DISCONTINUED [DEV][WIP] ICS / CM9 (4.0.4) Alpha 5 - 3.1 kernel

Search This thread

Merxthik

Aug 18, 2011
Hi. I tested last update alpha 3 and works very well.

I tried games with last release like the two others but we still have the same problem, the games doesn't work because the screen starts to flash and u should close the game.

I hope we can fix that bug because the others things was fixed for now!

Thanks for your nice work.

Merxthik

sader0

Sep 3, 2010
I do confirm there are issues with some games like: death rally, anomaly, gta3, soulcraft etc.
However some games work fine.
Other than that this is wonderfull rom. Thanks again developers !

nic333

Dec 17, 2010
MTP driver for WIN XP FIXED

This is how I have solved the problem:
I have one desktop with win XP 32 bit and one notebook with win 7 32 bit, when I connected miniUSB cable from folio100 to win 7 the pc auto installed the ADB and MTP drivers to view internal memory and sd memory through the pc. When I connected miniUSB cable from folio100 to win xp install correctly the ADB driver, but the MTP USB Device has a yellow triangle in Device Manager and device status says "This device cannot start". So I have installed the last version of Samsung Kies Kies_2.2.0.12014_18_7.exe that install samsung MTP driver. Retray to connect folio100 but there is the same problem. So I have opened the file ssudmtp.inf in the folder Program files\Samsung\USB Drivers\25_escape and in the section [SSUD.NTx86.5.1] because my win xp is 32 bit, I added
%USB\SAMSUNG_MOBILE&MTP.Desc% = ssud.Install, USB\VID_0955&PID_7100
Then retray to connect folio100 but there is the same problem. So I opened Device Manager, right click on MTP USB Device with yellow triangle and select reinstall driver and manually go to the file ssudmtp.inf and magically the MTP device named GT-P7510 works with internal memory and sd memory folders http://media.xda-developers.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

I hope that sameone find usefull this post. Bye.

sader0

Sep 3, 2010
It's mounted to the /mnt/external_sd/ folder. If you cannot find it, you should set the home directory in your file browser to / or /mnt/ instead of /sdcard.

By the way, how it is possible to change the mounting point? When I change it in the vold.fstab the sdcard should be pulled out then inserted again after boot to be mounted there.

I'm using Estrongs File explorer. Once you enere the program - u can access mounted point by pressing star button(favorites) at the top left corner - this is the easiest way :)

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 AM ----------

Anyone has a solution to the language switch on stock ICS keyboard ?

Arthur_Geek

Dec 9, 2010
Pau
e-loquens.fr
I have two issues with the last release.

First, battery indicator never goes under 15%. My Folio just goes off without a warning.
I already had this issue with the previous release.

Secondly, I think the sound of the speaker is a bit crappy with the new release. Is it just me?

I didn't wipe, maybe I should...

Anyway, congratulations for this amazing port ;)

DerArtem

Apr 13, 2010
Bad Homburg
Hi,

I have two issues with the last release.

First, battery indicator never goes under 15%. My Folio just goes off without a warning.
I already had this issue with the previous release.

This is already fixed in the current git.

Secondly, I think the sound of the speaker is a bit crappy with the new release. Is it just me?

Yes, there is some kind of problem in the audio lib, which we have not worked out yet...

I didn't wipe, maybe I should...

This would not help with the audio issues.

Anyway, congratulations for this amazing port ;)

Folio4me

Feb 19, 2011
pdf reader

Since alpha 3 the pdf reader are very slow. Alpha 1 was quite good. Is there a hardware acceleration missing?

painkiller_93

Jan 5, 2012
Valladolid
I've found a temporal solution to games crashing. If you go to Settings->developer options->backgroung process limit->no background process, games won't crash, so I guess the problem is related to the RAM maganement

bartsled

Jul 26, 2009
I have some an audio related bug. When using BSPlayer Lite for streaming from my Popcorn Hour the audio clicks and pops every now and then. I'm streaming avi's and listening through earphones. Previous to this rom i was using Nopy's latest release and didn't have this problem.

Let me know if i can help with bugreports or something like that.

justsomeone

Jul 8, 2008
I've found a temporal solution to games crashing. If you go to Settings->developer options->backgroung process limit->no background process, games won't crash, so I guess the problem is related to the RAM maganement

That's not working for me. I have tried Fruit Ninja THD, GTA and Death Rally and they didn't work with that option

kgerva

Sep 8, 2009
Hi,

I cheched you tricks, and the situation is better. Some game (ie. BUG VILLAGE) did'nt crash, other (ie ZEN Pinball THD) crash always.

I think that the problem is in the Management of the RAM.

In the Alpha 1 version I can play the game without crash
In Alpha 2 and 3 I have the crash.

Bye

DodgeBullets

Apr 26, 2011
Oeiras
I have some an audio related bug. When using BSPlayer Lite for streaming from my Popcorn Hour the audio clicks and pops every now and then. I'm streaming avi's and listening through earphones. Previous to this rom i was using Nopy's latest release and didn't have this problem.

Let me know if i can help with bugreports or something like that.

I have the same problem on every thing i Play on bsplayer music, vídeo, etc on alpha 1 issue Was there, alpha 2 was solved (switch to audio lib from ventana)
on alpha 3 issue is back (back to custom audio lib)

On my opinion ventana worked better' no issues on sound And overall volume was higher than with custom sound lib

Sent from my Folio using xda premium

Kostia

Dec 20, 2005
Since first Alpha, I thought that the lack of free memory was something ICS-related as with CM7 the tablet had 250/270MB of free RAM, with ICS the free memory is 130MB.
The tablet was fast, so I didn't noticed any problem with this little amount of free memory (I thought: ICS with hardware acceleration requires less memory).

But... Last trick shows that some games are not playable because of RAM.
We need more free memory :)

Top Liked Posts