Will there be ever a lock suspend (sleep mode) on the android builds we r using

Search This thread

coolbeer1990

Apr 19, 2010
New Delhi
i have been using android on my hd2 since day 1 it was booting on the hd2 ..with the help of HTC linux team ...thnx to them ....since day 1 it has got pretty stable now ! with almost many things working ..but i wonder there is no proper sleep mode ..coz when i press the call end button for it to sleep it still not suspends ...because maybe the linux doesnt allow the phone to suspend or to go in the sleep mode ...the backlight still runs ...and it sucks the battery ....! will there be any proper sleep mode on it ever ???

polo735

Mar 5, 2009
Connecticut
The pace of android development on the HD2 has been very quick. There are still a few non-working pieces. The developers have done their best to get the key operations functioning and the rest will follow. Just have patience, they are working harder than any of us deserve.

mightyiam

Feb 15, 2010
Ra'anana
Is this solved yet?

Dear ones,

What does suspend actually mean in the case of a smartphone? I mean, in the case of a computer the system responds only to wakeup calls in my experience.

In the case of a smartphone, does suspend mean practically the same thing? Linux suspend to RAM? Does it still listen for phone calls while suspended?

Blessings,
Shahar