[Q] HTC DESIRE WITH HBOOT 0.98.2000 s-off , no custom roms working other than cm 7.1

Search This thread

ronE1

Mar 25, 2014
I have my htc Desire s with HBOOT 2.00.0002 unlocked bootloader form HTCDEV with S-OFF , i flashed CWM recovery 5.0 , i flashed cm 7.1 stable version and it worked. ;)

I dint want to get Stuck in gingerbread so i downloaded some other roms from XDA like JEllY FIRE , UnoffiCial CM 10.2 , Carbon ROm , PAc MAN ROM e.tc. ... i flashed cwm recovery version 5 , then wiped Data , Cache , and dalvik cache and Flashed the above roms , but no luck , the phone got stuck on HTC logo ... :confused:

So i thought of downgrading the Hboot Version .. and i used the tutorial from a site which told me to use the given attachment to downgrade hboot ,
now i have Hboot version 0.98.2000 (PG****) (as i am seeing) , and s-off , but still when i tried flashing unofficial cm 10.2 the phone got stuck on htc logo . :confused:

Please help i want to use Jelly bean ... i need a detailed tutorial or video link to get a good jelly bean rom working on my phone .... :(

Please Help soon :( :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Attachments

• PG88IMG.zip
    1 MB · Views: 23

teadrinker

Jun 7, 2012
I'm sorry, but no jb or kit-kat rom will work properly on your phone. Even if you get them to boot with one of those kernels mentioned in the thread, the brightness will not be adjustable. So unless you can live with that, you're stuck with cm7 or sense roms

SKENER

Feb 17, 2014
Mostar
Check this.You have hitachi panel and you need to flash MDDI kernel.Check Flinny site like this http://andromadus.flinny.org/?q=cm10_1 for JB but be careful some links don't work so find it yourself. In basic you can get brightness working on your phone.

Check all post with MDDI and find that kind of rom.
Sorry for your problem.
GL

ronE1

Mar 25, 2014
I'm sorry, but no jb or kit-kat rom will work properly on your phone. Even if you get them to boot with one of those kernels mentioned in the thread, the brightness will not be adjustable. So unless you can live with that, you're stuck with cm7 or sense roms

Can please link me on how to get the official ICS rom for Desire s back .. keeping CWN and S - OFF .

ronE1

Mar 25, 2014
Can i get a link to the MIDI kernel which i can flash so that i can use flinny's 10.1 rom ???? the link given in the above post was dead :(

ronE1

Mar 25, 2014
please provide a link to a rom which i can flash and get the stock ICS htc rom ... my hboot version is 7.**** .... which i upgraded today ... i am not pro i just want something which would solve the problem just by flashing

teadrinker

Jun 7, 2012
The simplest thing would be to flash some custom rom with HTC Sense, there are a few ics ones in the development section (with sense 3.6, like the stock ics, or with the newer sense 4/4.1)

teadrinker

Jun 7, 2012
Yes, as your phone is s-off now, just flash the rom in recovery (after wiping data, cache and Dalvik cache).
I really don't want to get into a discussion about which rom is "best", so I recommend you look in the development section for roms that say "sense 3.6" or "sense 4" or similar, and have quite recent comments in the threads; read at least the last few pages of the threads, and the op, to see if there are any known issues etc., then try one, if you don't like it, or want a change, try another one.

Reactions: ron2yee

ronE1

Mar 25, 2014
Yes, as your phone is s-off now, just flash the rom in recovery (after wiping data, cache and Dalvik cache).
I really don't want to get into a discussion about which rom is "best", so I recommend you look in the development section for roms that say "sense 3.6" or "sense 4" or similar, and have quite recent comments in the threads; read at least the last few pages of the threads, and the op, to see if there are any known issues etc., then try one, if you don't like it, or want a change, try another one.

its too confusing ... i am seeing that the sense ICS roms are having some WIFI and Front CAM not working issues :crying: please give me a link of a rom that's working without any such issues and is ICS ... Sense Version doesn't matter to me unless it's 3.0 + .... please give a link of a rom which you think will be most helpful to me right

THANKS AHEAD !!! :good:

teadrinker

Jun 7, 2012
Ok, I would use this rom as a starting point, but remember you can always make a nandroid backup, try a new rom, and return to the previous ROM by restoring the backup:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1679125

Recently, some people seem to be reporting issues with sms, but considering how long this rom has been there and how many people have used it, I think these issues are only affecting very few users

Reactions: ron2yee and ronE1

ron2yee

Jul 8, 2014
Is there a jb rom .... I know they don't support Hitachi panel but I heard that some midi kernerls are there which if I flash these roms will work

sent from HTC DESIRE S using venom Rom :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, I would use this rom as a starting point, but remember you can always make a nandroid backup, try a new rom, and return to the previous ROM by restoring the backup:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1679125

Recently, some people seem to be reporting issues with sms, but considering how long this rom has been there and how many people have used it, I think these issues are only affecting very few users