CLT-L29C432B131 firmware improvements

Search This thread

tsiglas

May 10, 2011
Hi.
Today appeared fw CLT-L29C432B131.
I have updated with hurupdater method.
So far they have included camera improvements.
The zoom button is places át lower screen part, they changed the circld into square.
More impressions After testing.
CLT-L29C432B131 Camera
Thanks as you know you might be the First one with the NEW rom 131 so we all need your thoughts especialy about camera, daylight photos oversharpines....Most of users saying that daylight photos are good but most of the times HDR makes them unnatural with oversharpines effect with AI on or off....
What do you think about that after update???

Reactions: Lukke2804

tamaskurti

Jun 8, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Whats the changelog given? I already have 131 on my india model out of the box...want to compare the changelog with mine

From FirmwareFinder:

This update optimizes system performance and stability.

Optimizes power consumption for longer usage.
Improves system performance and stability for smoother operations.
Optimizes the wallpaper display for a better experience.

Fixes an issue where the other party's voice was occasionally delayed when answering calls while using OK Google.

1. This update will not erase your personal data, but we recommend that you back up any important data before updating.
2. The system will restart after the update. This will take about 5 minutes.
3. If you experience any issues during the update, please call the Huawei customer service hotline or visit an authorized Huawei service center for assistance.

tamaskurti

Jun 8, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Thanks as you know you might be the First one with the NEW rom 131 so we all need your thoughts especialy about camera, daylight photos oversharpines....Most of users saying that daylight photos are good but most of the times HDR makes them unnatural with oversharpines effect with AI on or off....
What do you think about that after update???

OK. Sure.
But it will take time.
I'm not a professional shooter, so basically I probably won't notice the differences too fast.
One thing I have observed is that the portrait selfie mode was improved, it's more natural.

Others I will test.
But again: with HuRupdater you can update easely.
(downloading 3 of 4 files from update packages: the choice is between clt-l09 and clt-l29, after that renaming and flash via twrp. See corresponding thread)

spindowski

Apr 28, 2012
Interesting.. so it seems indeed that many of the under the hood changes are not always mentioned in the change log.

Yeah please keep us posted on the camera improvements and performance and power consumption.

Hi.
The zoom button is places at lower screen part, they changed the circle into square.
CLT-L29C432B131 Camera

Screenshot

Reactions: thevenej

bouyhy01

May 4, 2016
bourges
ASUS ROG Phone 5
I updated it to it yesterday but besides the zoom button form nothing changed the selfie camera still creey as before and the video recording also no stabilisation for 4k and no 60 f0s for 4k, huawei is doing nothing

danifilth4king

Feb 13, 2009
Merseyside
I've just tried to update using the HuRUpdater method but wasn't able to boot afterwards. Tried flashing twice but it just wouldn't boot to system. I've restored the TWRP backup I made before flashing and got back into system, now settings says I'm on .131 but I can't be if I just restored a .128 backup, right?
What's everyone's update method? Did you place custom recovery in the folder too or flash without? Wipe cache/dalvik after? Boot to system first before flashing Magisk or just flash directly after HuRUpdater script?
Want to try again but just wanted to check if I've missed something? Thanks!

kaiowas82

Apr 21, 2010
Milton Keynes
just flashed with hurupdater, no problems at all, had to reflash twrp and magisk though... i guess the real improvement are the june security patches

mrabcx

Feb 18, 2011
You need to use unofficial twrp as only that one can decrypt storage (remove security settings first: no pin/ fingerprint).

kaiowas82

Apr 21, 2010
Milton Keynes
Tried re-downloading the firmware and flashing again without including TWRP in the flashing process and still got bootloop! I just can't figure out why it's not working. I'm tempted to try to update using NoCheck Recovery but that's how I bricked last time, so I'm apprehensive :/
I created a new folder with inside the hurupdater script and the three zips downloaded from firmware finder, no recovery img or else.
flashed the script, wiped cache and dalvik and rebooted straight to system.
rebooted to fastboot to reflash the praetoriano recovery, reboot to recovery to flash magisk and that's it.
I'm afraid i cannot help further :)

Reactions: danifilth4king

isko01

Apr 4, 2015
I see here P20 Pro users get new update 131, but just with FunkyHuawei and TWRP manual. No one gets updated from OTA. And if you looking the Huawei offical (in China) forum, they still didnt release new updates. So is this a beta updated from FunkyHuawei or how did they get it?

tamaskurti

Jun 8, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I see here P20 Pro users get new update 131, but just with FunkyHuawei and TWRP manual. No one gets updated from OTA. And if you looking the Huawei offical (in China) forum, they still didnt release new updates. So is this a beta updated from FunkyHuawei or how did they get it?

The cn firmware was updated too to version B123.
Remember, they have different numbers. Ex. Their B123 version is newer than our B131.
Look at production numbers in Fw.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi.
    The zoom button is places at lower screen part, they changed the circle into square.
    CLT-L29C432B131 Camera

Screenshot
    Made a quick test of the new Slow-Mo-Feature. That's way better than without. You can disable it or enable it. (AUTO-Switch on the lower left). Nice copycat from Samsung but why not? :)

Here's a sample on Instagram with a screenshot of the new Feature:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkLXbtWDPvF/?taken-by=mmeidl78
    In 150, has your phone become significantly faster or not?

Its not. If your question is related with the GPU Turbo implemented on .150, thats not how it work,

GPU Turbo implement something like partial rendering (it only render frame/object which actually changes from one scene to the other, give less load to GPU and let the rendering process done in lesser time - thus use less power as well) , and it work only on app where the developer also enable it. In other words, developer need to work together with huawei to make their app using the tech and vice versa.

Currently it work on PUBG and Mobile Legend,

You can straight away notice the increase in framerate stability and better power consumption during the usage of those two particular app.

But in an overall system, due to how the android mechanism itself render UI, it wont affect your experience by a noticeable margin.

Mind you though, that i never find this phone slow or sluggish to begin with. One of the most responsive phone i ever use (and i used to use pixel 2 xl and oneplus 3 as well, so i know my expectation about responsiveness, lol). I installed swap torpedo on this phone btw, so it will disable zram and purely use its 6GB ram for any task. this boost the overall experience, since no more swap memory being used
    Anyone noticed the new target box on 32x slow motion? Starts slomo when it detects movement in the box.
    FYI 131 for c636 contains the same improvements as 131 for c432, the changelog is just wrong. (The changelog indicates May security updates only. It actually has June security updates, as well as the camera improvements.)