Need help.. Bootloader Err:A5,70,70,00,1F

Search This thread

Ronbo85

Dec 5, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Are you still using rsdlite 4.7? I had problems with it not too long ago. Downloaded 4.8 and worked like a charm. Hope you get it sorted out.

Sent from my ultra fast Liberated Droid 2

Thanks, yes I switched to 4.8, seems the problem was my sbf file itself to begin with, I dloaded the one linked on this page and now it goes thru the flashing process(see my previous post) and errors out. Dont remember the error but I am charging my batt again while I get settled in here and regroup. Will post my findings.

Ronbo85

Dec 5, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Ok here is what it does after seemingly getting mostly thru the flashing process after about 5 minutes for whatever its worth...

"Failed flash process-phone(0000)error switching phone to BP passthrhough mode (0x70BE)-phone disconnected-executed 100% - Fail"

at this point the phone display still appears the flash is underway indefinately.

I am going to look into doing this in linux

Ronbo85

Dec 5, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Well I thought I just update everyone. I have now tried this on a windows xp machine to no avail. So now that makes it 4 different PC's 2 of them windows vista 1 window 7, 1 windows xp trying numerous copies of the 2.3.2 full sbf. I also tried rsd lite 4.7,4.8 & 4.9 as well as the 4.7 and 4.8 drivers. All give me the same result with a failed bp pass through message in my above post. After I reboot the phone and up with a code corrupt boot loader which I can fix by reflashing the bootloader sbf. I get the same end result with the linux. The only thing I notice is if I flash with the 2.3.2 system only sbf it seems to work successfully with any of the above combinations but all I end up is back in the bootloader again.

Everyone says if you see the motorola logo and can access the recovery menu that you do not have a brick and I get both of those. If there is some kind of update zip file I could use maybe with a stock recovery that a system will accept?

Sent from my DROIDX

Last edited:

newk8600

Aug 19, 2010
Northglenn
If there is some kind of update zip file I could use maybe with a stock recovery that a system will accept?

If the sbf's worked and you are back to stock you should be able to put the 2.3.20 sbf update.zip into stock recovery and if your system is stock it should go through. if you have something renamed or missing from your /system it won't work and you are at the same place you started.

Go here for the update.zip choose the first link in the first post for the download it should be the odexed update.zip.

(you can try the deodexed too if you would like but if this is gonna work I would think the odexed one will have a better chance.)

Then hopefully you have a card reader or some way of getting the file onto the root of your d2's sdcard. After it's on (or before, your choice) rename it to update.zip if it isn't the moto stock bootloader won't let the .zip through as you won't be able to choose the zip. It will just scan the root folder of your sdcard for "update.zip".

Hopefully that works and you can get this D2 running again.

Ronbo85

Dec 5, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Hi

To be clear the full 2.3.2 sbf has the BP pass through error & causes a code corrupt BL after I reboot. I then have reflash the BL and then I'm back the always boots the the BL problem. If I use the system only 2.3.2 sbf the flash has no errors but still boots to the BL only.

I already tried the 2 files on MDW from recovery renaming them to update.zip and got a signature verification error. My recovery is the stock one. I will try all this again when I get home just to be sure. Check out one of my last post in ur "flashing with Linux" thread.

Thank you again

Sent from my DROIDX

newk8600

Aug 19, 2010
Northglenn
Ok that's right. Sorry for telling you to do what you've done. That was the only way I could think of to do an update.zip and the only update.zip that would go through the stock recovery iff (if and only if) your system was clean but even then the problems you've been having point towards possibly a bigger hardware problem.

Sent from my DROID2 using XDA App

Ronbo85

Dec 5, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
HI, I just got home and I have a correction to what I said too. When I use the system only 2.3.2 sbf which gives no errors during the flash this is when I get...

Bootloader
D2.35
Err:A5,70,70,00,1F

MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Battery OK
OK to program
Connect USB
Data cable

It will only boot to this screen and I cant access recovery. If I retry the flash with the full 2.3.2 sbf I will get the switching to BP pass through error and fail message but I will be able to access recovery.

newk8600

Aug 19, 2010
Northglenn
When I use the system only 2.3.2 sbf which gives no errors during the flash this is when I get...
Bootloader
D2.35

That seems odd to me because after the 2.3.2 sbf you should be at the "D2.37" bootloader not in "D2.35". But maybe the system only sbf doesn't update the bootloader and the full sbf does?

Ronbo85

Dec 5, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Actually I have the 2.37 BL I copied and pasted some of that info in the post but none of the 2.3.2 sbf's ever changed the BL version. I have the sbf's for the BL as well and have tried both of them during this process. I can switch BL's at will, the BL sbf's have no trouble flashing.

What I just did now was flash the full 2.3.2 sbf (currently I have the 2.37BL) and got the usual error switching the BP passthrough then fail 100%. I pull the batt and get the code corrupt BL screen. I reflash the BL sbf and then it boots to the BL screen/ready to program with no errors & now I CAN access the recovery menu. So it seems part of the flash is taking hold. I have to agree there is some hardware problem. Last nite I thought I stumbled onto something when I read about SPrecovery but learned that was Droid1 only. Sounds like what I need to go further.

Thanks so much for your help

NOtanXDANoob

Mar 22, 2012
NY
Similar issue

Hello. I'm having a very similar issue. My post is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=23921408#post23921408
but I will copy pasta it at the end of this post because I'm cool like that.

I have a fully stock Droid R2D2 that I never screwed with, I tried to run the OTA update, and now I am stuck at the boot loader screen described below. After reading this entire thread, am I correct to think that if I copy this file: http://www.mydroidworld.com/topic/4...present-droid-2-2320-triple-threat/#post37316 that you mentioned, to my sd card and then do the hold-x while booting and go to the recovery bit, I will be able to restore my device?

My original Post:
Hello! I have been searching through the forums and have found several similar issues to mine, but I have some questions/concerns as to whether the solutions mentioned apply to exactly my situation.

I have a Motorola Droid R2D2 edition. I Did not do anything to it. I did not root, I did not side load anything, I did not try to roll back anything. I was minding my own business and received a message regarding a firmware update OTA. I assumed this was going to fix the horrible behavior introduced by the previous OTA, (random reboots etc) So excitedly.. I let it do its thing.

Big Mistake...

I think THIS: http://support.verizonwireless.com/p...droid_r2d2.pdf is the update I was installing.

Now it is stuck on a black boot loader screen. Here are my concerns about the other post.

1.) A similar problem was had with a normal Droid 2, but his boot loader was version D2.35 Mine says D2.37 Can I use the same tools that were mentioned here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=849658 ?

2.) My error code is different, his says Err:A5,70,00,1F Mine says A5,70,00,00,23
What does this code mean? These kinds of things intrigue me

3.) I do not have that mem_map message.

My screen looks exactly like this:

Bootloader
D2.37
Err:A5,70,00,00,23

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

Can I just do what the other guy did in the above mentioned post? Or do I have to do something else? I'd prefer not to take a 25 mile drive to the nearest Verizon store to beat them..err I mean.. ask them to re-flash it, if I can just do that myself.

P.S. Already tried a battery pull no luck :'(

bametz

Apr 18, 2012
Same issue!

I am experiencing the same issue as the gentleman who posted his:
Bootloader
D2.37
Err:A5,70,00,00,23

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

It's really annoying because my warranty is over and the download was automatic to my phone.. and now it doesn't work. Sigh.

armagedon0075

May 12, 2012
Dubno
Help! After a rollback to the stock firmware 2.2 through 2.3.4 RDS Lite, Motorola Droid 2 has stopped working, but you can bootloader on, it gives error:

Bootloader
D2.37

MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable

hondateg91

Nov 17, 2008
You'll have to wait till the 2.3.4 sbf files are released until you can fix it just like everyone in this thread has stated several times. You're better off just getting a new phone like I did.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, thank you for the reply. I know I made comments about my DX I have as well but to be clear this is a Droid 2 I am working on.
    Oh. In that case you need the 2.3.20 SBF found here http://droid2files.com/tools/VRZ_A955_2.3.20_1FF_01.sbf after you can get the phone charged. (If it helps the D2 has the same size battery as the D1 so you can swap/charge a D2 battery with a D2 or a D1.)
    Also try finding RSDLite 4.8 or 4.9 as they might work better for you. I'd give you a link but I Haven't flashed an SBF with RSDlite I just use linux.

Sent from my DROID2 using XDA App