Tmobile T989UVLDE

Search This thread

djtheraven

Jun 1, 2008
Ive heard from an inside source kies update to ics on 6/12!!!

I doubt it...why would they update this if a week or two later they would give us ics...they fixed some problems cause we aren't getting the update anytime soon...they are having problems with ics on certain phones that's why it's taking so long...

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Rod3

Jun 12, 2009
Fort Worth, Texas
I doubt it...why would they update this if a week or two later they would give us ics...they fixed some problems cause we aren't getting the update anytime soon...they are having problems with ics on certain phones that's why it's taking so long...

No inside source is needed. Tmobile has tweeted that the update will be available via kies on 06/11.

Supposedly, the UVLDE update was an incremental update in preparation for ICS.

Reactions: xsteven77x

dex1701

Sep 29, 2007
The town of Chi
Ok, I uninstalled the Play Store with Titanium Backup and re-added it by copying an APK into system/apps and rebooting. All seems to be well now.

The phone definitely feels faster. The chipset driver update seems to have made things a little more responsive. The UVLDE baseband has also improved network latency compared to the Blaze 4G radio I was using before. I'll probably stick with this setup until the official ICS drops.

djtheraven

Jun 1, 2008
No inside source is needed. Tmobile has tweeted that the update will be available via kies on 06/11.

Supposedly, the UVLDE update was an incremental update in preparation for ICS.

I hope you're right...but in the last 2 months I've heard 10 release dates that never happened... so we will see

dex1701

Sep 29, 2007
The town of Chi
I hope you're right...but in the last 2 months I've heard 10 release dates that never happened... so we will see

It's from T-Mobile's official Twitter feed, so it's certainly a more reliable source than any other rumor we've heard thus far. It's not just another, "I know someone that works for T-Mobile, and they said...blah blah blah."

http://www.tmonews.com/2012/06/t-mobile-tweets-ice-cream-sandwich-update-for-galaxy-s-ii/

Last edited:

tdizzle404

Nov 27, 2010
North Georgia
Ok, I uninstalled the Play Store with Titanium Backup and re-added it by copying an APK into system/apps and rebooting. All seems to be well now.

The phone definitely feels faster. The chipset driver update seems to have made things a little more responsive. The UVLDE baseband has also improved network latency compared to the Blaze 4G radio I was using before. I'll probably stick with this setup until the official ICS drops.

chipset driver update? is this something we have to get through kies? The ics roms don't have it?

blackangst

Jun 25, 2008
Phoenix
Yeah and they said more info coming soon...where the more info if tomorrow is the release date?

Its in the ics sticky thread.

edit: Its buried a few pages back, but its 2 support docs released a couple of hours ago. Gotta have an account to log in:

HERE and HERE

So theres the annoucement from TMobile, and support docs. What else do you need?

(Hope your Kies is up to date :) )

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA

Last edited:

djtheraven

Jun 1, 2008
Oh yeah where's that update man? Lol... I told you guys that they were just saying another date and not mean it...

flexnix

Apr 3, 2009
Miami, FL
www.b00t.com
I'm slightly confused at the moment with this whole UVLDE & ICS Updates.

Currently I'm rooted with stock gingerbread & debloated. Also, I have CWM Non-Touch.

Should I download the zip file and flash via CWM provided in this thread? Will it update the kernel & modem without loosing root?

Or

Download & flash this file via CWM.. http://wwww.androidfilehost.com/.mrx/Tmo_UVLC8_ICS-LEAK_Kernel.zip

and download & flash this file via CWM.. http://www.androidfilehost.com/.mrx/SGH-T989_Radio/Tmo_SHG-T989_LC8_radio.zip

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Once all that should I flash CWM Touch before flashing whoever released a tweaked ICS rooted rom ?

Top Liked Posts