• Total voters
Search This thread

ranucci

Jan 24, 2007
Nantes
Hello,

The app is composed of 3 main screens:
1 panorama containing
- "my daily" : the incoming episodes. with buttons to mark episodes as acquired / watched. orange is for "aired" blue is for "acquired"
- "manager" : to manage favorite shows / add shows to favorites
- What's new : a random selection of the last updated shows.

Here are a few screen caps :
mini_screen.jpg

White theme
screen9.png

1 other panorama containing the details on a show :
mini_episode.jpg

and a page containing details about each episode.
screen7.png

Off course, settings and "about"
setting.jpg

tile_notif.jpg

it shows the number of episodes aired since the last launch of the app

video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3sh6jF4t6o

This app has been released in french, english and spanish, german should come soon
Data about episodes and shows are available thanks to tvDb.

V1.3 :
- language bug fixed, you can now look for a show in your native language (if supported by tvdb)
- show posters can now be saved to your picture library (they make excellent lock screens)
- diverse other improvements :D

http://www.dwilin.com/

Last edited:

_calum_

Aug 16, 2010
Tübingen, Germany
Hey man, looks pretty good.

One thing that popped out at me: The refresh/sync button in the first set of screen shots. It looks like it will be a bit hard to hit (I've got fat fingers ;)). For an end users point of view it would probably be better in the application bar (although it may look a bit lonely there).

just my twocents

ranucci

Jan 24, 2007
Nantes
hello

Thanks for your answer !
it's a good suggestion, we will take care of this tonight

ps: video is (finally) working

pittphan

Mar 31, 2010
Philly
Looks good. I really like the fact you get info on every episode of the show. It would be cool if would add reminders and live tile notifications of upcoming episodes. If that was added I'd pay $1.99 and if not $.99.
It is a nice app either way, but it would be a hard sell for more than 2 bucks.

Sent from my SGH-T849 using XDA App

professorstotch

Dec 30, 2009
I had one of these types of apps in progress before I just gave up on it due to not really feeling like finishing it. One idea that I wanted to integrate into mine, but never found out if it was possible was something like a calendar sync. You hit the button and bam, it will add it to your calendar to remind you which night a certain show might be premiering or returning to TV.

ranucci

Jan 24, 2007
Nantes
thanks yor your answers,

for the calendar, we wanted to do so, but no api is available in WP7, the only possibility was for us to access the users gmail account and send reminders in.

But it implied storing personal connection data, and we don't like that.
If new apis are available in new wp7 updates we will probably check it out

for the live tile, I think it will be in a V2

Gorki247

Dec 8, 2010
Looking good. Was actually looking for an app like this. I assume it will only show the original airdates in the country of origin? Would it somehow be possible to let the user add a custom day of week, so they can check what shows are on that day?

ranucci

Jan 24, 2007
Nantes
Hello

We originally wanted to convert airtime to the users timezone, but we don't have the "original timezone' information on tvdb.

For your other question : I didn't really understand what you mean.
(or maybe?) : you would like to see what airs on tuesdays for example?

or for a specific date?

Gorki247

Dec 8, 2010
Let's say I've added Big Bang Theory to my watch list. In the UK this show is on a Wednesday, so I'd assign that day to this show. Someone else might be watching the repeat on Fridays, so they pick that day instead.

Then somewhere in the app, I could check what's on each day of the week and if I looked on Wednesday it would list Big Bang Theory and any other shows I've flagged for that day.

It wouldn't have to have to say what episode or anything (no dates or times either), just that the show is on. Like a reminder and personalized TV guide.

I think it would be a great feature considering the fact that most shows air on different days around the world.

emigrating

Jan 1, 2010
Appologies if this is already covered in the app, I didn't see it in the screenshots or video though.

Protip: Please add a notice in the app saying something along the lines of "All data provided by TheTVDB.com" and "if you enjoy our services and can afford it, please show us by donating" linking to our Donate page.

Also be advised there will be an official TheTVDB client in the future, with interactive functionality - i.e. ratings, personalized recommendations and so on. You've done some good work here though. If there are any API calls you feel could be optimized for mobile, do let me know (some have already been re-written specifically for WP7, although they are still in private testing).

ranucci

Jan 24, 2007
Nantes
Hello,

there is already the "about" section containing informations and links to tvdb. (I contacted Scott about this app)

News :

we added the live tile functionality!

tile_notif.jpg

If a new episode airs, the live tile will be updated.

NFRCER

Jul 2, 2007
Hey Devs...Can I be a beta tester for this app?
I'd love to be one too!!!

Lol I actually thought the App had been released and searched for it...
Ugh :( I'm liking this app alot (Manga!!!!!) and I'd like to know if you guys have a time frame or any new developments :)

As for price, most might disagree with me.. But I do value the effort developers put towards their apps, and I am not afraid to go as far as $4-5 depending how fast updates and the application works. It's a service to us and an income to you ;-) Hopefully lol.

ranucci

Jan 24, 2007
Nantes
Hello,

We are currently tweaking the app to make it as fast as it gets :D and once it's done, it will be sent for validation to microsoft.

thanks for your replies.

ranucci

Jan 24, 2007
Nantes
Hello !

This week end was productive !

Trial / lite version will be available (limited to 3 favorite shows and no time limit)

The last freezes are gone.

Globalization works well ! (French and English for the moment, we should be able to do Spanish and German)

Thanks for your posts !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hello

sorry for the few updates last times, we submitted our app on tuesday, it came back with a failled certif yesterday: just a ui compliance problem on the back button handling, it's sorted out already.

so next week it should be on the marketplace :cool:

It will be called Daily Series