[ROM][LB/UB][4.1.2] CyanogenMod 10

Search This thread

Olivier

Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 6, 2011
These are all CM10 bugs, guys.
As for the camera, according to this, flashing CameraMixedBlobs.zip from cronot's CM10.1 fixed that. I just tried it and I can confirm it works, it opens the camera immediately now. It's attached, just flash it. If @cronot is okay with it, I can add it to next update by default...
NOTE: CameraNewBlobs.zip don't work.
Concerning "long time for screen on": I have been using this ROM for some days now and I haven't faced this issue yet. Possibly also a common CM10 bug...
And the flash light bug also seems to be a common CM10 bug.

BTW, if you find a notice a bug, check this list to see if the bug has been reported there... You'll probably find a solution (which you may post here.)

Attachments

• CameraMixedBlobs.zip
    606.3 KB · Views: 2,061
Last edited:

cronot

Jul 1, 2008
Campinas
As for the camera, according to this, flashing CameraMixedBlobs.zip from cronot's CM10.1 fixed that. I just tried it and I can confirm it works, it opens the camera immediately now. It's attached, just flash it. If @cronot is okay with it, I can add it to next update by default...

Of course you can use it, why would I oppose to it? :) It's just blobs from Sony in there, all I did is put them together, I couldn't oppose to it being freely used even if I wanted to.

bulanula

Jun 10, 2009
London
Would it be possible to use this on Xperia P with stock kernel 3.0.8 and have CM10 running ?

Or only possible for Xperia S with stock kernel version 3.4 ?

Olivier

Nov 6, 2011
I frankly don't know, you better ask an XU developer.

Gesendet von meinem Xperia S mit Tapatalk

Narkon

Feb 2, 2010
Gliwice
Hello again, I found next bug. When we connect headset, our microphone does not work. I tested it on skype.

Wysłane z mojego Xperia S przy użyciu Tapatalka

Olivier

Nov 6, 2011
Are you sure the microphone is not broken?

Reactions: Kevinjoa

Narkon

Feb 2, 2010
Gliwice
Yes, im pretty sure, I connected that headset to another phone and it works fine.

Wysłane z mojego Xperia S przy użyciu Tapatalka

adfad666

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 29, 2011
This technique looks really interesting, I'm going to investigate it for Xperia SP.

I've been planning a CAF fork that can run on the stock Android 4.3 bootloader, using the stock init scripts. However if this can change those scripts then that will be brilliant, I didn't think it would be possible.

Its a pity we can't replace the kernel, but this is a significant breakthrough!

Olivier

Nov 6, 2011
I think that is a bad answer, because is for UnLocked Bootloaders.

Then you didn't get my intention: I just wanted to say that this bug also occurs on CM for UB. Unfortunately, I don't have the time necessary to mess with all those bugs... Don't expect this to be 100% bug free, please. This is a daily driver, but some bluetooth features may not work, same for app packages. You can report those bugs in FXP CM10, maybe they will fix it.
And btw, there are even some Stock-based ROMs with WiFi-tethering not working... :D

This technique looks really interesting, I'm going to investigate it for Xperia SP.

Have fun. :D

I've been planning a CAF fork that can run on the stock Android 4.3 bootloader, using the stock init scripts. However if this can change those scripts then that will be brilliant, I didn't think it would be possible.

How far have you come yet? :)

Reactions: S-AJAD and Kevinjoa

adfad666

Jul 29, 2011
How far have you come yet? :)

The Android part is mostly done and working at https://github.com/recaf I'm just waiting for our 4.3 upgrade to be released (it should be any day now).

It'll need more work as it currently uses a modified CM device repo. I'll have to change things like mount partitions to Sony style, fake framework parts Sony add and similar things, but I can't do that until I get my hands on the final boot.img

Reactions: S-AJAD and Olivier

adfad666

Jul 29, 2011
Sadly the 4.1 factory image for neither Xperia SP nor Xperia M contains the pre_hw_config.sh script, but the 4.3 factory image for Xperia Z does contain it, so this method can probably be used there.

letama

Feb 13, 2008
Sadly the 4.1 factory image for neither Xperia SP nor Xperia M contains the pre_hw_config.sh script, but the 4.3 factory image for Xperia Z does contain it, so this method can probably be used there.

You can also use chargemon to do the same. I prefered pre_hw_config.sh as it happens earlier and chargemon is required for offline charging. You have to adapt the script to run the original chargemon before doing its work, you also have to stop the services that are run before chargemon.

Reactions: S-AJAD

bulanula

Jun 10, 2009
London
You can also use chargemon to do the same. I prefered pre_hw_config.sh as it happens earlier and chargemon is required for offline charging. You have to adapt the script to run the original chargemon before doing its work, you also have to stop the services that are run before chargemon.

So this mod can also work on devices like Xperia P, I understand ?

Any special kernel requirements, can 3.0.8 stock kernel work ?

letama

Feb 13, 2008
So this mod can also work on devices like Xperia P, I understand ?

Any special kernel requirements, can 3.0.8 stock kernel work ?

Kernel version doesn't matter. What matter is cm must be using the same kernel drivers (mostly video) as stock firmware. For XS, cm10 is using the same 4.1 drivers as in stock JB firmware, that's why it works.

And that's why it won't work with 10+ and 11 without big modifications, RaymanFX upgraded drivers in the kernel to have a clean Android 4.2/4.3/4.4.

For Xperia P, I don't know if your drivers match...

zaidx

Feb 23, 2013
ERBIL
You ROCK MAN
This is amazing
Any plans on kitkat? lol :D

Sent from my Xperia S using xda app-developers app

adi7yli3

May 7, 2011
please can someone help me, its stuck in bootloop after i used titanium backup to restore all my apps, can i go to a recovery? i cannot turn the phone off

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

is there a built in recovery i can access? just can't get it to do anything, my phone is useless now

Narkon

Feb 2, 2010
Gliwice
please can someone help me, its stuck in bootloop after i used titanium backup to restore all my apps, can i go to a recovery? i cannot turn the phone off

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

is there a built in recovery i can access? just can't get it to do anything, my phone is useless now

You can do a hard reset by combination VOLUME UP (+) and Power button and wait for 3 vibrations - its the same like dismount the battery in other phones. Which recovery do u have? CWM?
If can't do anything, the easily way is restore the original soft, u must connect ur phone with computer into download mode and repair it by Sony Companion (there is an option for this).

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PREAMBLE
    As the title suggests, this is CM10 for locked bootloaders. Since many people doubt this works, I am NOT responsible for bricked devices, whining children whatsoever. I have tested this on my locked Xperia S and it works so good that I decided to use it as a daily driver.
    This ROM is for all those who have got tired of Stock-based ROMs! :p
    Oh, and please, do not post feature requests or bug reports here, use DevDB instead, thanks.

HOW IT WORKS
    If you want to know how it works, go here and also don't forget to give kudos to letama. :D

WORKING/NOT WORKING
    - UI freezes sometimes if one holds the homebutton pressed
    - LED stays on (doesn't go on and off)

DOWNLOAD
    ROM: XDA OR Google Drive
    GAPPs: Goo.im OR DevFiles.co

SOURCE
    Github
    Kernel Source (6.2.B.1.96 kernel)

ADD-ONs
    Sony Media Apps by Rizal Lovins
    Sony Xperia Z1 keyboard by Rizal Lovins
    Sony Xperia Z/Z1 Theme by thomassafca
    Sony Xperia S Theme by thomassafca
    Sony Xperia Home by ra3al

MISCELLANEOUS
    This was featured on the XDA portal (2/1/2013)
    If you also want to give CM for LB on your device a shot, go here, here and here.

CREDITS
    • letama (HE finally got it working!)
    • FXP and CyanogenMod Team
    • atis112
    • cray_Doze
    • Rizal Lovins
    • thomassafca
    • ra3al

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 10 for LOCKED bootloaders, a ROM for the Sony Xperia S

Contributors
    djolivier, letama, atis112
    ROM OS Version: 4.1.x Jelly Bean
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Stock 6.2.B.1.96 firmware + CWM/TWRP for LB
    Based On: CyanogenMod 10 by FXP

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: v2

Created 2014-01-01
    Last Updated 2014-02-11
    Frequently Asked Questions

FAQ

Please read this before cluttering the thread with questions that have already been asked many times. Also, if you find a notice a bug, check this list to see if the bug has been reported there... You'll probably find a solution (which you may post here). :)

Where are all the SONY apps?

This CM, which is based off AOSP. There are plenty of Stock-based ROMs. Why do we need them then? However, if you need them urgently, go here.

Camera takes long to open

Here's the solution.

Did you wipe data before flashing?

Doesn't boot after installing Xposed Module/App Package XY

I'm not responsible if you makes changes in system or install incompatible apps.

Here's the solution.

What's wrong with the notification led?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1994062

Will this work for device XY?

No, you have to port it. See OP under "miscellaneous" for details.
    Is this work for XSL?

Sent from my LT26i using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Sure.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!
    HOOW YOU DID THIS?!
    LOL INCLUDED TWRP 2.6.3.0 FOR LOCKED BL - AWESOME!!!!

This ROM works PERFECTLY, the fastest rom iv'e used on my locked BL XS, man, YOU DID BEST JOB IV'E EVER SEEN HERE!
    THANK YOU!

I have linked to an explanation on how it works in the OP.
    It was my idea, I started it and worked hard on it, but letama helped me a lot, got it booting and fixed wifi (and also ported TWRP for LB), please also give kudos to him. :)

Sent from my Xperia S using xda app-developers app
    NOTE: CameraNewBlobs.zip don't work.
    Concerning "long time for screen on": I have been using this ROM for some days now and I haven't faced this issue yet. Possibly also a common CM10 bug...
    And the flash light bug also seems to be a common CM10 bug.

BTW, if you find a notice a bug, check this list to see if the bug has been reported there... You'll probably find a solution (which you may post here.)
    This seems to be a bug which is related to CM for the Xperia S in general, though I will see what I can do.