Sony xperia Z1 left earplug dead

Search This thread

RyNkA

Jul 17, 2011
HCMC
Like title, anyone having similar situation like that ??? 3 normal headset has been tested, basically the phone has something to do with that. Did factory reset and all stuff, nothing works.

There were lots of people suffering that with the same pattern as mine with just left earplug
http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperi...ug-wont-play-music/td-p/402779/highlight/true

Last option is to send the phone toward service, i really want to avoid that since i won't be in Australia for a while.

JuicyBrah

Jul 9, 2012
Like title, anyone having similar situation like that ??? 3 normal headset has been tested, basically the phone has something to do with that. Did factory reset and all stuff, nothing works.

There were lots of people suffering that with the same pattern as mine with just left earplug
http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperi...ug-wont-play-music/td-p/402779/highlight/true

Last option is to send the phone toward service, i really want to avoid that since i won't be in Australia for a while.

I had this happen to me.
I tried with two different headsets.

Turns out both headsets were broken and the phone was fine.
Maybe that's the case for you too.

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
Did you try a bluetooth handset? Anyway I know you are in complicated situation but in this case the best thing is send it back to repair via warranty.

negrobembon

Jul 17, 2011
panamá

Is not the phone, is the headset, trust me

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

bramgg

May 12, 2009
Is not the phone, is the headset, trust me

I wouldn't be that sure.. I had the same problem, left audio channel didn't work in headphones. I tried 3 different headsets. That problem was in the phone. I've sent it to a repair centre and they replaced my while unit because they couldn't fix the issue. So I would send it in for repair with this problem. I know I did and got a replacement phone.

negrobembon

Jul 17, 2011
panamá
I wouldn't be that sure.. I had the same problem, left audio channel didn't work in headphones. I tried 3 different headsets. That problem was in the phone. I've sent it to a repair centre and they replaced my while unit because they couldn't fix the issue. So I would send it in for repair with this problem. I know I did and got a replacement phone.

Could be, though i had this issue before with different devices and its always the headset

Of course i guess you can't discard the phone as a culprit

Maybe you should find a way to verify it for free before sending it in for repairs

rvzek_89

Jan 31, 2011
Same case, it was dirt

Hi guys, don't send it back to repair, I had the same problem but i stuck in a needle to clean the plug and a lot of dirt came out, tried again the earplugs and they were working fin in both sides!:good::good:

Reactions: jimalmac

ripbrucelee

May 9, 2011
Watch out with sticking a needle in the headphone jack! There's some special coating in it to make it waterproof! I guess that a needle can make destroy this coating!

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

jimalmac

Aug 6, 2011
nottingham
The last post was 19th January, your advice might be a tad late....

Not entirely too late, at least it helped me.

Been trying to find a solution for this same problem and was beginning to think a repair was needed.
Just to confirm...with a needle, after clearing out a clump of fluff sound now plays through both earphones of the 5 different headsets that wouldn't work before.

For anyone else trying to fix this problem either now or in the future, its at least worth a try.

Thanks rvzek

Vengeance66

Dec 7, 2012
Tetovo
rainbowenter.com
I've noticed that my left earplug have lower volume than the right one. Did someone had this problem?

I cannot remember what caused this, but it's only on the Sony headset and not other. Others are working fine.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Same case, it was dirt

Hi guys, don't send it back to repair, I had the same problem but i stuck in a needle to clean the plug and a lot of dirt came out, tried again the earplugs and they were working fin in both sides!:good::good:

The last post was 19th January, your advice might be a tad late....