[Q] SBF Flash Error - FEBE 0047

Search This thread

strakajagr

May 26, 2008
So I have read thoroughly and have exhausted every solution I can find, to no avail. That said, here is what I'm dealing with:

I am trying to flash my D2G with the .330 SBF file.

Just so there is no confusion. I am using full admin rights: I got to rsd.exe in the folder, shift-rgt click, etc.

For full discloser, on the bootloader screen (up arrow + power) it says:
Bootloader
D2.35

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect to USB
Data Cable

Upon flashing I get this error:
ERROR: Phone[0000]: Error sending JUMP command Device API Error: 0xE0020047 Address: 0x82000000 Command: JUMP - on device ID 0.

I have tried putting the sbf file in every suggested folder (my docs, root, root/moto, etc) Nothing works.

My USB is 2.0 so that isn't the issue.

Can anyone help break through this wall? I have been reading and trying for hours. I wouldn't post here unless it was an absolute last resort. Thank you in advance for helping.

jbroderick

Aug 20, 2008
Houston, TX
So I have read thoroughly and have exhausted every solution I can find, to no avail. That said, here is what I'm dealing with:

I am trying to flash my D2G with the .330 SBF file.

Just so there is no confusion. I am using full admin rights: I got to rsd.exe in the folder, shift-rgt click, etc.

For full discloser, on the bootloader screen (up arrow + power) it says:
Bootloader
D2.35

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect to USB
Data Cable

Upon flashing I get this error:
ERROR: Phone[0000]: Error sending JUMP command Device API Error: 0xE0020047 Address: 0x82000000 Command: JUMP - on device ID 0.

I have tried putting the sbf file in every suggested folder (my docs, root, root/moto, etc) Nothing works.

My USB is 2.0 so that isn't the issue.

Can anyone help break through this wall? I have been reading and trying for hours. I wouldn't post here unless it was an absolute last resort. Thank you in advance for helping.
Confirm that your SBF file is not corrupt. Try downloading it from a different source and check hashes

strakajagr

May 26, 2008
I have tried 3 sbf's thus far. 2 .330's (from different locations) and 1 .290. The error message is always the same. I'm not sure if it matters, but I have clockword mod installed on my phone as well as Fission.

jbroderick

Aug 20, 2008
Houston, TX
I'm not sure if having Mods and roms who affect your phone. But just incase have you tried clearing the cache,data,partition from the recovery menu?

strakajagr

May 26, 2008
I have... again, no luck. It just appears that rsd lite flat out can't communicate with my phone even though it definitely SEES the phone when it's connected. For the life of me I can't figure out why. I found ONE thread on another site where someone posted the same error and reported the same problem. Someone linked him to a boiler plate SBF installation instruction page, which obviously I have tried unsuccessfully several times. It's killing me knowing that there is so much more performance in my phone that I just can't get. My original Droid outperformed this POS. UGH

jbroderick

Aug 20, 2008
Houston, TX
That certainly is frustrating. The only thing I can think of is trying a different USB cable that is shielded or otherwise, or another computer/OS maybe it's causing a error. If you've already tried that with no results, all I can say is sorry man and keep trying.

cranky_dan

Sep 14, 2010
I was just reading this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1236781 where the final poster said there are a couple of bad .330 sbfs circulating the web, and that the best way around it was to try to sbf a .29 and then ipdate from there.

BTW, op, I agree. My droid one can kick my D2G's ass blindfolded.

Good luck,
Dan

kurpter

Jun 14, 2007
Hi mate, i have had this issue before, please try this as this is the way around my issue =

follow this link and download the rar file (http://www.multiupload.com/FIW8B8TJ7I), flash this file (using rdslite 4.9 , Make sure it is rds lite 4.9!) = http://www.mediafire.com/file/9c6u55c26e1h9y1/RSD Lite 4.9.rar

Being on clock work etc... wont make a differnce but to put your phone in boot loader mode, please do it this way and not the other loaders way.

turn off the phone, press and hold the up and down volume buttons together (make sure you are pressing and holding them down together keep them hold down and dont let go) press the power button while still holding the volume buttons and wait till bootloader comes and then let go, onces it says it in there

Launch RSDLite (make sure device appears in window)
Select SBF (doesnt matter where the file is, just point it to the right place)
click start.

Once it gets to 100% , pull it out and restart the phone (it should reboot it normally but I find it doesn't always do it) so either unplug and let it reboot or pull the battery out and reboot, fingers crossed it will boot in to stock and then you can upgrade from there.

gjohnhazel

Jan 29, 2010
"No such file or directory" help!

Hello,

I am having issues following these instructions as a part of the instructions from
droidforums' root-droid-1-regardless-os-version
after running this:

chmod +x sbf_flash

Then running

sudo ./sbf_flash update.zip

I get the following:

gjohnhazel@gjohnhazel-laptop ~ $ sudo ./sbf_flash update.zip
[sudo] password for gjohnhazel:
SBF FLASH 1.24 (mbm)
opticaldelusion

update.zip: No such file or directory
Usage: sbf_flash <filename>

My Droid is plugged in, with update.zip in the root of the SD Card and Bootloader 2C.7C with Transfer Mode set to USB.

Can anyone help?

Note: Where it says "opticaldelusion" it's actually the link, but I'm not allowed to have hyperlinks in this message.

Gasai Yuno

May 11, 2011
Rausu
sbf_flash is used to load an SBF image (which should be stored on your PC for sbf_flash to access it) into your phone.

It's not a tool to flash OTA/normal update packages.

To flash a normal update.zip you need to use either stock (for stock firmware updates) or ClockworkMod Recovery (for custom ROMs).