[SOLVED] Diag mode not detected anymore on Lollipop ... help

Search This thread
Nov 13, 2013
It's been a while since I entered the Diag mode in my G900P. I recently upgraded to lollipop. I tried to enter the diag mode but it can't be recognized in devices manager and even DFS. When i change the device into MTP+ADB , I can here the sound of pluging a device but when I change it th DM+Modem+ADB, I hear nothing just the disconnecting device sound .Does the lollipop system has anything to do with the problem??

Anyone may know why and how can I fix it?

please help

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Cullub

ryu_gian

Nov 4, 2014
no diag port

tired all possible codes nothing working, diag port really locked. any1 has any other thought.

ryu_gian

Nov 4, 2014
hI rYU_gIAN,

i am running g900f with rooted lollipop, when i went to recovery prior to cwm which is stock recovery i could not see enable cp logging option. Could you please advise how am i supposed to have that option enabled. I have stocked non root and root via odin and it is still not there.

device seems to be GSM,
try *#0808# and select 'DM+MODEM+ADB or *#7284#

akram2009

Jun 8, 2013
Root device by pingo root ,then install idone galaxy tool,then enable hidden menu by idone
On dialer *#0808#/##0909#

Mrsekndtonone

Jan 6, 2016
still no diag mode after following steps. Went to service mode as well to try to active it from there and it says diag mode not supported. Am running moar rom with a kt kernel. Any thoughts guys...

en11gma

Jan 18, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S20 / S20+ / S20 Ultra
i have sm-g900r7 (galaxy s5 spire) android 5.0 stock
in stock recovery i have option for enable cp logging.
if i enable then boot to home screen and open dialer and enter *#0808# i can select dm+modem+adb and it works perfect.
i i flash twrp 2.8.6.0 kltespr i have to recovery option to enable cp logging.
i can dial *#0808# and get into menus but i can not enable dm mode when i select dm+modem+adb.
if i hit the reboot button i see set switch_sel x03 and then under that i see set switch sel and it boots to home screen
i dial *#0808# and select dm+modem+adb and no driver pops up or sound and anyhow it dont work

my question is.
can i boot to recovery and enter a cmd to enable cp logging or can i do that command from terminal emulator with root or from adb from windows computer.

got to have dm mode working.

thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    S5 Lollipop

Go to recovery Mode
    Select enable CP Logging (2nd to last option)
    Device reboots.
    Dialer ##366633# / ##3424# <> Enable DM Mode <> DM Mode gets enabled.

hit the thank button on your way out.
    Go to recovery Mode
    Select enable CP Logging (2nd to last option)
    Device reboots.
    Dialer ##366633# / ##3424# <> Enable DM Mode <> DM Mode gets enabled.

hit the thank button on your way out.

##366633# not working on sprint note4. But ##3424# is working after CP Logging. Thanks for the info
    It's been a while since I entered the Diag mode in my G900P. I recently upgraded to lollipop. I tried to enter the diag mode but it can't be recognized in devices manager and even DFS. When i change the device into MTP+ADB , I can here the sound of pluging a device but when I change it th DM+Modem+ADB, I hear nothing just the disconnecting device sound .Does the lollipop system has anything to do with the problem??

Anyone may know why and how can I fix it?

please help

Thanks
    can U give me a solution for my xperia z3
    pls :'(

Totally different than Samsung diag, you may want to look in the Sony/Ericson section.

the question Is can CP logging be enabled with a terminal command . I still dont have DM mode on sprint S5 lollipop 5.0 . ther is no option for CP logging on twrp wunning MOAR rom. What is the terminal command to enable CP logging to get Dm mode working as this problem is NOT SOLVED.

You must at least enable ADB mode, under Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging ... then enter this:
    adb shell
    su
    mount -o remount,rw /system
    cd /
    setprop sys.usb.config diag,acm,adb
    setprop persist.usb.eng 1
    setprop usb.rndis.enable 1
    echo 1 > /sys/class/usb_composite/modem/enable
    echo "persist.service.adb.enable=1" >> default.prop
    echo "persist.service.debuggable=1" >> default.prop
    echo "persist.sys.usb.config=mtp,adb" >> default.prop
    echo "persist.service.adb.enable=1" >> /system/build.prop
    echo "persist.service.debuggable=1" >> /system/build.prop
    echo "persist.sys.usb.config=mtp,adb" >> /system/build.prop
    reboot

Note: If not rooted try it without the su/mount commands, and also some of commands might fail which is fine.