[APP][2.3+] Sword Art Online Launcher

Search This thread

Xlythe

Feb 9, 2010
Waterloo
Sword Art Online launcher - an anime inspired menu system.

SAO Launcher is a menu that can be opened anywhere by swiping down from the top left corner. Get access to sms, contacts, apps, and more regardless of which app you're currently in. Ads can be disabled with a $4.99 In App Purchase inside Options, which also unlocks some additional features. v2.3.1 is for Android 2.3, which is no longer supported. v2.6.1 is for 4.0+.

The Sms Extension module lets you reply to sms inside the app and (optionally) receive popups when you get an sms. Just install it and SAO Launcher will do its thing.

The KitKat Theme changes the entire look and feel of the app, including the images and sounds. More themes and extensions can be found inside the Store in SAO Launcher.

You can watch a video of it in use here.

Pictures:

GVTIErdGS5Fz8x6G150TFKPkffjBVewHTfuyGu91VcWWtuK_q9qKwgIvVLlCMi14Anmk=h900
AY1RJT5wwij0q5-ghsREjFQfMAaRBED0v737z9botY2z3yi_EjOrNVd31kvFaPd1vYQ=h900

UIxVL5-HjNXoLhFuvccCpgivpvpU7ZoM7z4IFKZlKJGm5X-bCBOkyq6wOwHKItSa-A=h900

Attachments

• SAOLauncher_v2.6.1.apk
    3.8 MB · Views: 27,810
  • SAOLauncher_v2.3.1.apk
    2.4 MB · Views: 8,467
Last edited:

Marco Lomas

Feb 17, 2012

What to say, what to say... It's a menu that can be opened anywhere by swiping down from the top right/left corners. Get access to sms, contacts, apps, and more without going back to the home launcher. The 4.1 restriction is mostly because of the animations used. Ads can be disabled with a $1.99 In App Purchase inside Options.

Y3BtJSalQoO4iH82aBFvujmBhcge3I2oL8djERh8ejpdj4LX_IxC2XxWUwgGl95fJv0=h900

Awesome dudee!!! This is my dream come true :D please please dont stop developing this, :D

Also i have an issue, the icons shows only the half, not all the icon

Enviado desde mi XT890 usando Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

Xlythe

Feb 9, 2010
Waterloo
Awesome dudee!!! This is my dream come true :D please please dont stop developing this, :D

Also i have an issue, the icons shows only the half, not all the icon

Haha, thanks. Do you mind taking a picture of your issue? I don't get it on the (admittedly few) devices I've tested it with. I have an idea of what's going on, though.

Marco Lomas

Feb 17, 2012
This :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377111559759.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377111559759.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 8,673
Feb 8, 2013
Bratislava
This looks awesome
There are some bugs though
In the market version of the launcher, only half of the icons show but in the other apk you uploaded for testing, on the bottom where the ads are supposed to be there is an error "You must have INTERNET and ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE permissions in AndroidManifest.xml".

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-08-21-22-17-33.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-08-21-22-17-33.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 6,170
  • Screenshot_2013-08-21-22-21-40.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-08-21-22-21-40.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 6,152

Marco Lomas

Feb 17, 2012
Well with that version works :)
But i have a loot of fc :(

Xlythe

Feb 9, 2010
Waterloo
Well with that version works :)
But i have a loot of fc :(

It shouldn't fc :(

Can you reproduce it? ie: If I open this orb, it always crashes? Or it always crashes after 3sec?

If you run CyanogenMod (or a derivative) or if you have access to adb, I could immediately fix it with a stacktrace. CyanogenMod has an option in Developer Options to add "Power menu bug reports" and adb... I forget how to do it with adb, but it's 1 line command to save it to a txt file.

Uploaded a new apk - Internet permission error should be fixed and the app should stop appearing in Recent Apps (so you dont accidentally Force Stop it).

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2013
Bratislava
Doh. Different files for portrait/landscape... Fiiiixed...

The fading isn't correct in landscape view for Settings and Apps when on top or bottom of the list
Also does the Log out button have any purpose (Because it does nothing for me)? As far as I can remember in SAO the Log Out button disappears (In the first 15 episodes when they are stuck inside SAO). The Log Out button could close the SAO launcher (Not killing the launcher itself).

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-08-22-00-37-00.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-08-22-00-37-00.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 1,635
  • Screenshot_2013-08-22-00-40-04.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-08-22-00-40-04.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 1,602

Xlythe

Feb 9, 2010
Waterloo
Well, the fading is right in that you can scroll up/down towards the fade. It's a bit annoying with just one entry visible, though. I'll likely make the list expand to fit the entire screen, but it involves rewriting the arrows (which expect to be centered).

Update's been pushed that fixes the half-circles, fixes a crash in Options, removes the app from Recent Apps, and pre-caches some files so that it's not slow on launch (especially if you have a lot of apps and/or contacts).

Xlythe

Feb 9, 2010
Waterloo
wish someone can make this laucher available to 4.04 :(

I'm sorry. :( I wish it were possible too. I think the lines of code unavailable in 4.0.4 are "withStartAction" and "withEndAction" for animations. Basically, I can't tell the app to do something before or after an animation ends (like make the orbs visible before they start falling into place or close the app after they zoom off).

I might try back porting some of it, but it's painful having to write code twice to provide support for older devices (even though 4.0.4 isn't that old!)

eyesore123

Apr 29, 2013
Philippines
I'm sorry. :( I wish it were possible too. I think the lines of code unavailable in 4.0.4 are "withStartAction" and "withEndAction" for animations. Basically, I can't tell the app to do something before or after an animation ends (like make the orbs visible before they start falling into place or close the app after they zoom off).

I might try back porting some of it, but it's painful having to write code twice to provide support for older devices (even though 4.0.4 isn't that old!)

thanks by the way :)

ohraii

Jul 10, 2011
Las Vegas/Seattle
Have been playing around with this for a bit and so far it's working superbly. Thanks, dev. :D ???

Only thing stopping me from fully switching from Glovebox to this is I'd like to be able to customize the icons in the applications list/not have them. I'll just have to have both on my phone then!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

Last edited:

Hikari

Mar 3, 2012
Sarajevo
dev, you should have built this app half a year ago. Now that I don't have an android phone anymore... Though, it looks awesome. Great job.

b1ue

Jan 24, 2012
Carolina
Really cool app. Any plans on adding widget support?

Also, a direct shortcut to settings would be nice under the options tab. Persistent notification options would be good too. Great work!

Subscribed:)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SAO Launcher is a menu that can be opened anywhere by swiping down from the top left corner. Get access to sms, contacts, apps, and more regardless of which app you're currently in. Ads can be disabled with a $4.99 In App Purchase inside Options, which also unlocks some additional features. v2.3.1 is for Android 2.3, which is no longer supported. v2.6.1 is for 4.0+.

The Sms Extension module lets you reply to sms inside the app and (optionally) receive popups when you get an sms. Just install it and SAO Launcher will do its thing.

The KitKat Theme changes the entire look and feel of the app, including the images and sounds. More themes and extensions can be found inside the Store in SAO Launcher.

Pictures:

UIxVL5-HjNXoLhFuvccCpgivpvpU7ZoM7z4IFKZlKJGm5X-bCBOkyq6wOwHKItSa-A=h900

New version pushed to the market! v1.1 is released! (Will take a while to be processed, but its out of my hands now)

Also, an XDA-exclusive promo version has been added to the OP. No ads until Oct 1! Thanks XDA for the support!
    Well, this update's huge (If I do say so myself). Themeing and extensions both have public apis now. You can read about themes here and extensions here. You don't really need to know anything at all to make a theme. Extensions are a bit harder (but still easy compared to making an app).

Themes are still limited atm (You can only theme the orbs right now) but that'll quickly change in the next day or so as we work on making an official theme. The idea is to have all images/colors in the app themeable.

To use a theme, you install the apk and then go into Options to apply it. It'll apply immediately. Otherwise, the apk is perfectly normal. It can be put on the market for free or as a paid app.

Extensions are trickier, but way cooler. You basically create your own orb. Extensions don't have to be activated, they'll simply show up if they're installed. You could write your own FaceBook client or create a mini version of your own app. Like themes, they're perfectly normal apks. You can put on the market for free or as a paid app.

Anyway, on to the show! Attached is an example theme & extension. The theme changes the orbs from grey/orange to grey/black. The extension... shows a heart. It's rather useless (but shows code from one app executing in another!). Hopefully I'm not the only one who thinks this is cool...
    wish someone can make this laucher available to 4.04 :(

Alrighty! I got some work done. BETAs are attached.

The app now comes in 2 parts. SAO Launcher, the swipe-anywhere launcher and SAO Launcher SMS Extension, a GPLv3 extension that provides extra SMS functionality if installed (but isn't needed!).

Benefits of having the extension installed:
    -Send SMS from inside the app
    -Popups when receiving an SMS, letting you reply immediately (this feature is optional)

Without the extension, it tries to launch an SMS app (Like Messaging, Google Voice, etc)

Other bugfixes:
    -Popups would let text forever go right. Now the text drops to the next line.
    -Contact and App cache is refreshed
    -Sound shouldnt cut off anymore
    -Ads should jump to the top/bottom of the screen and get out of the way

Todo:
    -Move orbs into the overlay (They're currently an app with a semi-transparent background, but Android is lagging when launching it)
    -An API for orbs? Would that be interesting? I don't know what this would imply, honestly.
    -More customization for orbs and swipes
    -Widgets, shortcuts