into TWRP. Once in there reconnect to Computer and press enter twice.

Now select:

Update from-> using script-> change location-> BLN-AL20. It will flash OEM-Info and then ask for your bootloader unlock code and continue. Now wait patiently for it to finish. Once flashing is complete select to keep Bootloader unlocked.

Upon first boot you won't have network signal. Solution is in the linked thread but Don't ignore it and fix signal first then after that flash Pixys OS by following OP.

Now to extract Stock Recovery follow these:

Extract the main update.zip
Download Huawei Update Extractor from XDA. Search for it.
Launch Huawei Update Extractor and go to Settings and disable first option. Now press three dots to browse and navigate to extracted folder and select Update.app
Double click on Recovery_Ramdis.img and extract it to desktop. You will get animage file and another one. Delete the other one. Now flash image file as you would flash TWRP. If you need more help, Just ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Djiban

Sephiroth79

Jul 3, 2017
Hello,

I am using an Honor 6X model number BLN-L21 running Emui 5.0.1.

Phone has unlocked bootloader and is rooted.

Since is unlocked OTA updates are no longer working so I am stuck on 5.0.1.

If I understood correctly I have first to upgrade to Emui 8.0 stock fw and then pass to this custom rom.

Could you please write me a small recap/tutorial I can follow to jump my phone in Emui 8?

Thanks,

Andrea.

D

Deleted member 8892904

Hello,

I am using an Honor 6X model number BLN-L21 running Emui 5.0.1.

Phone has unlocked bootloader and is rooted.

Since is unlocked OTA updates are no longer working so I am stuck on 5.0.1.

If I understood correctly I have first to upgrade to Emui 8.0 stock fw and then pass to this custom rom.

Could you please write me a small recap/tutorial I can follow to jump my phone in Emui 8?

Thanks,

Andrea.

it is
emui 5.0.1 (stock)

Sure. Just follow this guide and you will be up and running in no time.

https://xdaforums.com/honor-6x/how-to/guide-update-to-emui-8-t3807806

Also recovery is flashed through fastboot using either powershell or command prompt through your PC

Go-to the above link and download HWOTA and the three update files. Extract HWOTA to the C Drive of your PC. Rename them as suggested in thread. Now transfer the files to Download folder inside HWOTA 7 folder. Now boot your phone into Bootloader and connect to the PC. Now run update.bat it will flash TWRP recovery. Once it says waiting for device to boot into TWRP, disconnect the device and hold Power & Volume Up to boot into TWRP. Once in there reconnect to Computer and press enter twice.

Now select:

Update from-> using script-> change location-> BLN-AL20. It will flash OEM-Info and then ask for your bootloader unlock code and continue. Now wait patiently for it to finish. Once flashing is complete select to keep Bootloader unlocked.

Upon first boot you won't have network signal. Solution is in the linked thread but dont ignore it fix it first and after that flash Pixys OS by following OP.

Now to extract Stock Recovery follow these:

Extract the main update.zip
Download Huawei Update Extractor from XDA. Search for it.
Launch Huawei Update Extractor and go to Settings and disable first option. Now press three dots to browse and navigate to extracted folder and select Update.app
Double click on Recovery_Ramdis.img and extract it to desktop. You will get animage file and another one. Delete the other one. Now flash image file as you would flash TWRP. If you need more help, Just ask.

Follow along. You're both in the same boat.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 8892904
    DISCLAIMER
    This ROM is not my work. It belongs to Askucio Droid (Sorry if I got the spelling wrong) & Team Pixys OS. I am just posting on this section for our devices with detailed instruction.
    WARNING
    Your warranty is now void. I am not responsible if you brick your device. Please make sure you know what you're doing and don't proceed if you don't meet the requirements. However I will try to help all I can.

REQUIREMENTS
    *Unlocked Bootloader
    *You must be on Stock EMUI 8
    *Honor 6x
    *TWRP recovery
    *Non-Rooted Device
    *Patience
    DOWNLOAD
    OpenGapps: https://opengapps.org
    (Download the nano package for arm64 & Android 9)
    ROM: https://sourceforge.net/projects/pixys-os/files/pie/hi6250/

(Download latest zip.)

INSTALLATION
    *Boot your device into TWRP recovery.
    *Wipe->Format Data->YES->Advanced Wipe.
    *Mark Dalvik/ART Cache, Cache, Data, Internal & System.
    *Perform the wipes. Only wipe these mentioned and nothing else.
    *Now go to install and select Pixys OS zip. Delay: 2-4 min.
    *Wipe Cache and then install Gapps. Delay around 3-4 min. Again wipe Cache.
    *Now goto Reboot-> Power Off/Shutdown.
    *Now plug your USB cable into computer and other end into phone while holding Volume Down and boot into Bootloader.
    *Flash Stock Recovery for your device.
    *Power off by holding power button. Once phone restarts hold Volume Up to enter into erecovery and Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
    *Wipe Cache and Reboot.
    *Initial Configuration and Start.

Rooting
    Boot your device into Bootloader and flash TWRP from Elemental ROM thread (Be sure to thank KingOfMezi). After that flash latest Magisk for root goodies.

If you face any problem feel free to ask. ROM is not mine. I simply make the guide to flash on Honor 6x. All credit goes to Askucio Droid and Pixys OS Team.
    D
    Deleted member 8892904

D
    Deleted member 8892904
    What about updates??

ROM is discontinued. So no more updates. Sorry. But you can flash any of the ROM zips in P8 Lite forums by following this guide. I'll update it soon.
    Great post!
    I still have to rebrand and update to emui8.
    Looks like a huge job.
    Hi, I know this is not being updated anymore but wanted to test the rom. When I try to flash it through twrp it always says "invalid zip file format", is it the zip itself is corrupted? Do I need yet another twrp? (the one I had was for oreo and was the one I always used, then I used the one made by KingOfMezi also for oreo, same error).

try below link, i flash it and flashing zip error gone ;););)
    https://xdaforums.com/9-lite/development/recovery-twrp-3-2-1-0-t3789306