We need to donate to devs so they fix this retarded Media Scanner issue

Search This thread

lviv73

Mar 3, 2010
Buffalo NY
All the roms except cm have this issue.All ya check your "Battery" in settings and see if "Media Server" process is eating up your battery.It should not be running period,but on my phone it uses 10-27 percent of my battery.

If your phone gets hot,most likely you have this problem.It usually starts after taking some videos or pictures.
Devs been ignoring this annoying problem,so i will throw in $20 to whoever fixes it.Hoping for other people to donate too.This is a serious problem on a lot of ics phones.But my Epic Touch 4g doesnt have that problem and Media Server process never runs on it like it does on my gs3-Thats how it supposed to be.

Ascertion

Mar 29, 2012
What rom are you on? To me it sounds like a corrupt media scanner. Apk.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

lviv73

Mar 3, 2010
Buffalo NY
What rom are you on? To me it sounds like a corrupt media scanner. Apk.

I had it on Blazer 1.6 and now on freshly intalled Blazer 1.7.
Other people having same problem check out my other thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1803938 .

I noticed that everything is fine but after i took some pictures and videos my phone got real hot,came home and checked my Battery stats and my Media Server service is at 27%.
Even now after i put .nomedia in every folder Media Server is still 4%.On my Epic Touch ics Media Server process never runs.

Ascertion

Mar 29, 2012
I have no Media Scaner apk in my /system/app folder,why you do?I just freshly installed new Blazer 1.7.

It might be media provider.apk. possibly secmediascanner.apk or secmediaprovider.apk. I'd try wiping the device completely, redownloading, then reflashing. (You can restore data after since the media scanner/provider is a /system app.)

Edit: on the epic touch, the cause of this was a theme that had included a wrongly compiled media scanner.apk.

hayzooos

Mar 10, 2011
Illinois
I'm on Freegs3 and don't have this showing up in battery at all. Do you have your media syncing to anything? Like an auto-upload to something, dropbox/box/G+/etc?

lviv73

Mar 3, 2010
Buffalo NY
It might be media provider.apk. possibly secmediascanner.apk or secmediaprovider.apk. I'd try wiping the device completely, redownloading, then reflashing. (You can restore data after since the media scanner/provider is a /system app.)

Edit: on the epic touch, the cause of this was a theme that had included a wrongly compiled media scanner.apk.

I always wipe everything 3 times,so that is not the problem.Maybe its just Blazer problem,or maybe i removed some apk that was needed when sliming down my rom.
Im about to try Sonic rom,i hear a lot of good things about it.

Oh and i said that i never have this problem on Epic Touch.

pizzlewizzle

Jun 24, 2012
New Orleans
I have 3% battery drain from Media Server on my phone.... I'm running FreeGS3... I havent triend any other ROMs so cant help you there

Ascertion

Mar 29, 2012
I've been running blazer for awhile now. 1.7 since it came out. I have really good battery. Took it off the charger an hour ago.

18811635-c4bb-1a73.jpg

18811635-c4c3-b58d.jpg

lviv73

Mar 3, 2010
Buffalo NY
I've been running blazer for awhile now. 1.7 since it came out. I have really good battery. Took it off the charger an hour ago.

Mine is gone completely sinse i put .nomedia files in my folders.But when its not acting up mine was at about 2-4% but sometimes it would go high as 10-30%.
I noticed that taking picture and videos on phones camera triggered this behavior.
Read my other thread(link at the top) on other people having this problem,gotta be a solution.

RPerry435

Nov 8, 2008
Yeah nothin here on 1.7 that shot is with 29min of screen time from full charge.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

RPerry435

Nov 8, 2008

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1344459049120.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1344459049120.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 125

lviv73

Mar 3, 2010
Buffalo NY

Yeam,mine was good at first too but later got messed up.Did you try recording a video and taking few pics?Try that and check your battery few minutes after.
Im trying to figure out what triggers it.There are posts all over the internet on this,so far no body figured out a fix only .nomedia file fix or deleting your media files.

Esoteric68

Jun 9, 2011
Hellabama
Yeam,mine was good at first too but later got messed up.Did you try recording a video and taking few pics?Try that and check your battery few minutes after.
Im trying to figure out what triggers it.There are posts all over the internet on this,so far no body figured out a fix only .nomedia file fix or deleting your media files.
No one ever wants to hear this, but, if you are having this issue across several ROMs then it's time to consider that perhaps it's an issue with your phone and not the ROMs.

lviv73

Mar 3, 2010
Buffalo NY
I read you removed 40 apps or so from Blazer. Maybe you removed an app that's needed?

I switched to Sonic rom and removed more than 40 apps and i dont have same problem!I know what apps to remove from Epic Touch,I slimed Sonic rom from 850mb to 480mb,and everything works great and no Media Scanner issues!Hope it stays this way.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-08-08-22-12-23.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-08-08-22-12-23.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I read you removed 40 apps or so from Blazer. Maybe you removed an app that's needed?