Root Xperia C4/C5 firmware 5.1 LB

Search This thread

nhkhanh068

Mar 19, 2014
Hanoi
sry for my bad English. hope u guys can understand and make your device rooted
I try its on my xperia c4 E5333, and some people try its on their xperia c5 and its works too.
First upgrade your device to android 5.1, dont turn on usb debugging. if its on, turn it off
Second download kingroot from here ( .apk) http://www.kingroot.net and install kingroot. then run
So u your device get root now :D:D. So easy :D
12662542_670237246451955_5823108599404588854_n.jpg

after that, if you want to change kingroot to super su, u can folowing this:
download this file http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3333295&d=1432683529 and extract to internal sdcard
install app "Terminal Emulator" from ch play. open it and type "su" for root permission, then type "sh /sdcard/mrw/root.sh", wait...
Reboot your phone, and finaly your phone get root with supersu.
So its a way to root Xperia C4/C5. Can anyone make recovery for C4/C5. Tks alots :D :D :D

Last edited:

xeno.morph

Mar 13, 2015
I was able to root my E5506 (Wind Mobile) with or without USB debugging on. I tried both ways and it works using the latest Kingroot 4.8 app. It might reboot in the middle of rooting but just continue after the phone reboots. if it fails just try to root it again and it should work after a few tries.

I managed to install Titanium Backup Pro, Busy Box without any issues.

Note: If your Titanium Backup won't allow you to backup in your sd card, just download the app in the play store called SDfix. This app should fix your sd issues in TB. [emoji4]

If you flash a firmware using flashtool you will lose root so you'll have to re-root.

Last edited:

xeno.morph

Mar 13, 2015
let me know if you manage to make it work. I tried to switch to super su but I keep getting error on su binary when it tries to update

slowdive76

Jun 11, 2015
After rooting can i use flashify to flash custon recovery? There's a custom recovery for C5 ultra by Bigrammy.

xeno.morph

Mar 13, 2015
if your bootloader is unlocked you probably can install a custom recovery. my phone's bootloader is still locked just was able to get root access.

scotyard

Sep 13, 2012
if your bootloader is unlocked you probably can install a custom recovery. my phone's bootloader is still locked just was able to get root access.

Doesn't biggrammy's custom recovery method address' this fact? It may show as "secure = yes" but recovery can still be flashed.

Quote:
following info from Sony my phone stated “NO” and as you can see the bootloader info said secure = yes but been a I went ahead anyway and here is the weird and lucky for us thing.
After I unlocked it I got (bootloader) secure = NO from fastboot but the System software still reported Bootloader unlock allowed = No
Nothing tripped no warranty warnings nothing it’s like the system never even knew sweet.

http://xdaforums.com/xperia-c5-ultra/development/bootloader-unlocked-custom-recovery-t3285521/

xeno.morph

Mar 13, 2015
Oh yeah! Confirmed Kingroot to SuperSU is a success here too! Thank you pablo_xperia for sharing that link [emoji4]

I don't know why it didn't work for me the first time I rooted my phone but this time definitely worked like a charm.

uploadfromtaptalk1455081889238.png

Reactions: kgnexus79

kgnexus79

Dec 31, 2013
Doesn't biggrammy's custom recovery method address' this fact? It may show as "secure = yes" but recovery can still be flashed.

Yes I understand that bigrammy did mention in his thread that some may show "secure=yes" but recovery can still be flashed. I am just worried about mine being a carrier bought phone not being able to flash the fotakernel. I don't want to screw up my phone just yet. Right now i'm fine with being rooted and have superSU installed. :)

scotyard

Sep 13, 2012

Yes I understand that bigrammy did mention in his thread that some may show "secure=yes" but recovery can still be flashed. I am just worried about mine being a carrier bought phone not being able to flash the fotakernel. I don't want to screw up my phone just yet. Right now i'm fine with being rooted and have superSU installed. :)
Oh yeah, forgot about that. You'll have to double check carrier locked phones

Top Liked Posts