[XPOSED] JellyToast - Jellybean Style Toast Notifications in KitKat

Search This thread

ryebread761

Aug 12, 2013
Important: for this module to work you need the Xposed Framework.

Screenshot:

vHHr7CM.jpg

Special thanks to MohammadAG, I used his mod as a reference to fix up mine.

Source Code.

Changelog:

1.0.1:
Smaller apk.

1.1:
- Fixed bug with black text appearing in some apps.
- Removed unnecessary log.

1.2:
-Fixed some toasts still showing KitKat.

KNOWN ISSUES:
-Not currently compatible with Enchanced Toast, which is closed source.

Attachments

• JellyToast.apk
    249.3 KB · Views: 1,567
Last edited:

dakunesu

Aug 15, 2011
thank you, someone finally fixed the one part that looks like a bug in the ROM. when I first used aosp of kk I thought the person compiled it wrong when I first saw it x.x

XlAfbk

Aug 11, 2010
Cm11m1, text is also dark and this invisible on the toast.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

GoreTan

Sep 7, 2011
Athens, GA
This mod isn't working for the app ES File Explorer when I delete a folder? The toast is still using the KitKat theme. Can anyone also check on this issue?

Thanks!

Synthic

Dec 9, 2013
I love this module as I am not a fan of the new KitKat toast notifications. After using it for a day or two I've found a bug however. Another poster already mentioned it briefly, but the text on the toast is sometimes the same color as the background as you can see in this screenshot.

imgur.com/E7aGiCV

I'm using a stock Nexus 7 2013. Like I said, it doesn't happen every time, but the apps it occurs in are always the same. One more thing, I feel like the normal text color for when it does work seems a little dark. I remember the text being pretty much pure white in Jelly Bean.

Good job on bringing the old toasts back and I hope you can iron these bugs out! :)

Last edited:

ryebread761

Aug 12, 2013
Ok, I think I've seen the issue you guys are talking about in reddit sync. Very odd. Will investigate later, hopefully I can fix it!

ryebread761

Aug 12, 2013
I love this module as I am not a fan of the new KitKat toast notifications. After using it for a day or two I've found a bug however. Another poster already mentioned it briefly, but the text on the toast is sometimes the same color as the background as you can see in this screenshot.

imgur.com/E7aGiCV

I'm using a stock Nexus 7 2013. Like I said, it doesn't happen every time, but the apps it occurs in are always the same. One more thing, I feel like the normal text color for when it does work seems a little dark. I remember the text being pretty much pure white in Jelly Bean.

Good job on bringing the old toasts back and I hope you can iron these bugs out! :)

Thanks for the feedback! This bug has been solved.

Reactions: littleromeo

natezire71

Mar 24, 2010
I think what should be done is keep the KK styling, but don't make it so big. Like, use the color and rounding from KK, but keep the area around the text at a minimum.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Important: for this module to work you need the Xposed Framework.

Screenshot:

vHHr7CM.jpg

Special thanks to MohammadAG, I used his mod as a reference to fix up mine.

Source Code.

Changelog:

1.0.1:
    Smaller apk.

1.1:
    - Fixed bug with black text appearing in some apps.
    - Removed unnecessary log.

1.2:
    -Fixed some toasts still showing KitKat.

KNOWN ISSUES:
    -Not currently compatible with Enchanced Toast, which is closed source.
    Hi. Can you please put before/after image? Thanks.

this is from 4.4

vYK4wwrl.png
    Thanks. The kk toast looks terrible

Sent from my One S using XDA Premium HD app

imgur.com/E7aGiCV

Thanks for the feedback! This bug has been solved.
    I love this module.. The KitKat toast is too large and disproportionate..
    I do have some issues though.. The toasts don't always appear in jelly style..
    Haven't paid attention to where they appear, but have noticed a few times to get bugged by it :p
    Any suggestions?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

An update was just pushed. Should fix it.