Coming to USA?

Search This thread

T-Keith

Sep 9, 2010
Thus tablet looks very promising, but there isn't a lot of info out there on it. I currently have a nexus 7, but am looking at getting a 10". When is the z2 coming to the US and at what price? Am I the only one exited about this?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

tullnd

Aug 12, 2010
Thus tablet looks very promising, but there isn't a lot of info out there on it. I currently have a nexus 7, but am looking at getting a 10". When is the z2 coming to the US and at what price? Am I the only one exited about this?

Not entirely sure if it'll come with a carrier. But the wifi version will probably be available just like the Tablet Z was. Both in Sony Stores and in resellers like Amazon, Best Buy, etc...

Best guess is it'll run $499 for a wifi 16Gb just like the Tablet Z did, and $599 for a 32Gb model. Mobile connectivity versions a bit higher, depending on if you buy them straight up or on a contract.

Last I heard indicated either late April or early May for release in the US. Probably May is more likely I bet.

Reactions: tel033

spridell

Aug 17, 2010
The cellular model looks like Sony made one model with every band in it.

So you could import and will work on Att and T-mobile.

It even has 1700/2100 band for t-mobile HSPA

The cellular model looks like Sony made one model with every band in it.

So you could import and will work on Att and T-mobile.

It even has 1700/2100 band for t-mobile HSPA

Was thinking about buying one from eBay... Tropical mobile has them for 605...us dollars... What do you all think.

MB865/ST-ATT/4.4.2/BMM
ZLP- SM-N900W8/Att-ST/OxO/CWM/ViSiOn NC2_4.4.2,Snapkat 2.6
SMP600- ? brand new

spridell

Aug 17, 2010
Was thinking about buying one from eBay... Tropical mobile has them for 605...us dollars... What do you all think.

MB865/ST-ATT/4.4.2/BMM
SMP600- ? brand new

I ordered the LTE version from Tropical Mobile on Ebay.

Its shipped out and being delivered to my house tomorrow. I am planning on using it with T-mobile.

I will let u know how it is.

I ordered the LTE version from Tropical Mobile on Ebay.

Its shipped out and being delivered to my house tomorrow. I am planning on using it with T-mobile.

I will let u know how it is.

Excellent... I'm excited.... Y'all lemme know how it is cause I'm gonna order as well her eyes shortly..

MB865/ST-ATT/4.4.2/BMM
SMP600- ? brand new

zabih107

Aug 11, 2012
I ordered from tropical mobile too, 16gb WiFi. Will be here tomorrow :D

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

CAL7

Jun 1, 2010
I ordered from tropical mobile too, 16gb WiFi. Will be here tomorrow :D
Wow! I'm not here to bash, or promote, any particular retailer. I'm just a guy who wants to buy one of these and am frustrated that Sony isn't selling them here the U.S. (Similar story with the Z1C phone which I ended up buying from the U.K.)

But ... Did you really pay $1500 at Tropical Mobile (price I see on eBay) for a device which retails around the world for $5-600?

If so, my hat's off to you for being bold and decisive. I'm still waiting, hoping for a good option from the U.K. or from Sony USA. The price from the U.K., when available, is forecast at about $590 with support from Sony UK and a two year warranty. There are apparently reputable U.S. eBay sellers offering no-support Europe versions for $510. The latter are promised to already be through customs and ready to ship; what I read at Tropical Mobile is ambiguous about where they actually are and if there might still be customs issues.

spridell

Aug 17, 2010
Wow! I'm not here to bash, or promote, any particular retailer. I'm just a guy who wants to buy one of these and am frustrated that Sony isn't selling them here the U.S. (Similar story with the Z1C phone which I ended up buying from the U.K.)

But ... Did you really pay $1500 at Tropical Mobile (price I see on eBay) for a device which retails around the world for $5-600?

If so, my hat's off to you for being bold and decisive. I'm still waiting, hoping for a good option from the U.K. or from Sony USA. The price from the U.K., when available, is forecast at about $590 with support from Sony UK and a two year warranty. There are apparently reputable U.S. eBay sellers offering no-support Europe versions for $510. The latter are promised to already be through customs and ready to ship; what I read at Tropical Mobile is ambiguous about where they actually are and if there might still be customs issues.

I got the WIFI+LTE version from Tropical on Ebay.

I purchased about 10 days ago and the price for the wifi+lte version was $690

I see he just recently raised the price to over $1,000

Mine came from Singapore. Left Singapore and was at JFK and cleared customs the next day. No problems at all

zabih107

Aug 11, 2012
Mine left Singapore too. I paid $560. It wasn't $1000 or so like u said at that time. So no need to rage just simple ask...

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

CAL7

Jun 1, 2010
Thanks for both answers. That all seems much more reasonable. The big question I struggle with on any of these imports is warranty. Sony typically warrants their products for two years (sometimes with an offer of a 3rd year for an extra penny). I may never need it, but I hate to give it up. Did you get any kind of warranty?

Thanks for both answers. That all seems much more reasonable. The big question I struggle with on any of these imports is warranty. Sony typically warrants their products for two years (sometimes with an offer of a 3rd year for an extra penny). I may never need it, but I hate to give it up. Did you get any kind of warranty?

I would like to know this too as I'm gonna get one too

MB865/ST-ATT/4.4.2/BMM
ZLP- SM-N900W8/Att-ST/OxO/CWM/ViSiOn NC2_4.4.2,Snapkat 3.1

zabih107

Aug 11, 2012
When I was buying from tropical mobile on eBay, the description said 1 year manufacturer warranty. So I guess it doesn't matter where you bought it, Sony has the tab serial,identity, they would automatically cover you with 1 year warranty. Idk. That's my guess...

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

tullnd

Aug 12, 2010
When I was buying from tropical mobile on eBay, the description said 1 year manufacturer warranty. So I guess it doesn't matter where you bought it, Sony has the tab serial,identity, they would automatically cover you with 1 year warranty. Idk. That's my guess...

Sent from my SGP511 using Tapatalk

I wouldn't assume that means anything. They may or may not be an authorized reseller, but if you take the device to Sony's repair facilities in another country, they may not cover it.

Sony USA for example has their own repair network. Their repair centers may not even have access to software or hardware for devices that aren't officially sold in the US market.

I'm not saying that the warranty is void, but unless you confirm it's valid with Sony and will be covered in your home country, I would not assume. I've got a lot of friends in the Philippines and they deal with that stuff all the time with items they have friends ship to them from the states. To the point where sometimes they ship items back to us for us to send in for repair, since the item is only covered under warranty in the US since that's where it was purchased. Similar circumstances may prove out for these.

That said, the prices are surprising. The SGP311 sold for $499 here in the states and I'd assumed the new Z2 Tablet 16GB wifi counterpart would sell for similar. I can buy that SGP511 model for $520-550 on Ebay. Even the LTE model is readily available in 16GB for $629. The cheapest I saw the TMobile complaint LTE Tablet Z was for about $650 in the states, without a subsidy.

I'm half tempted to buy a white 16GB LTE SGP521 just because I'm almost afraid prices will go up when the US model is available.

CAL7

Jun 1, 2010
I may be overly pessimistic and completely wrong, but I both assume and expect that if I self-import an offshore Sony product that Sony USA week disavow any responsibility for it. Best case is that I would have to send it back to the country of export.

I may be overly pessimistic and completely wrong, but I both assume and expect that if I self-import an offshore Sony product that Sony USA week disavow any responsibility for it. Best case is that I would have to send it back to the country of export.

I am going to get a 3rd party warranty... EBay and Amazon have them... The 32 gig Wi-Fi is 612 on Amazon right now

MB865/ST-ATT/4.4.2/BMM
ZLP- SM-N900W8/Att-ST/OxO/CWM/ViSiOn NC2_4.4.2,Snapkat 3.1

CAL7

Jun 1, 2010
I am going to get a 3rd party warranty... EBay and Amazon have them... The 32 gig Wi-Fi is 612 on Amazon right now
I'm considering that option. You get 2 years of broader consumer protection against various maladies for $100-130. But, I still hate to give away that free manufacturer's warranty :(

spridell

Aug 17, 2010
I'm half tempted to buy a white 16GB LTE SGP521 just because I'm almost afraid prices will go up when the US model is available.

I got the White SGP521 model and I love it.

Really sleek looking and performance is awesome.

Using in on T-Mobile and I am getting LTE speeds in the 35mbps range in NYC.

Reactions: amynjimmy

bacon612

Jan 9, 2012
Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet
OnePlus 8 Pro
I ordered this last week from eBay seller never-msrp. Black 16 gig WiFi model. It seems like its a euro model as its USB charger is euro prong. Price was fair. I wanted this bad. Think seller has more.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1397836160300.jpg
    1397836160300.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 57

CAL7

Jun 1, 2010
I ordered this last week from eBay seller never-msrp. Black 16 gig WiFi model. It seems like its a euro model as its USB charger is euro prong. Price was fair. I wanted this bad.
I was millimeters away from ordering the same model from the same seller - and may still. They were responsive to my inquiries and seemed like they would be reliable. They honestly answered my warranty question, which (to my shame) scared me away, or at least caused me pause. I'm not sure from your post... have you received it? Since they offered two-day delivery, I guessed they had the product in the U.S.A. already, which made me more comfortable about it not having to get through customs. How long did it take to arrive? It's supposed to have a U.S. plug; is it a satisfactory charger? Anyway, congratulations.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Not entirely sure if it'll come with a carrier. But the wifi version will probably be available just like the Tablet Z was. Both in Sony Stores and in resellers like Amazon, Best Buy, etc...

Best guess is it'll run $499 for a wifi 16Gb just like the Tablet Z did, and $599 for a 32Gb model. Mobile connectivity versions a bit higher, depending on if you buy them straight up or on a contract.

Last I heard indicated either late April or early May for release in the US. Probably May is more likely I bet.

I got the White SGP521 model and I love it.

Really sleek looking and performance is awesome.

Using in on T-Mobile and I am getting LTE speeds in the 35mbps range in NYC.
    You can always do what I'm planning on doing and getting a third party warrantee from square trade. Also covers accidental damage.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
    Pre-Ordered from Sony USA for $499.99 plus sales tax including overnight shipping. Due to arrive May 6. Only comes with 1 year warranty.