Hello everyone. I have a question for you. What was the first phone you rooted?

Search This thread

NAB4

Jul 27, 2011
Motorola atrix 4G. It was my wife's and I rooted it 2 weeks after purchase...

DraggyWan

Jan 25, 2013
My Galaxy S3.... I've had at least 3-4 android phones but, I never had the courage to do anything to them. About a month ago, I decided to root it. Seeing what the hype was about. I ended up hard bricking it due to flashing an international rom but I ended up getting a new one through sprint. I was still determined to root it, but this time, I went in with a lot more knowledge on it then before. Did a lot of research. I ended up successfully rooting and flashing my first rom without any problems. I'm very happy bout it. No issues whatsoever. Even decided to get a theme on it. I'm probably going to end up rooting every android I own from now on since I'm very pleased with the results.

Sent from my Rooted SPH-L710 w/ a FreeGS3 rom using xda premium

Last edited:

iPredator

Feb 11, 2013
Htc evo 4g the second time i had it broke my 3d and couldnt get it fixed got a 4g off a friend for free and rooted it

bonebeatz1234

Feb 5, 2010
rockford,il
T-Mobile g1 got it when it came out and still have it with a crack on the screen still working. My 2 year old daughter phone

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium App

Ceelos09

Apr 18, 2011
Old WinMo HTC TouchPro 2
Then my beloved Epic 4G...memories... :eek:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

EPayne123

Jan 11, 2010
Fort Myers
Droid Incredible. I rooted it back when everything was manual, not like what we have today. Back then we LEARNED what we were doing lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

amitshippie

Feb 12, 2010
Mumbai
HTC G1.. :)
Since then legacy continues with HTC Hero>HTC incredible > Samsung Fascinate >INC2>EVO3D >G NEXUS>PHOTON

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

scott_0

Jun 21, 2012
first phone I rooted was my Galaxy SII Epic Touch, then my EVO lte, and now my GSIII :good: Samsung devices are so much easier to root than HTC devices

bckoolaid

Jan 28, 2011
Missouri
First one I rooted was the OG Evo. First phone I unlocked to flash a custom rom was the PPC 6800, otherwise known as the HTC Mogul. Unlocked every phone since I had that one 6 years ago.

imaconeheadXD

Jul 9, 2012
New York
Samsung Moment courtesy of SDX-Developers. If I recall correctly, I went from cupcake to a leaked version of Eclair before the official release and then we got a ported version of FroYo. I thought I was hot **** with my live wallpaper. I had a love-hate relationship with that phone. Many times I wanted to throw it against the wall or out the window of a moving car. Bottom line is I learned a lot from that phone and the good people over at SDX.

Same here man, sadly they never got a working CM7 :what: You know there is still an active dev on that phone? I feel bad for him, so many problems with the damn hardware of that thing... :p

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: downbond

mrctony

Nov 30, 2011
California
moto droid...

the first I rooted was:motorola droid a855 followed by:
MOTOROLA DROID X MB810
-HTC Droid incredible
-HTC EVO4G
-HTC EVO3D
-HTC Thunderbolt
-LG Esteem
-Samsung Galaxy S2 sph-d710
-Samsung Galaxy S3 MetroPCS version:cool:

Logix

Forum Moderator
Staff member
my g1 and funny enough
my first post on xda was about rooting 2.2 on a mytouch ...
sooo many years ago then years in the original galaxy and then galaxy 2 and now here lol

once you go samsung you never go back
samfanboy by design

splashattack

Jan 21, 2011
HTC Droid Eris. The good ol' days when Verizon wasn't actively trying to screw over its customers.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Took me a couple months to build up the courage to do it, but it started with an HTC Hero... And then every phone I could get my hands on after it. Everyone's phone. Nothing is safe around me. Turn your back and you'll be wondering what that SU app is.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app
    LG Optimus S. Unfortunately the roms where never quite right. So now I stick with stock rooted. Hey, it's a great os.

Sent from my SPH-L710 running 4.1.2 (MB1)
    Samsung Moment... Sadly every single rom had bugs though so it wasn't much better than stock

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Samsung Moment courtesy of SDX-Developers. If I recall correctly, I went from cupcake to a leaked version of Eclair before the official release and then we got a ported version of FroYo. I thought I was hot **** with my live wallpaper. I had a love-hate relationship with that phone. Many times I wanted to throw it against the wall or out the window of a moving car. Bottom line is I learned a lot from that phone and the good people over at SDX.

OG evo rooted with unrevoked one click:)