[ROM] Nubia Z9 Mini (NX511J) ROM + TWRP Recovery (English)

Search This thread

navin_n

May 10, 2012
Kathmandu
I have made this thread for those users who have bought Nubia Z9 Mini from China and have no Google Services. I have modded the official stock ROM with Google Services. This is PURE stock without any additional tweaks except Root and unnecessary preinstalled Chinese apps removed. You can visit my Google drive to download this custom ROM and I have also included the recovery tool that will install English TWRP recovery.

THIS ROM IS FOR CHINESE VERSION NUBIA... IF YOU FLASH IN INTERNATIONAL/INDIAN VERSION, YOU WILL HAVE PROBLEM WITH NETWORK/DATA CONNECTION (Refer to post below to overcome this issue)

STABLE RELEASES:
Version V4.52 Android Version 5.1.1 (with updated UI 5.0)

OFFICIAL STOCK INTERNATIONAL VERSION (CHINESE NUBIA):
Version V3.67 Android Version 5.1.1

NUBIA Z9 MINI ELITE (3G RAM):
Version V4.02 Android Version 5.1.1 (with updated UI 5.0)

RECOVERY TOOLS:
TWRP 3.0.0-0.1 (ENG/CN) (Credits to romxz.cn)

RESTORE TOOL:
Nubia Restoration Tool(Chinese) ---> Use this tool to restore the bricked Nubia devices. Works on all Nubia Devices.

GUIDE TO INSTALL CUSTOM RECOVERY + CUSTOM ROM:
REQUIREMENTS:

1. Be sure to backup all important data (contacts, messages, call records, etc.) before proceeding.
2. Working Windows PC with ADB Drivers installed - without proper installation of drivers the process will not be successful.

STEPS:
(If you need only Custom Recovery, then follow the steps from 2 to 7, other steps you can skip)

1. Download the required zipped Custom ROM and copy it to the root directory of External SD card or Internal SD card.
2. Download the Recovery Tool exe file from the link above.
3. Enable USB debugging mode. ("Menu Button" >> System settings(Settings) >> About phone(On the phone) >> Tap 6 times on Build number>>"Back button">> More >> Developer options >> Enable USB Debugging)
4. Connect the phone to the PC.
5. Execute downloaded Recovery Tool exe file.
6. In PC, new window will open. Input your choice of Recovery accordingly. (Allow the Authorization Request in the phone)
7. Follow the steps on-screen until all completes.
8. If the Custom Recovery was flashed successfully, you will get TWRP recovery menu.
9. Perform wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition.
10. To flash the firmware: Select "Install ZIP" >> "choose zip from sdcard0 or sdcard1" depending on which SD card you have copied the ROM, external or internal >> Select Custom ROM >> Flash selected ROM.
11. Wait until you get the confirmation of successful flashing.
12. Reboot the phone by selecting "reboot system now".
13. DONE. (Initial boot may take some time so have patience.)

STEPS TO GET DATA WORKING ON 5.1.1 BASED STOCK ROM's (If you have flashed Chinese Version in International Version)
Original Source: 4pda.ru Forum and Thanks to JohnMcClane, im190610, олежек1975, Апостол666, Lepi, isnest, alexonik, kakawkin
Compiled and updated by:mad:pradipsoman
1. First ensure that you are on a Nubia factory ROM. Download NubiaTools and jd_gsm_3.61.zip from this Link
2. Enable USB debugging on your phone and enable RSA security key box shown, when connected to your PC.
3. Type the following code on the Dialer: *#7678#
4. You will see two blank boxes open up. Tick both boxes you see.
5. Now install this driver on your windows 7 with your mobile kept on.
6. Once this serial port driver is installed check it on your Device manager-Ports settings. It should show USB Diagnostic MDM port. Also see that the driver is installed WITH THE PHONE ON and not off. If you power off and press power-volume-up/down etc. the wrong driver gets installed automatically which will not work. This is the most important step in this whole process. No correct driver and you can't get NubiaTools to work.
7. Go to the Properties of the port and the tab Port Settings in the upper value of exhibiting 115200 bps.
8. Now start Nubia tools on your PC. Before that disable any antivirus programs like NAV as it will give a false alarm on Worm/Trojan detection as soon as you run the NubiaTools file.
9. Select Tools / Settings. Set baud rate as 115200
10. Select back up and press Settings tab in backup, and set baud rate as 115,200
11. Once your Nubia shows up in the Port field, Press START to choose the place where to save the file QCN and click Start All on the panel. After a small amount of time you have your QCN backup.
12. Check if the QCN file has been backed up at the location you chose to.
13. Now follow the directions in the zip file contents to flash the patch files inside the jd_gsm_3.61 zip file (use patch.bat file. Your mobile and PC should be connected and communication enabled in ADB mode.). If it gives error then copy the patch files directly to the root directory of SD card and run the batch file.
14. Now using Nubia tools use Restore to restore the QCN file to your mobile. (Forgetting this step will leave your phone without IMEI)
15. Now you can do a reboot and you will have Data enabled for 5.1.1 based Nubia factory ROM’s and also the unstable Data issue with 3.14 to 3.20 Rom’s also would be rectified.

USEFUL TIP:
If the device is not responding or having black screen, press "Power Button+Vol up+Vol Down" together for sometime until the device vibrates.
The device will boot up automatically.

For Other Custom ROMs you may check these sites. (May require translator as these sites are not in English)
Mod edit: Links removed.

Last edited:

Shell820810

Jun 20, 2015
Would this give me access to move apps to the sd card. I am also having issues bluetoothing files from pc to phone, no root access.

Feb 3, 2009
No.. I have removed the OTA applications...however OTA update will not work as it will check all the stock applications but I have removed/deleted some of the stock applications...

Thanks for the reply buddy.. I was hoping if you can point me in the right direction here.. I know there is an unofficial CM 12 ROM for Z9 mini..

have you used it..? how about any MIUI ROMs that are there for the Z9 mini.. Can you provide a link for the same... More interested in the MIUI prospect though..

navin_n

May 10, 2012
Kathmandu
Thanks for the reply buddy.. I was hoping if you can point me in the right direction here.. I know there is an unofficial CM 12 ROM for Z9 mini..

have you used it..? how about any MIUI ROMs that are there for the Z9 mini.. Can you provide a link for the same... More interested in the MIUI prospect though..

I have not used any other ROMs ... but in the Chinese forum, they have good reviews for MIUI ROM...and says its stable.... Download link for Z9 Mini MIUI ROM

Alternative links for MIUI ROMs: (From 4pda.ru)
Link-1
Link-2

Cynogenmod/Mokee/Others Download Links:
CYNOGENMOD 12.1
YIOS Beta1 for Nubia Z9 Mini Android 5.1.1
Sudamod Android 5.1.1
Mokee Android 5.1.1

Last edited:

shahulvm

Nov 14, 2010
I know there are still no many bugs in official ROM ... hope it will be modified/added/optimized in coming builds....

Navin, is it possible to have a unroot.zip package as I use the phone for my office emails using airwatch. Airwatch checks for root and says compromised device. If possible, I would like to install your rom and then run the unroot.zip to remove root. Also appreciate if you could have a small writeup on how to install back the stock ROM. Thanks much in advance!!

Shell820810

Jun 20, 2015
Any reason why this or sd card not showing up as drives in my computer

Edit to add.sorted , just needed to change USB mode

Last edited:

Feb 3, 2009
I have not used any other ROMs ... but in the Chinese forum, they have good reviews for MIUI ROM...and says its stable.... I will give you my baidu drive link to download the stable MIUI ROM.
Download link for Z9 Mini MIUI ROM

Link-1
Link-2

CYNOGENMOD 12.1
Sudamod Android 5.1.1
Mokee Android 5.1.1

Cool stuff bro..thanks for the links..!!!!!
I hope you keep updating the community with latest ROMS for the Z9 mini :))

vijay2

Jan 14, 2007
vodafone 2g 3g internet data not works on your ver 3.10 rom

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

any solution to works data network on your rom

navin_n

May 10, 2012
Kathmandu
vodafone 2g 3g internet data not works on your ver 3.10 rom

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:49 PM ----------

any solution to works data network on your rom

This is pure stock ROM... I just added Gapps and root... so i am not sure why it didn't work...

Try creating the APN for Vodafone manually.. I guess it will work... coz i don't have any issue with the data service...

vijay2

Jan 14, 2007
i already created apn...also contacted the vodafone custemer care...all methods tried....also put miui6 and cynogen apn.xml on root folder system/etc/apn.xml ...but nothing works......on the rom miui runs well..also cynagon rom runs very well...but chines stock roms give me problems......i didnt like miui 6 rom because its laggy....camera not works on rom....i

Last edited:

hydronoide

Jun 2, 2015
in indian rom we can switch network on both sim cards but in this 3.10 build we cant switch network mode on both sim only sim one supports network mode switch :(

navin_n

May 10, 2012
Kathmandu
in indian rom we can switch network on both sim cards but in this 3.10 build we cant switch network mode on both sim only sim one supports network mode switch :(

its becoz v3.10 is not meant for indian market... beside it supports all networks GSM/CDMA/TD-SCDMA ..... unlike indian networks.. so this is little different...

Reactions: cmtang

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have made this thread for those users who have bought Nubia Z9 Mini from China and have no Google Services. I have modded the official stock ROM with Google Services. This is PURE stock without any additional tweaks except Root and unnecessary preinstalled Chinese apps removed. You can visit my Google drive to download this custom ROM and I have also included the recovery tool that will install English TWRP recovery.

THIS ROM IS FOR CHINESE VERSION NUBIA... IF YOU FLASH IN INTERNATIONAL/INDIAN VERSION, YOU WILL HAVE PROBLEM WITH NETWORK/DATA CONNECTION (Refer to post below to overcome this issue)

STABLE RELEASES:
    Version V4.52 Android Version 5.1.1 (with updated UI 5.0)

OFFICIAL STOCK INTERNATIONAL VERSION (CHINESE NUBIA):
    Version V3.67 Android Version 5.1.1

NUBIA Z9 MINI ELITE (3G RAM):
    Version V4.02 Android Version 5.1.1 (with updated UI 5.0)

RECOVERY TOOLS:
    TWRP 3.0.0-0.1 (ENG/CN) (Credits to romxz.cn)

RESTORE TOOL:
    Nubia Restoration Tool(Chinese) ---> Use this tool to restore the bricked Nubia devices. Works on all Nubia Devices.

GUIDE TO INSTALL CUSTOM RECOVERY + CUSTOM ROM:
    REQUIREMENTS:

1. Be sure to backup all important data (contacts, messages, call records, etc.) before proceeding.
    2. Working Windows PC with ADB Drivers installed - without proper installation of drivers the process will not be successful.

STEPS:
    (If you need only Custom Recovery, then follow the steps from 2 to 7, other steps you can skip)

1. Download the required zipped Custom ROM and copy it to the root directory of External SD card or Internal SD card.
    2. Download the Recovery Tool exe file from the link above.
    3. Enable USB debugging mode. ("Menu Button" >> System settings(Settings) >> About phone(On the phone) >> Tap 6 times on Build number>>"Back button">> More >> Developer options >> Enable USB Debugging)
    4. Connect the phone to the PC.
    5. Execute downloaded Recovery Tool exe file.
    6. In PC, new window will open. Input your choice of Recovery accordingly. (Allow the Authorization Request in the phone)
    7. Follow the steps on-screen until all completes.
    8. If the Custom Recovery was flashed successfully, you will get TWRP recovery menu.
    9. Perform wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition.
    10. To flash the firmware: Select "Install ZIP" >> "choose zip from sdcard0 or sdcard1" depending on which SD card you have copied the ROM, external or internal >> Select Custom ROM >> Flash selected ROM.
    11. Wait until you get the confirmation of successful flashing.
    12. Reboot the phone by selecting "reboot system now".
    13. DONE. (Initial boot may take some time so have patience.)

STEPS TO GET DATA WORKING ON 5.1.1 BASED STOCK ROM's (If you have flashed Chinese Version in International Version)
    Original Source: 4pda.ru Forum and Thanks to JohnMcClane, im190610, олежек1975, Апостол666, Lepi, isnest, alexonik, kakawkin
    Compiled and updated by:mad:pradipsoman
    1. First ensure that you are on a Nubia factory ROM. Download NubiaTools and jd_gsm_3.61.zip from this Link
    2. Enable USB debugging on your phone and enable RSA security key box shown, when connected to your PC.
    3. Type the following code on the Dialer: *#7678#
    4. You will see two blank boxes open up. Tick both boxes you see.
    5. Now install this driver on your windows 7 with your mobile kept on.
    6. Once this serial port driver is installed check it on your Device manager-Ports settings. It should show USB Diagnostic MDM port. Also see that the driver is installed WITH THE PHONE ON and not off. If you power off and press power-volume-up/down etc. the wrong driver gets installed automatically which will not work. This is the most important step in this whole process. No correct driver and you can't get NubiaTools to work.
    7. Go to the Properties of the port and the tab Port Settings in the upper value of exhibiting 115200 bps.
    8. Now start Nubia tools on your PC. Before that disable any antivirus programs like NAV as it will give a false alarm on Worm/Trojan detection as soon as you run the NubiaTools file.
    9. Select Tools / Settings. Set baud rate as 115200
    10. Select back up and press Settings tab in backup, and set baud rate as 115,200
    11. Once your Nubia shows up in the Port field, Press START to choose the place where to save the file QCN and click Start All on the panel. After a small amount of time you have your QCN backup.
    12. Check if the QCN file has been backed up at the location you chose to.
    13. Now follow the directions in the zip file contents to flash the patch files inside the jd_gsm_3.61 zip file (use patch.bat file. Your mobile and PC should be connected and communication enabled in ADB mode.). If it gives error then copy the patch files directly to the root directory of SD card and run the batch file.
    14. Now using Nubia tools use Restore to restore the QCN file to your mobile. (Forgetting this step will leave your phone without IMEI)
    15. Now you can do a reboot and you will have Data enabled for 5.1.1 based Nubia factory ROM’s and also the unstable Data issue with 3.14 to 3.20 Rom’s also would be rectified.

USEFUL TIP:
    If the device is not responding or having black screen, press "Power Button+Vol up+Vol Down" together for sometime until the device vibrates.
    The device will boot up automatically.

For Other Custom ROMs you may check these sites. (May require translator as these sites are not in English)
    Mod edit: Links removed.
    edge features and iris recognition will come in your custom rom?

Thanks

Enviado desde mi NX511J mediante Tapatalk

FiT features and others are in the enhanced version of Nubia Z9 mini (3G RAM) only .... i think standard Z9 mini don't support these features!!

UPDATE: V3.61 Custom Uploaded!
    Nubia Device Restoration Tool

Use this tool to restore the bricked Nubia devices. Supports all Nubia Devices.
    This tool is in Chinese Language but it's easy to use. This tool will help to restore the devices bricked due to improper flashing of recovery and boot images.

Refer to OP for the link to download

I have not used any other ROMs ... but in the Chinese forum, they have good reviews for MIUI ROM...and says its stable.... Download link for Z9 Mini MIUI ROM

Link-1
    Link-2

CYNOGENMOD 12.1
    Sudamod Android 5.1.1
    Mokee Android 5.1.1
    New V3.87 (BETA) Custom ROM Uploaded

New V3.87 ROM (BETA) uploaded. Check my Google drive.

For Changelog, refer to Nubia Website.
    You will require google translator.