TCPMP WMV9 Fix (Orb Fix)

Search This thread

doc_lee

Aug 10, 2006
Some people are having issues getting WMV9 in TCPMP working with WM6, particularly those of us who are trying to use TCPMP with Orb and are getting a nasty WMV9/WMA9 not supported error. This is because WM6 includes newer versions of the WMV and WMA codecs, which are named differently than WM5's codecs. Orb does work with WMP Mobile 10 and Conduits Pocket Player, but the video is incredibly jerky for some reason which I haven't been able to nail down yet, and I doubt I'll look into the matter anymore now that this works.

The fix is simple...just drag the old WM5 codecs into your Windows/ directory and reinstall TCPMP. After that, you should be able to use TCPMP to watch your orb stream (Windows asx stream on Orb 2.0).

I've included the codecs here in this post. This fix was tested using the Most Beautiful ROM. Let me know if it works for the other ROMs.

Doc

new2city

Jul 17, 2006
Malacca
Funny, I just found out that I had this problem and here you are... thanks.. Just goes to show the powers of this forum..

eksekki

Mar 26, 2006
Thanks!

Thank You! =)

Now I can watch my news streams again which the crap Windows Media "Player" couldn't play! I don't think you have to reinstall TCPMP though, I just copied the dll files and did a soft reset (probably necessary) and everything works. If only there was a way to stop the 0.81 TCPMP from switching to portrait mode on launch then everything would be perfect...

Edit: just noticed this was a Wizard forum. This fix works with Universal WM6 as well (Jwrightmcps Crossbow ROM Update 2.02.00 WWE).

Last edited:

Kip129

Jun 21, 2007
New York
Thank you very much doc_lee. I was going crazy trying to figure out why my TCPMP wasn't playing sound after I updated my Dash with WM6. Cheers!

vua777

Jun 13, 2005
Great fix!, it works again!
no soft reset, no reinstall!

Thanks bro!

elpaso

Jul 19, 2007
sweeeeeeeeet, what a cooool job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! works great on my artemis with bb 3.7 WM6 ROM

Flookyish

Aug 18, 2007
I can now sleep

Been at this for 3 hrs, finally registered on this site and copied the dlls, and it works!

Thanks alot.