[Q] Relock bootloader and go stock

Search This thread

dralex88

Jan 16, 2010
I already unlock boatloader. Can I go back to stock rom and relock my bootloader, flash back my TA backup and recieve OTA updates in future? Any guides on that pleaese? Thanks in advance... :)

SpyderTracks

Jan 13, 2007
London
I already unlock boatloader. Can I go back to stock rom and relock my bootloader, flash back my TA backup and recieve OTA updates in future? Any guides on that pleaese? Thanks in advance... :)

Yes. Flash stock ftf first then relock bootloader. If you try to relock bootloader on custom rom it won't boot.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: dralex88

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
Yup, be sure to be on a stock ROM before you do it, and remember that you have to have root to restore TA. The standalone TA tool (from the cross dev section) restores and locks the bootloader, so no need to do it again in Flashtool after you've restored TA.

Worst case scenario: You restore TA and lock the bootloader and the device won't turn on, and all you get is a simple vibration and a blinking red light. Open Flashtool and unlock the bootloader again. This will happen if you're not on stock kernel (i.e you have recovery), so be sure to be on stock ROM w/ stock kernel.

Reactions: dralex88

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes. Flash stock ftf first then relock bootloader. If you try to relock bootloader on custom rom it won't boot.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Yup, be sure to be on a stock ROM before you do it, and remember that you have to have root to restore TA. The standalone TA tool (from the cross dev section) restores and locks the bootloader, so no need to do it again in Flashtool after you've restored TA.

Worst case scenario: You restore TA and lock the bootloader and the device won't turn on, and all you get is a simple vibration and a blinking red light. Open Flashtool and unlock the bootloader again. This will happen if you're not on stock kernel (i.e you have recovery), so be sure to be on stock ROM w/ stock kernel.