Anyone have a Froyo Archos with full Market Protected App access

Search This thread

snickle

Sep 6, 2009
After the market fix has been applied I see most apps (including some that I know are protected) but not all. From my experience on the DroidX, this is usually an issue with the build.prop not reporingt a valid ROM to google.

For example, I can search on my DX for "wii controller ime" and find the app. My Archos 101 does not. (I side loaded it.)

If someone has a build.prop for an Archos Gen 8, that will see that send it my way please.

Reactions: Tesla74

chrulri

Dec 7, 2010
ok, done:

I just took the fingerprint from a galaxy tab:
Code:
ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/GT-P1000/GT-P1000/GT-P1000:2.2/FROYO/XXJJ3:user/release-keys

- edited my build.prop using the root+rw package
- cleared the market cache and such

it's working

I can install apps like "Gun Bros" which I couldn't previously :D

Last edited:

Tesla74

Dec 18, 2010
This sounds cool! Is there a way a non rooted device can get this? Perhaps by some installation.apk

Thanks

chrulri

Dec 7, 2010
Definitly not possible without root. I don't know if it's even possible with temproot

Sent from my A101IT using Tapatalk

ExploreMN

Jun 23, 2007
Yeah, basically you need to fool the market into thinking you have a certified device. Not an easy task from what I understand. If you have a rooted Android phone you can download te app there, then use Titainium Backup to get the apk off the phone and side load it on you Archos. At least tha is what I do.

bthoven

Jun 28, 2008
Bangkok
ok, done:

I just took the fingerprint from a galaxy tab: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9787172&postcount=2

it's working

Hi chulri,

I follow your instruction above by modifying the fingerprint in /system/build.prop, then did the same market fix as instructed by the gappsinstall thread, reboot. I still can't find the gun bros app.

What else I have to do? (I had 2.1.4 rw root installed before doing this)

Now "My Apps" list is gone in the Google Market, can I get the list back?

Update: ok, it works now. I have to clear cache, clear data, force stop and then run the Market again. Now Gun Bros also shows up, and My Apps list also populate.

I still can't find Heywire app, anyone can see this app after this mod?

Last edited:

CarsnGadgets

Sep 1, 2010
Weymouth
Redmi Note 10 Pro
I have used archangel to root, then used marketenabler app from the market,
no other steps involved.

I seem to see all apps now (not 100% sure on that) but, definately see some protected apps that I couldnt see before and havent come across any on my HTC Desire that the Archos isnt seeing now.

bthoven

Jun 28, 2008
Bangkok
I have used archangel to root, then used marketenabler app from the market,
no other steps involved.

I seem to see all apps now (not 100% sure on that) but, definately see some protected apps that I couldnt see before and havent come across any on my HTC Desire that the Archos isnt seeing now.

I also use MarketEnabler, but I can't see, at least, Gun Bros. Once applied this build.prop mod, I can see Gun Bros.

LeoNg628

Dec 2, 2009
ok, done:

it's working

Hi chulri,

Can you provide a Guide of modify it?
Because I put my build.prop into /system to replace it, then force stop the Market and clean cache, then Reboot
the fingerprint will restore by itself????

I have no idea where I goes wrong...><

LeoNg628

Dec 2, 2009
Hi chulri,

Can you provide a Guide of modify it?
Because I put my build.prop into /system to replace it, then force stop the Market and clean cache, then Reboot
the fingerprint will restore by itself????

I have no idea where I goes wrong...><

[Solved]I think the Market Fix trick only work in old Market, it means you need to "Uninstall updates" after clean cache and force stop the Market.;)

daddymikey1975

Feb 6, 2010
Can someone please post up step by step how to edit the build.prop file ??

I've never done such a thing and I'm desperately trying to figure this out for a guide that I'm working on putting together..

I'm rooted (perma root) FWIW

Thanks a TON.

Tesla74

Dec 18, 2010
I use a file manager to copy the file to the sd and then connect to the computer via usb and edit with notepad++.. don't use windows notepad or wordpad as I've had problems with them. After the file is edited.. safely disconnect from the computer. Then I add .bak to the end of the original file and then copy the new edited file over to replace it.

I hope that helps. I believe there are also text editors in the market, but I like editing with a real keyboard.

Tesla

nashi20002003

Mar 7, 2010
Can someone please post up step by step how to edit the build.prop file ??

I've never done such a thing and I'm desperately trying to figure this out for a guide that I'm working on putting together..

I'm rooted (perma root) FWIW

Thanks a TON.

Here: I"ve used the RootExplorer method detailed in this forum:

http://androidforums.com/droid-x-all-things-root/154976-2-2-market-issues-use-mod.html

Also to all: There are two states possible with the Market. Fixed if you the clear cache hack, unfixed if you do not do it or if you undo it...(to undo just do the clear Cache path but add clear data....no need to stop googleservicesframework and no need to reboot...just restart Market app and accept legal terms). The difference fixed state gives more apps but will hide some others from you: you get google maps, zeam, ADW, ...but you loose Google Earth, Flash Player 10, TVU, .... Jus to name a few. So the key thing is to know how to quicly switch from one state to the other. use the clear cache hack to get into fixed state and use my undo rootine (clear data) to revert the fix.
Once you add the fix to build prop you pretty much have now 4 possible states:
Please see my post below for my tests on the 4 different states and some conclusions

http://forum.archosfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=48312

Here's how to very easily undo the fix if you need to...

..Once you've done the Market fix you do not need to reinstall Market to go back to state before applying the fix. Once you do the Market fix you will gain access to few more apps but many apps requiring froyo will no longer show up anymore: that's the case of apps like TVU, Flash 10, .... (there must be many more). I suspect the market fix makes the device and generic device but not a froyo one.
To go back an forth between the fix and the original state all you need is to do this;
go to Settings --- Applications --Manage Applications ---Running -- Market ---Clear Cache ----Clear Data --Force Stop--Relaunch Market ---Accept Terms and Conditions ---
Voila. and you're back to the original State where you can find flash 10 & other froyo only apps.
If you do the the fix...you loose flash ..but gaine other apps...the fix skip the Clear Data steps ...and the Clear Data step will undo the fix. THe fix requires reboot..To undo it you do not need to reboot and do not need to stop googleframework.

Last edited:

nashi20002003

Mar 7, 2010
I do this fix and after seach keyword "adnroid" i get about 143000 apps.

Is it ok?

Yes, that's fine...you good...fixed state, fixed buld.prop

but note you may still not see some apps with are available in unfixed state, fixed build.prop (like TVU, Google Earth, Adobe Connect, flash 10.01,..)

That's the con of fixed state...you gain some you loose some....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ok, done:

Code:
    ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/GT-P1000/GT-P1000/GT-P1000:2.2/FROYO/XXJJ3:user/release-keys

it's working

After the market fix has been applied I see most apps (including some that I know are protected) but not all. From my experience on the DroidX, this is usually an issue with the build.prop not reporingt a valid ROM to google.

For example, I can search on my DX for "wii controller ime" and find the app. My Archos 101 does not. (I side loaded it.)

If someone has a build.prop for an Archos Gen 8, that will see that send it my way please.
    I still can't find Heywire app, anyone can see this app after this mod?

I have attached the latest version.
    The comments are about the visibility of the apps. So the flash comment is about your ability to see and install flash.

Sent from my A70H using Tapatalk