[BootAnimation] Digital Rain (Matrix)

Search This thread

cardinal35

Mar 11, 2014
I think you need to be S-Off for these changes to take effect. Might be a good idea to update the OP with that as a prerequisite.

Sent from my 831C using XDA Free mobile app

cardinal35

Mar 11, 2014
Ok, but I have added and/or changed files to the /system/customize/resource directory only to have the original directory contents restored. This has happened while working in the adb shell with a sudden reboot of the phone as well as rebooting after adding new files and a new default.xml in the CID directory.

I just updated the boot and shutdown animation configurations for the spcs_startup_animation.zip and spcs_shutdown_animation.zip sections with the digital_Rain zip files and copied them to the /system/customize/resource directory, setting permissions with chmod 644, and editing the default.xml file in CID.

Even when I renamed the spcs files as .bak and copied the digital_Rain files with the spcs names, these changes were suddenly overwritten back to the original directory contents.

dased14

Dec 27, 2010
cincy,ohio
Everything is named the same (bootani and shutdown match whats in default.xml) all perms are set to rw r r? (would check that perms are set with esfile or root exp

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Riff76

cardinal35

Mar 11, 2014
Perms were set as SU in adb shell using Chmod 644 and verified using ls -la. I believe the files also matched because I left the spcs files in and added files according to those edited in the default.xml.

dased14

Dec 27, 2010
cincy,ohio
What rom, and what did you change in the default.xml(me i never leave old animations)

cardinal35

Mar 11, 2014
In Boot Configuration, I changed the animation and audio file name. In Shutdown Configuration, I changed the image_png filename. I added the new files to the /system/customize/resource directory and left the original spcs and audio files there as well.

I am on Stock Rom, rooted.

raider89

Feb 8, 2012
How do I keep my default.xml from reverting back, I have the boot animations just no sound and I cant delete the "android" after the code, it keeps going back to default.

Im on badboyz rom rooted unlocked s on

dased14

Dec 27, 2010
cincy,ohio
And system is mounted as r/w?
If that isn't working pull and use notepad++ and edit on pc and push back to phone

Reactions: MassStash

gstanke

Dec 21, 2013
Flint
How do I keep my default.xml from reverting back, I have the boot animations just no sound and I cant delete the "android" after the code, it keeps going back to default.

Im on badboyz rom rooted unlocked s on

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't s-on prevent permanent system changes?

And system is mounted as r/w?
If that isn't working pull and use notepad++ and edit on pc and push back to phone

dased14

Dec 27, 2010
cincy,ohio
Nope I'm s-on and I'm using a modified version of this boot and a custom shutdown with a modified default.xml

Reactions: MassStash

Top Liked Posts