[OFFICIAL][ROM]AOKP-JB for the d2vzw

Search This thread

kwes1020

Apr 19, 2011
Port Arthur, Texas
If something is broke or not functioning properly please let me know.

aokptitleblue-1.png

Checkout the ROM Features list here.
Checkout the comprehensive FAQ by Brainfire.

changelog-2.png

You can find the latest changelogs at the AOKP site.

• Changelog: 8-20-2012
  • Add the following cherry-picks from AOKP Gerrit (thanks Brandon McAnsh)
  • Ib50d7484track d2vzw
  • I628668e1Add NT_MODE's for NETWORK_MODE's 8 and 10
  • Icf45a66dRadioInfo: Update the network type listing
  • I934f1835CDMA NV mode OTA dialogs
  • Idea2dad2Add d2vzw to the game
  • Added the following commit from Nitroz
  • I01941fc1Fixed the sync toggle icon as the previous one was a little off
  • Brought in all new merged changes from AOKP Source as of 8-20-2012 11:12pm CST

installation-1.png

• Make sure you're on the latest CWM
  • MAKE A NANDROID
  • wipe data/factory reset in recovery
  • flash ROM
  • flash Gapps
  • reboot

downloads-4.png

xoomdev has picked up building for this device. So I will link his builds so he can keep an eye on this thread for feedback. So thank him not me.
Latest build

GAPPS

contribute-1.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to xoomdev
Donate to kwes1020
Donate to Whitehawkx
Donate to Roman
Donate to Zaphoid-Beeble
Donate to Protekk
Donate to Sethyx

Donate to CyanogenMod

Every donation is cherished and loved.
If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!

source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.
Our gerrit is a great way to stay up to date on the latest changes. http://gerrit.sudoservers.com
Kwes1020's personal github

If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!

Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.

But to contact me I am easy to find on twitter @kwes1020 since I hardly use irc.

Last edited:

Stryker1297

Jun 22, 2012
Holly Spring
just like that i can sleep in peace... also, 3g is cwerky but its not an issue since i live next to a 4g tower. just switched to cdma only in data options to test it. thought you or whoever takes and maintains this device should know.

Last edited:
Reactions: ice.candi

jgrimberg1979

May 16, 2010
D.C
Does this build have the hardware button patch like cm? It allows you to for instance assign long press menu for in app search. Long press home to.... And so forth

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Stryker1297

Jun 22, 2012
Holly Spring
Does this have the MMS fix ? (Where a reboot wouldn't loose your number)

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 4G LTE

aaaahhhhh... okay. i will say this once. stop freaking asking about it unless you are willing to test it yourself, or can fix it yourself. and if it isnt, dont ask about it every goddanm build dude. the dev will state it when it is fixed. good day, and stop asking stupid questions.

Reactions: syborg

salas2324

Jan 11, 2011
Houston
www.myascend.org
aaaahhhhh... okay. i will say this once. stop freaking asking about it unless you are willing to test it yourself, or can fix it yourself. and if it isnt, dont ask about it every goddanm build dude. the dev will state it when it is fixed. good day, and stop asking stupid questions.

OK first of all, I'm just asking if ever time I reboot do I have to fix MMS myself (which I do know how) or if it has the fix already, (like unofficial cm10) there's nothing wrong with me asking! I do not see it in the change log or the thread it self so I MUST ask as I do not have unlimited data and to download this I have to make sure it has the one thing I care about. I'm not new to android let alone ROMs. You might think I was talking about IMEI but I have that backed up too and never had to use it.

Edit: THIS IS THE FIRST BUILD WTF ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT "stop asking EVERY god damn build dude" and stupid questions? Really? Me not seeing anywhere on here about MMS and phone number reboot problem mean im asking a stupid question?? You sir, are a noob..

Last edited:
Reactions: goldsmitht

kwes1020

Apr 19, 2011
Port Arthur, Texas
I'm pretty much following a combination of cm's device tree and our own d2tmo trees. So if cm updates or adds something directly related to vendor/device setups I add it too. Most of the major changes I've made is to adjust the trees to use our aokp vendor setups.

As the op states I do not own or have access to this device, I was building for friends and decided to share it. So if something is broken you need to let me know so I can look it over.

Our aokp feature lists and change logs are not up to date since we haven't released any official jb builds yet. But this build is pretty much close to what build 1 official will be.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

salas2324

Jan 11, 2011
Houston
www.myascend.org
Here's the feature list, since you guys can't click a link:

https://sites.google.com/site/androidopenkangproject/feature-lsit

^^^^^click that^^^^^^

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I already checked that BEFORE I posted. I didn't find anything

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

No point in not collaborating. Wasted effort on both parts if they are trying to fix the same problems.

OK. This guy is the real deal. Its just not official since he doesn't have the device. But he is an official. That guy i think is just someone who ported it. There's your point on not collab. And no efforts being waisted

sasquatch080

Oct 31, 2011
springdale
Great work. Everything seems to work just fine. At least what I use the phone for. Camera, check. Data, check. Google now, check. MMS. check. Stable data, check. Will try tether tomorrow. Thank You.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 Verizon unlocked booty.

salas2324

Jan 11, 2011
Houston
www.myascend.org
I'm pretty much following a combination of cm's device tree and our own d2tmo trees. So if cm updates or adds something directly related to vendor/device setups I add it too. Most of the major changes I've made is to adjust the trees to use our aokp vendor setups.

As the op states I do not own or have access to this device, I was building for friends and decided to share it. So if something is broken you need to let me know so I can look it over.

Our aokp feature lists and change logs are not up to date since we haven't released any official jb builds yet. But this build is pretty much close to what build 1 official will be.

Thanks for the info! I have a question though. The official Cm (at least for d2vzw) doesn't have the MMS and RIL (I think that's what's it called) fix (unofficial does) so every time I reboot would I have to do the temp MMS fix? Or do you now know since you don't own this awesome device? :p

kwes1020

Apr 19, 2011
Port Arthur, Texas
No point in not collaborating. Wasted effort on both parts if they are trying to fix the same problems.

As I said in the op I will be posting my trees up to github soon so anyone can use them. And hopefully get y'all a maintainer. If you notice the other post you linked to is not up to date right now and I have lots of updated source past his last build.

I do this for fun and to learn, nothing else. I do not intend on being the maintainer for this device as I do not even have Verizon I'm just sharing.

kwes1020

Apr 19, 2011
Port Arthur, Texas
Thanks for the info! I have a question though. The official Cm (at least for d2vzw) doesn't have the MMS and RIL (I think that's what's it called) fix (unofficial does) so every time I reboot would I have to do the temp MMS fix? Or do you now know since you don't own this awesome device? :p

Tbh I'm not sure I'm about to go look for the commits they are cherry picking so I can compare.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If something is broke or not functioning properly please let me know.

aokptitleblue-1.png

Checkout the ROM Features list here.
    Checkout the comprehensive FAQ by Brainfire.

changelog-2.png

You can find the latest changelogs at the AOKP site.

• Changelog: 8-20-2012
    • Add the following cherry-picks from AOKP Gerrit (thanks Brandon McAnsh)
    • Ib50d7484track d2vzw
    • I628668e1Add NT_MODE's for NETWORK_MODE's 8 and 10
    • Icf45a66dRadioInfo: Update the network type listing
    • I934f1835CDMA NV mode OTA dialogs
    • Idea2dad2Add d2vzw to the game
    • Added the following commit from Nitroz
    • I01941fc1Fixed the sync toggle icon as the previous one was a little off
    • Brought in all new merged changes from AOKP Source as of 8-20-2012 11:12pm CST

installation-1.png

• Make sure you're on the latest CWM
    • MAKE A NANDROID
    • wipe data/factory reset in recovery
    • flash ROM
    • flash Gapps
    • reboot

downloads-4.png

xoomdev has picked up building for this device. So I will link his builds so he can keep an eye on this thread for feedback. So thank him not me.
    Latest build

GAPPS

contribute-1.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to xoomdev
    Donate to kwes1020
    Donate to Whitehawkx
    Donate to Roman
    Donate to Zaphoid-Beeble
    Donate to Protekk
    Donate to Sethyx

Donate to CyanogenMod

Every donation is cherished and loved.
    If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!

source-2.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.
    Our gerrit is a great way to stay up to date on the latest changes. http://gerrit.sudoservers.com
    Kwes1020's personal github

If you'd like to help with AOKP, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'd love to get as many developers in on this as possible!

Best way to help out or contact us is via IRC.

But to contact me I am easy to find on twitter @kwes1020 since I hardly use irc.
    As you have heard, the device has been officially added to our support list. So expect to find the nightlies and official builds as the rest of the devices get them too. I will update this thread with links as soon as I see them.

PS xoomdev says hi, he dont have enough posts to post in this section lol.
    Well protekk picked up a d2vzw today he's already got my source in hand as well. So I'm sure more/better things will come soon. I'll try to post another build tonight but not sure how much longer I'll support this unofficial since some people who are much more capable have the device in hand. Or I may turn it into a kang of sorts with added features that I do as I port them or add them. Haven't decided yet.

If you want to post in this thread just to piss and moan please go post on 4chan instead. You are not helping anyone here by posting that bs. I'm simply sharing builds I've made to give users different ROM options.

Yes bmc 's build is probably better, but no its not the same as mine it uses different tool chains and mods that I do not like to use and aokp does not use at all. I am attempting to give users the exact experience of an official build on an unofficial device.

I post and port builds to learn and to share. This is a development forum and thread so please take your off topic remarks to off-topic forums as they do not aide the development of this ROM.

Thank you, I am glad that some of you enjoy this ROM. That is why we do what we do.

WOW. thats all i can say is wow. apparently we need for the major android phone makers to slow down there production of new phones XDA has turned into a bunch of kids *****ing about there phone not doing what they want. IF IT DOES NOT WORK FEEL FREE TO FIX IT YOURSELF. no need to whine to the devs it does not make them want to fix it for you. nothing wrong with bug reports with a logcat attached. if you have a bug to report its best to make sure of a few things
    1 can you reproduce the bug
    2 have you searched for a fix (with all the great minds here on xda chances are theres a fix for your problem search and see.
    3 if you can reproduce it tell the dev how and throw in a link to a log cat from paste bin. this will be alot more helpful than "data sux" "mms is broke"
    these are not helpful to the dev.

happy flashing to all and please please please search read and then post if you have a bug or question\
    sorry for adding a useless post but i feel that it was needed
    Looks like xoomdev is trying to get himself an d2vzw, and BMc08GT has started posting stuff to gerrit. I may add his setups to the next build to test them vs the ones I have made so far, since he actually has the device. So yall may be getting some official support sooner then I expected.