[OFF-TOPIC] Official Off-Topic Thread

Search This thread

marek33100

Jun 6, 2012
Groningen
N7100 (nearly) bricked after flashing "stable" rom

I really appreciate the work done in this forum and already had some experience first with the HD2 and now
with N7100... anyway, after flashing JELLYBAM v.5.1 few days ago, my IMEI and thus network connection were gone.
I am aware that all flashing and stuff is own responsibilty but when a rom is anounced as being stable, I might expect
some bugs or stuff but not wiping of efs partition.
After all I spend the whole night getting it working again and cant await tomorrow to flash some custom roms again :laugh:

vdb86

Nov 12, 2012
I can't wait for jb 4.2 and widgets on lockscreen, I really want to edit lockscreen, and at this point there's not that much you can do with it.

Reactions: zacharysblubaugh

rashid.fairus

Dec 6, 2011
Klang
this is phone forum, so the topic is phone (about, dev, mod, features, etc.), but this thread say OFF-topic, so why dont we talk about anything other than phone-related topics, like "who are you?","why your name is John?", or what so ever..:)

psychEinside

Feb 4, 2012
both my pc and laptop display same interface of forum.xda-developers:
is it only me experiencing this one?
site.jpg

Attachments

• site.jpg
    site.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 61

WM_Rizzo

Apr 20, 2008
www.klapasinj.com
Do you have the carrier versions of the note 2?
If so thats the problem all the bloatware really does slow them down and it cause glitches and freezes....luckly the freezes are still a rarity

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

Plus they make samsung change system files so they can control and restrict that in turn has side effects

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app
Sorry for the late reply, I was sure I replied already o:eek:

Well, I'm experiencing a lot of glitches, only they are random. I can't go to the service center and reproduce them at will, but they are there, only you need to use the phone to notice them. It's really frustrating. It's a carrier version, only their bloatware is bare minimum, just a menu item with links to their services or something.

What should I do? My N2 is definitely not behaving normal :/

dalanik

Mar 25, 2009
Prague
Just bought this baby and wanted to tell everyone helo... I come from the Desire HD, this is my 2nd Samsung Device, can't wait to root even though it seems complex comparing to Galaxy Ace :)

Cheers,
D>

byklnr

Apr 26, 2011
help stock firmware galxy note2 n7100

hi i'm from mexico and really need and want a stock firmware to my galaxy note 2 n7100 someone can help me...

ePYK me.

Jul 3, 2012
Sydney
bit.ly
Hello everyone- Got this beast 3 days back and to tell ya all I loved it so far. I held my incS after using this for 2 days. OMG that was so small.
I might take a little time to root ,this is my first samsung.

Good to be a part of the note 2 forum!!

Scribbled from my note 2 using s-pen!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Official Off-Topic Thread

Hi to all from the moderation team. With a fast growing community there is a massive amount of general off topic chit chat going around in this forum. So we thought it best to give all a place to have a chat. This should hopefully take some pressure off the forums, so making it a better place for us all as there should be less junk to wade through trying to find what we need.

Now with that said, this does not mean there are no rules to this thread. All of XDA rules still apply. Flaming and the belittling of other users (of any title) will not be tolerated and dealt with harshly by the moderation team. This should be a fun place for us all to have a chat and a general vent of frustrations. Any moderation issues should still be handled by PM.

Let the fun begin!
    OK Guys, i hear you. The intention was not to only shut the Indian thread. It was shut because it was not titled as a Indian availability thread more a review/specs thread that i wanted to pull all together into one place. The OP is even written as such, so its very misleading. If its misleading to me then it most certainly is to a new user. So we have two options here, either open a new properly titled thread or the original one gets edited by the OP to make it a availability thread, which is fine.

Personally at this point i think a new one would be better, with the OP written with a current availability and a proper title. This would be much more helpful for all, as wading through all the previous old posts would be tiresome.

As i said, i am working to make this forum a nice place for all users, hence the pooling of information in the sticky threads. What i dont need is PMs that some of which can come across as very pushy. I do not respond to these sort of PMs. I am not saying i dont want to hear users suggestions, they are appreciated. Just try to do it in a polite informative manner, i am more than willing to negotiate. Not saying all the PMs were pushy, just a couple, so dont be offended.

So what are your thoughts, anybody up for starting a nice informative OP for a Indian availability thread?
    All those people trying to complete their 10 posts by posting useless comments should know that this is against XDA's rules. If a mod comes to know about this, he can reset your post count to 0, and can even ban you.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=28783847

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    Mod could have just changed the thread title if he wanted to. Locking the thread down was wrong.

Anyways, as there is a New similar thread now opened, alls well thats ends well.... :)

Its been settled, drop it! I have explained the reasons why it was closed. You just stirring more trouble up is not going to help your cause. My advice has not been taken and the OP of the new thread is still not up to the standard. Now i suggest you read before posting again!