Repair MP4 video file

Search This thread

hgeek23

Nov 1, 2011
the full version demo -100 method ran for me and scanned but only repaired about 13 seconds of a 4 minute file. The file was 22.5 mb out of the original 889.
The v1.5 crashes when i try to run it on my video.
My video was shot on a droid razr maxx. I played it originally on the phone with no problem, then shut it off and *poof*.
Anyone have suggestions?

imoyanov

Sep 10, 2012
please help me!!

Hi guys, hopefully the freeware version 1.5 has been rescuing your corrupted mp4 videos successfully. Continue to PM me, I will reply - although it may take a couple of days or so....

Detailed feedback would be useful as a couple have said it didn't work, also if it did work then what were the settings used??? My corrupted videos had music as audio so hard to say whether audio was in sync with video, any one have any talking out of synch??? etc etc...

Quangy

Hi Quangy, I have the same horrible problem.. please give me the info to get the version 1.5

Thanxs!!!

hihipunkt

Jun 15, 2012
This program was meant for repairing or rescuing broken mp4. Emphasis on broken. Some files can't be restored- even of you bought the full version or used 1.5.

I'm sorry for you guys, but I had this situation too. That's why I wanted a full version, but it didn't help me as much I hoped. I just could restore 10 minutes of video out of a 30min recording. Still better than 5mins ;)

What did we learn? Make backups of the SD Card as often and early as possible. If the camcorder app f*cked the file up, blame the manufacturer!

Next phone will be the GNex. There's at least one manufacturer that provides updates and fixes for stuff.

egsavage

Dec 25, 2011
Does anyone still have the 1.7.5.3 installation (or 1.5?)? The 1.8 version (from their site) doesn't seem to be working for me.

Thanks in advance.

change_it_to

Oct 13, 2012
Need file

Hello.

My brother erased a HDD HFS particion and created a NTFS. I was able to recover all the .mov files from it but there are over 1900 files and it take way to long to repair them one by one and I'm only looking for a few of them. Does Grau HD video repair v 1.5 have a batch process included? If it does coul someone please sent me a copy?
change_it_to@yahoo.com

Thanks.

egsavage

Dec 25, 2011
Someone was kind enough to give me a link to the 1.5 version, but it is not working for my MP4 file which has AVC and AAC encodings (from a Nikon P500 camera). Does anyone have a more recent version - maybe 1.7.x of the utility? I believe the AVC/AAC options are more robust in 1.7.x versions.

The resulting MOV file with v 1.5 video looks fine, but the audio was not recovered. I even tried the "Enable AAC detection" option and also other audio codec selections but none seemed to fix the audio.

My media info is as follows:

General
Complete name : F:\video\tmp\DSCN0869.MOV
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : QuickTime
Codec ID : qt
File size : 683 MiB
Duration : 6mn 35s
Overall bit rate : 14.5 Mbps
NCDT : NCTG

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : Baseline@L4.0
Format settings, CABAC : No
Format settings, ReFrames : 2 frames
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 14.2 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 29.970 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.229
Stream size : 670 MiB (98%)
Language : English
Color primaries : BT.601-6 525, BT.1358 525, BT.1700 NTSC, SMPTE 170M
Transfer characteristics : BT.709-5, BT.1361
Matrix coefficients : BT.601-6 525, BT.1358 525, BT.1700 NTSC, SMPTE 170M

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile : LC
Codec ID : 40
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 128 Kbps
Maximum bit rate : 192 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : Front: L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 6.00 MiB (1%)
Language : English

change_it_to

Oct 13, 2012
Version

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

[/COLOR]Success, only happiness! Thanks everyone!
For those familiar with Excel and DOS codes, and needing to deal with lots of recovered .MOV files to be repaired (I've got 270, more than 50GB!!!), the hint is as follows:

Execute HD Video Repair Utility once, do the Scan option for one sample file.
Go to the "Repaired" folder that has been created by the program, open "MOVDUMP.TXT" file, copy the very first line of code (LOGFILE.HTML, for latest version).
This is the COMMAND LINE that must be executed under COMMAND PROMPT (preferrably as administrator). Just remove the quote marks.
No need to run gs.exe or guiscript.exe.
In my case, to handle 270 files, I built a batch file, doing the following:
In COMMAND PROMPT (CMD), select the drive where the recovered files are located (I use PHOTOREC to do this job). Access the unit and folder (use command CD FOLDERNAME). Type DIR > SELECTION.TXT. This will create a file named "SELECTION.TXT", that will carry all the filenames to handle.
Edit this file and remove header and footer, let remain only the lines with useful information (e.g. f1233240_ftyp.mov).
Import this file in Excel, and delete all the columns except the one with the filenames. Now you must add columns and copy the information that had been stored from the first line of MOVDUMP.TXT.
You need to copy and paste that information in order to get as much COMMAND lines as the files to be repaired. Be careful to properly adjust everything, so when you save the file as TEXT again, it could be edited with NOTEPAD, to do final, manual adjustings.
Once you are sure that everything is OK, save this file as .BAT (e.g. SELECTION.BAT).
This is your batch file that will repair ALL your recovered .MOV, broken movies!
Have a beer while waiting...:

What version were you using? 1.5 , 1.7 or 1.8? Need quick reply. I get error [FATAL] you have no autorization to run this scan. Please check you key parameter, or something like that.
My batch line is:
"E:\videorepair\movdump.exe" -key 165016 -atomdump -i "E:\Raw\FILE001.MOV" -o "E:\Raw\repaired\FILE001.MOV" -save 50 -entropy 6314 -start 0 -stop 100 -ref "E:\MVI_1685.MOV" -save 100

the key changes everytime and it doesnt work even if i leave the application running.
Does any of you have v1.7 please? Or know a way around that key parameter? I really need this because v1,5 doesnt have a batch procces and it doesnt fix my files well.
Thanks in advance.

jasonxr2racer

Oct 31, 2012
Go pro Hero2 MP4 problems

Hi all

New to this forum and could do with some help please as I'm not a whizz on PC's

Used a friends Gopro Hero HD2 in my racecar at the weekend and proceeded to download my 2 videos when i got home

Both were roughly 34 mins long in 960-30

I managed to put them up on an editing software to cut them down to length and post up on Youtube and various forums i use.

Without thinking i deleted them from the SD card

I used software to find the deleted files again but on trying to play them in various places they will not play

I've had a good read across the net and came accross this forum which seems full of knowledgable people who may be able to help

Just need some advice on trying to repair the videos as they are quite important to me

Thanks again!!!

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

Hi!!

New to this forum and not a PC whizz

I recorded 2 videos roughly 34 mins long when i was rmotor acing last weekend

When I tried to upload the vids to edit I accidentaly and stupidly erased them from my SD card

I have retrieved them by using softare but they will not play on anything

I need some advice and help on how to get them working again please as they are quite important to me

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i had a similar problem with a mp4 file that was corrupt, and not being able to find version 1.5 of grau anymore. i came up with this solution.

[Scenario]
    video.mp4 (200mb)
    grau version 1.6 + (only does 50% of video for free version)

[Directions]
    make 2 of the same video files and name them 1.mp4 and 2.mp4 this means you will copy video.mp4 in the same fold twice so you have two of them!

in DOS (Run: cmd.exe)

locate to the folder where you have the two video files
    type in the command to merge the files together

copy /b 1.mp4+2.mp4

you will now see that 1.mp4 will be 400mb and not 200mb

now use grau video repair tool and it will do 50% of the file you merge. meaning you will get 100% video freee!!
    Guys.
    Who needs a link to the full version (HD Video Repair Utility v.1.8.0.1) write me a PM.
    By e-mael I do not send.
    :cowboy:

Please click "Thanks" if I've helped. :angel:
    Okay guys, found the software I used, it was downloaded from

http://www.grauonline.de/cmsimple2_6/en/?Solutions:HD_Video_Repair_Utility

It was Freeware and had a "SAY THANKYOU BUTTON" included, not so anymore, that button has been replaced with "PURCHASE UNLOCK CODE"

I'm using version 1.5 from April 2011 and the latest is 1.61

Just ran it again on the damaged 225MB damaged MP4 file from my HTC HD2 and once again it recovered without a hitch. Attached is a picture of the settings I used.

Version 1.61 demo will allow you to test the software before paying a hefty 99 euro for unlimited use or 29 euro for 5 repairs OUCH!!!!

Settings.jpg

Hope it's given you all a glimmer of hope. Pity it's not freeware anymore though....
    I have posted this before, I am willing to send Video Repair 1.5 to anyone that sends me a private message with an email address.
    Here is how to get the free HD Video Repair Utility Demo version running without any struggles, problems or limitations:

In the options of the Demo, paste the following into the "Custom repair parameters" box:

Code:
    -save 100

That's it! You just legally saved 99€!

The next file you will try to repair, will have the full length. Don't listen to the warnings saying it's only gonna save 50%, it'll save everything with the custom repair parameter set.

I made a screenshot so you guys can see how to do it.

PS: If the program REALLY helped you and you have enough money to afford it, pay for it and support development. The programmer(s?) had a hard time to get this excellent program working and should be rewarded for it.