[Q] HTC TP2 Hotspot won't Connect Android Tablet

Search This thread

eqlipze

Mar 30, 2010
New York
Hey Guys,

I just got a Motorola Xoom Tablet and it's not allowing me to use my mobile's hotspot to connect to the internet. I use my phone for everything. It even connects my laptop and all other devices.

My device is on WinMo 6.5 (HTC Tilt 2)

Can anyone help me solve this?

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
The issue is on your tablet. Android devices by default cannot connect to adhoc (non-infrastructure) networks.

I think with some supplicant hacks, your Xoom would be able to connect to an adhoc network.

eqlipze

Mar 30, 2010
New York
The only problem is that the Xoom I have is the Family Edition. The bootloader is unlockable and there is no way around it as of now.

However, the wifi hotspot provided by an Android phone connects to the tablet without a problem. I just tried it on a friend's phone and it worked like a charm.

Would there be a cab/app that can change the mode of the wifi output on my WM phone?

It would suck to upgrade my cell phone just to have this work..

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
The only problem is that the Xoom I have is the Family Edition. The bootloader is unlockable and there is no way around it as of now.

However, the wifi hotspot provided by an Android phone connects to the tablet without a problem. I just tried it on a friend's phone and it worked like a charm.

Would there be a cab/app that can change the mode of the wifi output on my WM phone?

Just use Android then.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1171052

AFAIK there's no way in WinMo to put up an infrastructure network. On Android all the third party wifi tethering solutions are adhoc as well, only the built-in wifi tethering app works as an infrastructure network.

Just be warned, the built-in wifi hotspot feature has a tendency to suck wind when you try to disable it. IIRC it works great up until that point.

Reactions: eqlipze

jurgy1

Sep 7, 2009
I'll try this now and see what happens..

Thanks..

Have you had any additional luck?
I am running a TP2 with NRG and I have same issue trying to connect
an EVO View to the TP2.

Before I go changing phones (I like the TP2 for most of my biz stuff), I thought
I would try to find out if maybe you got an easy solution??

Thanks

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Have you had any additional luck?
I am running a TP2 with NRG and I have same issue trying to connect
an EVO View to the TP2.

Before I go changing phones (I like the TP2 for most of my biz stuff), I thought
I would try to find out if maybe you got an easy solution??

Thanks

Just use Android as I suggested as well. It will allow you to put up a native infrastructure AP, which you should be able to connect to on your Evo View.

Or, you can fix the Evo View to access ad-hoc networks. Either way.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Just use Android then.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1171052

AFAIK there's no way in WinMo to put up an infrastructure network. On Android all the third party wifi tethering solutions are adhoc as well, only the built-in wifi tethering app works as an infrastructure network.

Just be warned, the built-in wifi hotspot feature has a tendency to suck wind when you try to disable it. IIRC it works great up until that point.