Archos GApps Installer (Market Contacts Calender Etc.)

Search This thread

Droidish

Oct 10, 2009
Perhaps these might help some of the devs here.

The installer helper app didn't seem to do anything (as expected since this is for an Archos) but maybe ripping it apart to see what it's doing may help.

I downloaded the apps from within apps.zip as well but the only ones that would install was media uploader and maps. The rest gave parse errors.

http://code.google.com/p/archos-apps-installer/

sapienta

Mar 25, 2007
This would be great if it work for our device. I shall look into it but I have close to no experience with android programming :(

tokyomonster

Feb 20, 2009
Houston
Perhaps these might help some of the devs here.

The installer helper app didn't seem to do anything (as expected since this is for an Archos) but maybe ripping it apart to see what it's doing may help.

I downloaded the apps from within apps.zip as well but the only ones that would install was media uploader and maps. The rest gave parse errors.

http://code.google.com/p/archos-apps-installer/

I have a (speculative) feeling that the version of Android included with the Archos tablets may be more complete than what ships on the Nooks. Still, this may be helpful. I'm 'bouts to tear into it.

go0nie

May 14, 2010
Interesting to see this thread started today. Last night I found the gapps for Archos and tried a few things but to no avail. The error that I was getting was that it only ran on xxx. I can't remember the exact wording. But someone that actually knows how to read/write software code might be able to make something out of this Archos package.

kenyu73

Mar 4, 2010
Upstate NY
This works for Archos because the '/system/app' directory has aliases to the '/data/test/froyo/system' folder. Basically, Archos sorta knew we'd manually install the Market.

If the Nook has something similar, it could work, but you'd have to see what writable directory the Nook has if they even do this like Archos.

If they don't have the files like this prefixed with a 0 then you'd probably need full root to get the market going. However, I'm not root expert to guide Nook users nor do I have a Nook... (=

0GenieWidget.apk
0Gmail.apk
0GoogleBackupTransport.apk
0GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk
0GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk
0GoogleFeedback.apk
0GoogleServicesFramework.apk
0Maps.apk
0MarketUpdater.apk
0MediaUploader.apk
0NetworkLocation.apk
0SetupWizard.apk