• Total voters
Search This thread

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
Hello guys..:)
I would like you to go through XDA new users guide and you must read the FORUM RULES before posting here or anywhere else on xda.

The rate at which the new users are joining xda on daily basis is very high. A lot of users join because they have got some problems with their devices like bricked phone, bootloops etc. because of following incorrect processes. Some join to help out others, to share their knowledge and gain more.

So basically this thread is for all of those who want to ask questions and answer those.

So those who want to help here, just try to answer without flaming, let it be answered thousands of times earlier, show them the path, direction and let them do things on their own. Do not spoon feed, rather just try to point them to right direction.

This whole idea is of @undercover and the former OP Bruce Wayne and I thank him.

To The people asking questions here, don't forget to check for the links from 2nd post. That will help you increase your knowledge, and do answer the questions asked by others if you know the answer. Please don't simply say thanks if some member helps you, instead use the thanks button, that will help us keep this thread less cluttered.

Last edited:

Droidriven

Jan 27, 2014
NC
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III
HTC Thunderbolt
Last edited:
B

Bruce Wayne

i want to know how to decrypt/encrypt the shell(.sh) file of clockworkrecoverymod(cwm) for xperia 2011 devices...is there any tool i am missing

Hey sorry for not replying,
As I am not in scripting, I am completely unaware of such things. I tried hard with the search but couldn't find anything useful. I didn't reply because I was expecting a reply from someone with answer. I saw your thread but it is also unanswered.
You can try asking help from the people in your section working on kernels and shell scripts.
Thanks.

A Hero Can Be Anyone. GENERAL HELP THREAD

Reactions: biliolerkes

piper5by5

May 1, 2013
Hi, I've got a Samsung Galaxy S2 and I've got this problem where it freezes upon reaching the "4G" logo on startup. I looked online for answers and someone recommended to "Odin a stock ROM from your PC", and then they posted a link to this site. Now, I have no idea how to Odin, or what a stock ROM is, so could anyone help me out?

mark manning

Sr. Mod / Mod Committee
Staff member
Apr 7, 2010
Nusquam et ubique
B

Bruce Wayne

Hi, I've got a Samsung Galaxy S2 and I've got this problem where it freezes upon reaching the "4G" logo on startup. I looked online for answers and someone recommended to "Odin a stock ROM from your PC", and then they posted a link to this site. Now, I have no idea how to Odin, or what a stock ROM is, so could anyone help me out?

Yes.
Welcome to XDA.

Please go to your device's forum using the search your device box from site. type samsung galaxy s2 and choose your device from the options. Look for the stock odin firmwares thread there. Download the one from your region, see the instructions given on flashing there. If you don't understand the instructions, check out youtube videos for that.
Odin is a easy process and just needs instructions to be followed correctly. ;)

And inform us here when you recover your phone again.

CliffordKT

Apr 21, 2013
I just received factory warranty replacement I want root using toolkit V7.3.2 download from XDA i think... Got another one as well SRS one click root both paid for neither will work DID a factory update was 4.1.1 now 4.1.2 i get into Odin and it fails halfway through loading the first step please help only want root nothing special.
Also: after installing drivers it tells me when plugged into the computer windows 7 "hardware ID is missing"

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367456855117.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367456855117.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 3,826
Last edited:
Dec 18, 2012
Hi guys! as you can see I am new here :)
I posted a question in a old thread whose topic was similar to my question but no one answered(cmon! i followed the rules!!!)
This annoyed me a lot, those who preach these rules dont bother to help those who keep it up, I am glad a thread like this is here.

So here I am with my question:
I own a samsung galaxy grand

So i installed the Cyanogenmod 10.1

But I am unable to make calls, it says turn off airplane mode, which i did, rebooted and all

here is the weird part:
I CAN receive calls from other phones but cannot make calls because my phone is still in airplane mode even i removed it from airplane mode.

So can anyone help me?

B

Bruce Wayne

I just received factory warranty replacement I want root using toolkit V7.3.2 download from XDA i think... Got another one as well SRS one click root both paid for neither will work DID a factory update was 4.1.1 now 4.1.2 i get into Odin and it fails halfway through loading the first step please help only want root nothing special.
Also: after installing drivers it tells me when plugged into the computer windows 7 "hardware ID is missing"

Hi,
Make sure you close samsung kies when you try to use odin.
As for flashing anything from odin, you will need to boot into download mode (vol. Down + power + home) after switching phone off. Then press vol. up, you will see a warning, first and after that comes the downloading screen.

Now make sure drivers are installed correctly, open odin, and now connect phone with usb cable, wait for some time till it shows a yellow box saying COM : ID xxx , something like that and now you can flash relevent files through relevent options. Wait for pass (green) signal and you're done.

Hi guys! as you can see I am new here :)
I posted a question in a old thread whose topic was similar to my question but no one answered(cmon! i followed the rules!!!)
This annoyed me a lot, those who preach these rules dont bother to help those who keep it up, I am glad a thread like this is here.

So here I am with my question:
I own a samsung galaxy grand

So i installed the Cyanogenmod 10.1

But I am unable to make calls, it says turn off airplane mode, which i did, rebooted and all

here is the weird part:
I CAN receive calls from other phones but cannot make calls because my phone is still in airplane mode even i removed it from airplane mode.

So can anyone help me?

That seems crazy, if it shows flight mode, you should also not be able to recieve calls. Seems a problem with the rom. Try wiping cache/dalvick cache /data from cwm/twrp and see if it fixes the bug. If not contact the rom developer or flash another/stock rom and reflash CM 10.1 to see if the problem persists.

Also welcome. ;)

CliffordKT

Apr 21, 2013
Close Samsung Kies.... By disabling or forcing it to stop?

B

Bruce Wayne

Will try as soon as possible, thank you for your help. At work gotta remove and install vct...

Inform us if you are successfull or not:) Also use the button whenever you want to say thanks or if someone helps you. It makes thread less cluttered with all thanks you for help posts. Also do read op of this thread again, and see links from my signature. It will help you to gain some more knowledge on xda.
Good luck with the flashing :thumbup::thumbup:

B

Bruce Wayne

I have this thread here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=40951364#post40951364

Where I was stuck at the "Samsung" logo, and now I have used Odin to stock and it says PASS yet i am stuck on the screen with the Android and the spinning stuff in his chest and the bar on the bottom moving.

It is stuck on this screen

I have no idea what to do now or how to get my stuff back.

Well, I have gone through your thread. Please can you confirm if it is same result with different firmware? If the problem still persists, please take your phone to service centre. Act as dumb and don't let them know that you have tried rooting. They will get it fixed for you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    would it be good idea to get poco x5? i just want to try different custom roms.

i only found these roms.
    1. crdroid
    2. projectelixiros
    3. evolution-x
    will other roms be available in the future like pixelexperience , pixelos, lineageOs and others?
    Thanks.
    none of us have a crystal Ball. You may also have better luck on the thread below.
    hello, hope this is where i need to be and i thank you in advance for any help i receive because i am so confused and don't know where to start. so in dec 2021 i bought my f9212b vertical android head unit off of ebay and my boyfriend installed it for me. everything is working but its super slow and if what im reading is correct it hasn't had an update since i put it in. so that's pretty much where im at. i don't know where or how to update firmware or software or if i have to. i have my google account signed into the unit but the auto android update is enabled but im not totally sure that its current either\. its super slow. just a head start on my next question after i figure the software firmware stuff out... not a clue what the protocol name for my canbus is. its a 2016 Hyundai elantra, haven't been able to use this thing to the best of its abilities and i would like to figure it out after all this time.
    Since 2016 to our days, Android versions changed the play rules a lot, when this units were launched, considering that they usually came with an outdated version (1 or 2 back), out of the box, and they expected to, hopefully, just one Android update, so for our days they may run really slow...

While you wait for a better answer here, from a more experienced user, you would redirect to the Head Units Forum, you may find alternative answers for your issue there.
    Hi, I am trying to root an Infinix x650 I have unlocked OEM and flashing but can't find a reliable recovery file. Can you help me find it. Also I've come across terms like "flashing recovery", "flashing boot image", "flashing kernel", "flashing twrp". Can you explain the difference
    I came across this guide which details how to root and flash on your device. As I don't have your device there, make sure you read everything carefully (which you should always do, anyway) and backup everything etc. before you start.

Twrp is a custom version of a recovery so you can put those 2 in the same pile. With that, you'll be able to flash things like ROMs, as in the guide above. Other than that, you'll basically have no reason to flash the others and definitely not if you don't know what you're doing with them. You should only flash and modify what you understand in the first place so just do research and read, read, read before doing anything

would it be good idea to get poco x5? i just want to try different custom roms.

i only found these roms.
    1. crdroid
    2. projectelixiros
    3. evolution-x
    will other roms be available in the future like pixelexperience , pixelos, lineageOs and others?
    Thanks.
    If you only want to try different custom ROMs then don't get any modern phone. The android modding world has changed a hell of a lot in recent years and most devices don't have many custom ROMs available.
    Look in the device forums for the most popular phones in the last couple years and you'll see what I mean.
    For the most part, rooting and installing different modules with Magisk is what most people do now as it's much more straight forward than flashing a ROM and won't have as much bloat as you can pick and choose what customisation you would like, via different modules
    You didn´t mention the model, and what you did previously, to cause this happen.
    My guess is that he was trying to do the magisk root
    hi, are there any custom roms for the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime (G361F) in particular, thanks in advance.
    Hello guys..:)
    I would like you to go through XDA new users guide and you must read the FORUM RULES before posting here or anywhere else on xda.

The rate at which the new users are joining xda on daily basis is very high. A lot of users join because they have got some problems with their devices like bricked phone, bootloops etc. because of following incorrect processes. Some join to help out others, to share their knowledge and gain more.

So basically this thread is for all of those who want to ask questions and answer those.

So those who want to help here, just try to answer without flaming, let it be answered thousands of times earlier, show them the path, direction and let them do things on their own. Do not spoon feed, rather just try to point them to right direction.

This whole idea is of @undercover and the former OP Bruce Wayne and I thank him.

To The people asking questions here, don't forget to check for the links from 2nd post. That will help you increase your knowledge, and do answer the questions asked by others if you know the answer. Please don't simply say thanks if some member helps you, instead use the thanks button, that will help us keep this thread less cluttered.
    [Ask Any Question] [Help Thread] NOOB FRIENDLY

Here are the names of some of my friends helping you on the thread.(Updated often)
    @iamareebjamal
    @Zatta
    @dagger (the original OP of this thread)
    @Stryke_the_Orc
    @prototype-U
    @EatHeat
    @nlygamz
    @plegdroid
    @Gogeta
    @malybru
    @Jimlarck
    @ADDICT.ANK
    @Primokorn
    @luqman98
    @hnkotnis
    @thenookieforlife3
    @ИΘΘK¡€
    @Sam Nakamura
    @xunholyx

@SubwayChamp

@ktmom

@Ibuprophen

Please do let me know if I have missed some names..:)

For a list of guides,refer here.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2073370
    Thanks to @Hpsgill

Atlast

Please dont spam the thread..​
    Hi mate!
    Nice to see a much needed thread like this here.. hope new members as well as old ones find this thread useful! :thumbup:

"To err is human, to forgive is divine"
    Sent from my SGS II