***OTA Update***CRITICAL

Search This thread

beermedean

Oct 18, 2011
I just recieved an OTA update...seen in pic. I have installed RootKeeper...so am I good?

I deferred the update for 24 hours...how do I delete or disarm the update?

The update name is: LG_VS980_10B_TO_11A

This software update includes enhancements and improvements to your LG G2. (yeah right VZW!)

Reactions: Cheesejam

jug6ernaut

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 7, 2006
San Antonio, Tx
I just recieved an OTA update...seen in pic. I have installed RootKeeper...so am I good?

I deferred the update for 24 hours...how do I delete or disarm the update?

The update name is: LG_VS980_10B_TO_11A

This software update includes enhancements and improvements to your LG G2. (yeah right VZW!)

im more interested in loki still works...

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
www.dinosaurstakefrance.com
hahaha hilarious. if it has a change log though of fixing the stupid launcher redraw then I'm pumped for our devs lol..

however in titanium i froze something called software update. I haven't seen an ota

Sent from my LG G2 using Tapatalk 4

beermedean

Oct 18, 2011
hahaha hilarious. if it has a change log though of fixing the stupid launcher redraw then I'm pumped for our devs lol..

however in titanium i froze something called software update. I haven't seen an ota

Do you suggest that I do the same? Where did you find it?

cslingerland

Jul 11, 2012

I think this may be due to the amount of RAM available to the phone... The UI takes up a TON! it was mentioned in another thread... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2450290 .... but it seems as though it runs out of ram and removes the homescreen from it when you're doing things in other apps

Reactions: nupeflo and jayochs

imhowie

Mar 20, 2013
Update didn't remove root

I installed root keeper, backed up my root, temp unrooted and then did the update. After it was done updating, i restored root and it worked fine. I haven't dug into this to see what the update did yet, but you won't lose root as long as you use OTA root keeper and do the necessary steps to keep it before you do the update. Everyone have it!

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
www.dinosaurstakefrance.com
bu7ugedu.jpg
yup see at the top? I backed it up then uninstalled it.

Semantics

Nov 30, 2009
As stated in the other thread, this does not address root or Loki. It's okay to put the Xanax down and stop freaking out. :)

Kurant1

Mar 18, 2012
Is this only on Verizon?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts