Unlocked US or wait for International unlocked?

Search This thread

masri1987

Jun 27, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
Google Pixel 7 Pro
So i found the snapdragon unlocked versions of the S20\S20+ on ebay via nevermsrp store

How likely is anyone to develop for these models?
The exynos sucks so bad i have to assume the unlocked snapdragon will get more attention than prior models?

masri1987

Jun 27, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
Google Pixel 7 Pro
the Hong kong and brazil model number is just SM-G9880. no N,W Or anything else. but they both would be 865s yep.

couldnt have been the 3XL cause i didnt get one, def been awhile though. Im not on as much as I used to be...too many snowflakes lol.

Corona virus has everything shut down here in Ontario, Canada. movies, restaurants, gyms (that one hits hard with me being a bodybuilder).

its crazy.
Same here in Hawaii.. everything is shuttered.
I did a outdoor workout today lol

So would you get the 20+ or.ultra?
I don't see any benefits from ultra

I don't feel like one plus will ever have a top tier camera setup so I don't feel like waiting

Paul_Deemer

Sep 21, 2017
Greenville, SC
If your in the US forget the International or you will regret it! The EXYNOS chipset on the s20s are battery Hogs with terrible battery life. They also run quite hot! Not sure why this is happening but there have been many complaints on the Samsung S20 Community Forum. So might want to look there first before you decide. I have the Unlocked U.S. 512gb version with Snapdragon chipset. Have been quite pleased with battery life. The other thing this time around is the Snapdragon is the more powerful chipset. It is just better in every way.

HottieLinus

Nov 16, 2010
very hard choice
- Snapdragon 865 is more power efficient and more powerful ( 10 % against exynos SOC)
but forget root
- Outside US 5G networks aver very very limited
- The exynos will receive more updates
- US version has only one card sim slot

Are you serious??? US is known for limited 5G coverage, in fact, 5G development in US is a joke comparing to other countries...

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

If your in the US forget the International or you will regret it! The EXYNOS chipset on the s20s are battery Hogs with terrible battery life. They also run quite hot! Not sure why this is happening but there have been many complaints on the Samsung S20 Community Forum. So might want to look there first before you decide. I have the Unlocked U.S. 512gb version with Snapdragon chipset. Have been quite pleased with battery life. The other thing this time around is the Snapdragon is the more powerful chipset. It is just better in every way.

Stop giving advices when you don't know ****. A lot of international versions use snapdragon...

chetly968

Jul 15, 2014
Paradise Valley
Are you serious??? US is known for limited 5G coverage, in fact, 5G development in US is a joke comparing to other countries...

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

Stop giving advices when you don't know ****. A lot of international versions use snapdragon...

lol, I have 5g everywhere I go......unfortunately it's Tmobile so it's like LTE++ instead of NR :rolleyes:

Reactions: jacklivehere

force70

I can't find the SM-G9888 snapdragon HK version for the life of me with decent price.... can you help?

its a damn pricey device, for me here in Canada almost $2400 tax in.

I have a local store here i buy from but with you in Hawaii (lucky you lol) doesnt help out much.

Ebay is an option or the Wonda site the other user listed (thank you sir).

masri1987

Jun 27, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
Google Pixel 7 Pro
its a damn pricey device, for me here in Canada almost $2400 tax in.

I have a local store here i buy from but with you in Hawaii (lucky you lol) doesnt help out much.

Ebay is an option or the Wonda site the other user listed (thank you sir).

I found the G9880 on ebay for 1299 and i have a 150$ bonus cash back on my cc so ill be paying essentially 1150$ for it.

force70

I've been talking to them and I have the archived listings and they are refusing a return claiming I didn't read the ad.
I'm certain there's a language barrier, I paid for them using my amex.
What's the right thing to do here
sneaky buggers, I would let them know that you have the archived listing and know that they changed the listing because it was false. and will file complaint with Ebay if they dont accept the return.

its false advertising in my eyes, you bought the device based on what their description said, not your fault it was wrong thats on the seller.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

Reactions: masri1987

masri1987

Jun 27, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
Google Pixel 7 Pro
sneaky buggers, I would let them know that you have the archived listing and know that they changed the listing because it was false. and will file complaint with Ebay if they dont accept the return.

its false advertising in my eyes, you bought the device based on what their description said, not your fault it was wrong thats on the seller.

Here's the item i purchased listing - https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=223918055600&view=all&tid=2373967985012

Here's the updated listing - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Ga...var=522710180367&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

He clearly removed bands 66\71 from the LTE portion after i brought it up to him, and kept insisting that i should've read the ad LOL

THanks guy i appreciate the feedback.

force70

Here's the item i purchased listing - https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&item=223918055600&view=all&tid=2373967985012

Here's the updated listing - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Ga...var=522710180367&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

He clearly removed bands 66\71 from the LTE portion after i brought it up to him, and kept insisting that i should've read the ad LOL

THanks guy i appreciate the feedback.
that seller is very well known on here as well, lots of guys have bought from him.

he is clearly wrong here.

hope it works out for you bro.

Sunnyschlecht

Aug 16, 2010
I've been talking to them and I have the archived listings and they are refusing a return claiming I didn't read the ad.
I'm certain there's a language barrier, I paid for them using my amex.
What's the right thing to do here

If you want your money back. Call Amex. They handle these cases very well. Send them all your documentation and explain your situation and you should be good to go. I had to file a claim for a flight with some sketchy airline website and they were wonderful and reimbursed me within 24 hours.

Reactions: force70

Top Liked Posts