[Q] AT&T Software Update - Fails due to low battery

Search This thread
May 29, 2012
Silver Spring
I've tried searching, but didn't seem to get anything on this one.

I've been trying to install the OTA Update to 4.3 for a minute, now... Currently, I've got the update downloaded, but it won't continue b/c it's saying the battery is too low. The thing is, the battery is at 100%. It is also plugged into a charger... Tried it with and without.

Here's info on my phone:
MJ5
Rooted via Kingo
Xposed Installer installed (very few modules installed - nothing hardcore)
RootCloak [1.4] installed in order to hide root status from the OTA update service

I have a bit of bloat uninstalled by Titanium Backup... But, that was all AT&T stuff like Navigator - I left the OTA service in place. I froze some Samsung bloat, but didn't uninstall it.

Any ideas on why I'm getting this error?

lildoggs

Jul 16, 2009
New York
You have to be unrooted. At least that what I hear . When I got the update I did a factory reset and downloaded the update and installed with no issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

May 29, 2012
Silver Spring
Blargh. I unrooted via Kingo, rebooted and I am still getting the same low battery error.

I really don't want to have to do a factory reset...... Are there any other options?

May 29, 2012
Silver Spring
Great. Did a factory reset, and went to update. It failed; said the installation was interrupted.

I tried two more times... Same results. This is getting pretty frustrating...

theorioles33

Feb 15, 2011
Great. Did a factory reset, and went to update. It failed; said the installation was interrupted.

I tried two more times... Same results. This is getting pretty frustrating...

Unfortunately nothing will work except restoring back to stock. I had to do that for the last 2 updates we've received. I just did it to get the last update and I am staying stock until Kitkat arrives then will look for a root solution. I know, it sucks.

Follow this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2559715

lildoggs

Jul 16, 2009
New York
Blargh. I unrooted via Kingo, rebooted and I am still getting the same low battery error.

I really don't want to have to do a factory reset...... Are there any other options?

If you didn't uninstall the Xposed modules the uninstall Xposed that could be your issue right there. Try uninstalling everything root then try again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

May 29, 2012
Silver Spring
Well, at this point, I have done a factory reset several times. No root, nothing installed.

Knox keeps giving me a notification that it's blocking a process... I can download the update and start the install process. Once the phone reboots and the AT&T splash screen comes up, the progress bar will start and get to about 20%, then the phone will restart, then boot normally. Once booted, it will go to the Update page and then say that the installation was interrupted.

What... the... heck... I thought a factory reset restored the phone to like how it was from the factory? I notice my keyboard is the old version, too. When I bought the phone, I had the updated keyboard with punctuation for long-key presses.

Any insights?

Reedonculous

Sep 15, 2013
Well, at this point, I have done a factory reset several times. No root, nothing installed.

Knox keeps giving me a notification that it's blocking a process... I can download the update and start the install process. Once the phone reboots and the AT&T splash screen comes up, the progress bar will start and get to about 20%, then the phone will restart, then boot normally. Once booted, it will go to the Update page and then say that the installation was interrupted.

What... the... heck... I thought a factory reset restored the phone to like how it was from the factory? I notice my keyboard is the old version, too. When I bought the phone, I had the updated keyboard with punctuation for long-key presses.

Any insights?

Factory reset just wipes your data and cache. It will not reinstall the system files. When you rooted you directly modified some of your system files via root access. Simple solution however. Follow these steps as mentioned before by theorioles33 using Odin and Heimdall. Takes about 10 mins (maybe 30 if its ur first time) Follow every step to the T and when ur back to stock try the OTA. Good Luck!