Problem with installing ROM. (newb)

Search This thread

Ephixi4

Jun 7, 2014
Hey guys!
First sorry if this is wrong subforum, or there is an anserw for my problem. I spent about 5 hours on trying to do this.
Firstly I'm a noob in this subject.

I want to flash rom X - Gamer or True Smooth. ( are they any good?)
And I flashed generic .62 on my phone (Xperia Arc ) but I don't know what to do next.
I tried doing all those drivers, CWM, kernel things but I'm just lost now.
I can't learn all the things in one day..

Can someone give me links to best versions of things I need and say step by step how to do it? (or link to good toutorial)

Thank you so much for any help guys!
~ J

ellek1

Jul 29, 2013
you need first flash kernel, then you must open cwm and set your zip file of rom from your sd card :)

Ephixi4

Jun 7, 2014
So I need to paste it on SD card in zip? K.
When I'm trying to flash it in fastboot mode that appears "ERROR - This action can only be done in fastboot mode"

Someguyfromhell

Feb 2, 2012
Do you have unlocked bootloader?
You have to place the ROM .zip file on the SDcard.

Depending on the bootloader status, you have to either install custom kernel for CWM Recovery or install one in system partition, latter being more riskier.

Ephixi4

Jun 7, 2014
Do you have unlocked bootloader?
You have to place the ROM .zip file on the SDcard.

Depending on the bootloader status, you have to either install custom kernel for CWM Recovery or install one in system partition, latter being more riskier.

Yup I've gott my bootlader unlocked.
So what next after placing .zip file on SD?

"- Copy ROM setup file to SD card
- Enter CWM and choose the setup file
- Follow instruction in AROMA installer, customize the ROM as you like and click Install. NOTICE: in Extra section, unchecked item means you don't like it to install with this ROM, so it will be removed if it's already existed (in case you re-install the ROM)"

These are isntructions, so how do I intall CWM correctly?

Phone is rooted, I've got recoveyx on it and i installed CWM for GB. But I can't acces recovery mode. I spammed back button, volume down, hold it..
Please help..

Last edited:

Someguyfromhell

Feb 2, 2012
If you have unlocked bootloader, get custom kernel for GB (LuPuS or DooMKernel), flash it in fastboot mode, get into the recovery, factory reset, wipe /system and then install zip from sdcard and choose the ROM zip.

Having unlocked bootloader and then rooting phone, installing CWM via an app is useless, time-wasting and caused many issues.

Reactions: bejunk

Ephixi4

Jun 7, 2014
Okay I'm lost again.. I flashed Lupus and my phone didn't want to start. Blue led flashed but screen was still black..
now I've got android version 2.3.4 (4.0.2.A.0.62) generic.

Bootloader is unlocked (100% sure)
Which kernel should I choose to make this work?

Sorry I'm so nooby in this subject
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
K I kindof sorted everything. Thx for help! :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you have unlocked bootloader, get custom kernel for GB (LuPuS or DooMKernel), flash it in fastboot mode, get into the recovery, factory reset, wipe /system and then install zip from sdcard and choose the ROM zip.

Having unlocked bootloader and then rooting phone, installing CWM via an app is useless, time-wasting and caused many issues.