Installing Google Play Service on Non-Rooted FTV2

Search This thread

byproxy

Apr 29, 2010
So I have a FTV2 that I can't root (yet... hopefully) because it's on the 5.2.4 software - but I needed Google Play Services in order to run a particular program I sideloaded. Using the info in this guide:

http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-inst...amazon-fire-tv-or-fire-tv-stick-without-root/

I was able to get (what I believe to be) the latest working versions (for the FTV) installed. The program in question now works fine. Here's what I did (again, all credit to the above source... all I did differently is figure out and download the latest versions of each):

1) Download the following apks (I got all of these from apkmirror) and install in this order:
- com.google.android.gsf_4.0.4-488656 (this is Google Services Framework)
- com.google.android.gms_10.2.98_(030-146496160) (this is Google Play Services)
- com.google.android.gsf.login_5.1-1743759 (this is Google Account Manager)
- com.android.vending_6.8.24 (this is Google Play Store)

2) Once the above are installed, launch the Google Play Store and attempt to login. It'll fail. That's expected.

3) Hit home key and you're gtg!! Apps requireing play services should now work (at least they did for me).

I'm not sure if you have to do the play store part or even install the play store and/or the account manager, but I figured it couldn't hurt.

Hope that helps!

Ianefc1

Mar 25, 2017
Didn't work for me. Still get the
"app(optus sports in my case - Australia) won't run without Google play services which are missing from your phone"

Thanks for trying to help though.

phone jocky806

Apr 2, 2011
need answer about VPN

what VPN app did u use for ur firebox tv 2nd gen..could u let me know what it is thank u so much confused::confused:

mercyxx76xx

Mar 20, 2011
Help Please

Hi All, I have just tried to install google play on my Fire TV 2 and I get an Error saying this app isn't compatiable with your device. To fix this problem, go to settings and uninstall updates for the google Play Store App. I followed your guide exactly but I am now stuck, can you offer me any advice please. (I only need google play store to download one paid app, as it does not transfer across as a full paid app with apps2fire) :(

FireTV Software Version:- Fire OS 5.2.4.2 (574263120)
Fire TV Home Version 5.7.3-17

Non Rooted (Really do not want to root it)

Thank you for any help

skeg0

Aug 24, 2017
Hi All, I have just tried to install google play on my Fire TV 2 and I get an Error saying this app isn't compatiable with your device. To fix this problem, go to settings and uninstall updates for the google Play Store App. I followed your guide exactly but I am now stuck, can you offer me any advice please. (I only need google play store to download one paid app, as it does not transfer across as a full paid app with apps2fire) :(

FireTV Software Version:- Fire OS 5.2.4.2 (574263120)
Fire TV Home Version 5.7.3-17

Non Rooted (Really do not want to root it)

Thank you for any help

Any luck with this? I was able to get past this initial issue by installing the Android TV version of the app which allowed me to open, but I get a spinning wheel and nothing loads so I am assuming the framework files are to blame somehow.

All I want is to install a recent version of espxe! As my current version crashes when visiting the preferences screen.
Any help most appreciated!!

skeg0

Aug 24, 2017
Solved

Solved by installing most recent version of expse by transferring apk from device to fire tv so no need to install google play on fire tv 2

total7kaos

Mar 26, 2010
I installed and I can get the app to work. It is MSG GO. Now it is asking to allow location services. Thoughts?

ambrosio5

Nov 7, 2014
So I have a FTV2 that I can't root (yet... hopefully) because it's on the 5.2.4 software - but I needed Google Play Services in order to run a particular program I sideloaded. Using the info in this guide:

http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-inst...amazon-fire-tv-or-fire-tv-stick-without-root/

I was able to get (what I believe to be) the latest working versions (for the FTV) installed. The program in question now works fine. Here's what I did (again, all credit to the above source... all I did differently is figure out and download the latest versions of each):

1) Download the following apks (I got all of these from apkmirror) and install in this order:

2) Once the above are installed, launch the Google Play Store and attempt to login. It'll fail. That's expected.

3) Hit home key and you're gtg!! Apps requireing play services should now work (at least they did for me).

I'm not sure if you have to do the play store part or even install the play store and/or the account manager, but I figured it couldn't hurt.

Hope that helps!
Hi,
I have the same FTV2 with the same 5.2.4.0.
And like you I need the Google Play Services for the same reason.
So I installed the exact versions of apks with same the order you provided.
But unfortunately when I launched Google Play Store I only got the cruel error "This app isn't compatible with your device. To fix this problem, go to settings and uninstall updates for the google Play Store App."
You mention that you downloaded the latest version (at that time). Any ideas which versions to download, since they are to many?
Thanks in advance for your kind answer!

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

Solved by installing most recent version of expse by transferring apk from device to fire tv so no need to install google play on fire tv 2

Hi,
Can you be more specific on the solution you describe?
Thanks in advance!

skeg0

Aug 24, 2017
Hi

My solution was that I didn't need to install the app I wanted (espxe PlayStation emulator) at all through an installation of google play. Instead I found another android device (tablet) downloaded the espxe apk on that and then copied it to the Amazon fire tv. I messed around with different framework versions but to no avail. I was able to get the 1mobile store installed a lot easier which has many apps but this didn't have the 'paid for' espxe.

Reactions: ambrosio5

Mickouse1983

Sep 12, 2017
Hello, i've got several apps which need google services to work. I am lost, i dont know what to do with my fire tv stick (5.4.2.4)

Chlorophyll

Mar 2, 2012
kakinada AP
Any update on this topic. Please share.
I wanna install Google play services on my firestick gen 2.Some apps need it. Pls help

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

0815hoffi

Dec 22, 2019
Munich
github.com
This

Working on rooted 4k Stick. But 4k have android 6.

Analyze the .sh to know how to install.

All must be in /sdcard/opengapps/

Twrp install /sdcard/opengapps/open_gapps-arm-7.1-tvmini-20210406.zip

Twrp install /sdcard/opengapps/update_katniss-2.2.zip

Twrp install /sdcard/opengapps/update_katniss-4.5.zip

Twrp install /sdcard/opengapps/

For Android 5.

You can try

Twrp flashable

Last edited:
Reactions: Bertonumber1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hope that helps!
    Hi

My solution was that I didn't need to install the app I wanted (espxe PlayStation emulator) at all through an installation of google play. Instead I found another android device (tablet) downloaded the espxe apk on that and then copied it to the Amazon fire tv. I messed around with different framework versions but to no avail. I was able to get the 1mobile store installed a lot easier which has many apps but this didn't have the 'paid for' espxe.
    This

Working on rooted 4k Stick. But 4k have android 6.

Analyze the .sh to know how to install.

All must be in /sdcard/opengapps/

Twrp install /sdcard/opengapps/open_gapps-arm-7.1-tvmini-20210406.zip

Twrp install /sdcard/opengapps/update_katniss-2.2.zip

Twrp install /sdcard/opengapps/update_katniss-4.5.zip

Twrp install /sdcard/opengapps/

For Android 5.

You can try

Twrp flashable