[ROM] [MIUI8] [D85x, f400] [6.0.1] [2016-12-20]

Search This thread

patate331

Feb 24, 2013
Montreal
8-new-features-of-miui-8-001.jpg

About MIUI
MIUI (which stands for Mi User Interface and pronounced "Me You I", a play on the common abbreviation of the words user interface as UI), developed by Xiaomi, is a stock and aftermarket firmware for smartphones and tablet computers based on the Google Android operating system. MIUI includes various features such as theming support.
Xiaomi has released various smartphones, all of which come pre-installed with a complete version of MIUI. This includes various apps and features not available in the aftermarket version of MIUI.
Other than supporting their in-house smartphones and tablets, Xiaomi also offers MIUI to be flashed on other smartphone brands such as Samsung, Sony, HTC, LG, One Plus and Nexus.
On February 24, 2016, Xiaomi said that the MIUI ROM had over 170 million users worldwide, and was supported on over 340 handsets.

Standard Disclaimer
I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, explosion, or ... Please do some research before complaining...

Installation
? Get into recovery
? Full wipe
? Flash the rom
? Reboot
? Important: Choose english during setup. If you don't cloud force stop.
? Install google app installer
- Read instructions

Download:

MEGA (gapps included) : V3 ROM

Gapps:
Instructions: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=69399500&postcount=11

Mods:
Add stock setting in setting menu (live display, etc.)
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=69459862&postcount=137

Bug?
Xiaomi Cloud has stopped during first phone configuration, how can I solve this?
Go back and chose english as language. When it's done, go back in setting and change language

I get no sim card and no imel error on my Ls990!?!
I checked but I can't find any solution... Can you?

My screen is yellow ish!? Why?
This is cause by live display functionality. If you don't like it, read Mods section!

Credits
Thanks to Rogue and N&N Team

Version Information
Based On: CyanogenMod
ROM OS Version: 6.0.1 Marshmallow

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-10-31-19-15-59-533_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2016-10-31-19-15-59-533_com.android.settings.png
    185.1 KB · Views: 43,458
  • Screenshot_2016-10-31-19-16-09-827_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-10-31-19-16-09-827_com.miui.home.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 43,365
  • Screenshot_2016-10-31-19-18-11-165_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-10-31-19-18-11-165_com.miui.home.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 42,929
Last edited:

cybershock

May 17, 2012
Flashed without gapps to see and it booted successfully. Then I booted into recovery and flashed opengapps mini, it booted again and started to give play services stopped error.

Anyway, it's cm based, I'll try this with custom kernel.

Edit: I wanted to see if it included the gapps by default, as the file size is big enough to do so. Now I see that it's cm based, we should complete the instructions.

Last edited:

patate331

Feb 24, 2013
Montreal
Flashed without gapps to see and it booted successfully. Then I booted into recovery and flashed opengapps mini, it booted again and started to give play services stopped error.

Okayyyyy, so I tried and it seem that we can't install Gapps, we need to install Google app installer from here
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1FkboINsOwbRTE4aWtqNXhIUU0?usp=sharing

****Connect to WiFi
After installing all services go to Security app and give auto start permission to all Google Apps. Next, go to permission and give proper permission to each app.
Now reboot your device and enjoy. If you have face error in Google Play store just go to Setting->Apps. Then clear cache/data and reboot again.

Working fine here. Smooth and fast for now!

Last edited:

Skorvy

May 6, 2011
@patate331

This ROM is rocking, just followed tutorial you wroted, and man, this is reaaaal MIUI 8 experience.
No serious FCs at all!
Thanks 4 sharing

tetrahedonism

Sep 23, 2011
I have D852 and everything working fine. I think some language have some force close but english one working perfecly. French have force close during initial configuration

I'm on English (Canada) and I've had no problems whatsoever so far. The only thing I can't seem to find is the f.lux style red tinting for the screen, I'd like to turn it off.

Thanks for the ROM too, or at least letting us know about it! ;D

5k0tt

Oct 27, 2014
Turin
Oppo Reno 2
I'm experiencing fc of mi cloud during first boot tutorial so it doesn't allow me to go on... Anyone the same? How to skip?

Inviato dal mio LG-D855 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: NeroNx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    8-new-features-of-miui-8-001.jpg

About MIUI
    MIUI (which stands for Mi User Interface and pronounced "Me You I", a play on the common abbreviation of the words user interface as UI), developed by Xiaomi, is a stock and aftermarket firmware for smartphones and tablet computers based on the Google Android operating system. MIUI includes various features such as theming support.
    Xiaomi has released various smartphones, all of which come pre-installed with a complete version of MIUI. This includes various apps and features not available in the aftermarket version of MIUI.
    Other than supporting their in-house smartphones and tablets, Xiaomi also offers MIUI to be flashed on other smartphone brands such as Samsung, Sony, HTC, LG, One Plus and Nexus.
    On February 24, 2016, Xiaomi said that the MIUI ROM had over 170 million users worldwide, and was supported on over 340 handsets.

Standard Disclaimer
    I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, explosion, or ... Please do some research before complaining...

Installation
    ? Get into recovery
    ? Full wipe
    ? Flash the rom
    ? Reboot
    ? Important: Choose english during setup. If you don't cloud force stop.
    ? Install google app installer
    - Read instructions

Download:

MEGA (gapps included) : V3 ROM

Gapps:
    Instructions: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=69399500&postcount=11

Mods:
    Add stock setting in setting menu (live display, etc.)
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=69459862&postcount=137

Bug?
    Xiaomi Cloud has stopped during first phone configuration, how can I solve this?
    Go back and chose english as language. When it's done, go back in setting and change language

I get no sim card and no imel error on my Ls990!?!
    I checked but I can't find any solution... Can you?

My screen is yellow ish!? Why?
    This is cause by live display functionality. If you don't like it, read Mods section!

Credits
    Thanks to Rogue and N&N Team

Version Information
    Based On: CyanogenMod
    ROM OS Version: 6.0.1 Marshmallow
    Hi guys. I'm working on a new version. I'm testing it right now and seems to work well! Keep in touch! :)
    Ok guys, I found fix for Bluetooth including some fix for minor issues!

V2 out on Google drive and Dropbox!
    Will be soon on MEGA
    Have fun!

EDIT: Same name, just updated the file

Okayyyyy, so I tried and it seem that we can't install Gapps, we need to install Google app installer from here
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1FkboINsOwbRTE4aWtqNXhIUU0?usp=sharing

****Connect to WiFi
    After installing all services go to Security app and give auto start permission to all Google Apps. Next, go to permission and give proper permission to each app.
    Now reboot your device and enjoy. If you have face error in Google Play store just go to Setting->Apps. Then clear cache/data and reboot again.

Working fine here. Smooth and fast for now!
    Specific character fix
    Root explorer > \system\etc\system_fonts.xml
    Screenshot_2.jpg

And
    Root explorer > \system\etc\fonts.xml
    Change font MIUI
    Weight 400 > Roboto-Regular.ttf
    Weight 700 > Roboto-Bold.ttf

Save and Restart