[Guide]LG G2 screen replacement

Search This thread

WolfmanJack

Feb 11, 2014
The link:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7IiqWDlefaI

This video is the how to on what you need to do in order to disassemble the G2 in order to remove the screen. There is a link provided for the reassembly in The video.

I was able to pick up a screen/digitizer/LCD from amazon for about 120. Make sure to pay attention to where it ships from. A lot of the sellers ship them from Asia and they take up to a month to come in. Mine came out of New York. Also the screen assemblies from OEM come with a kit with jeweler's screwdrivers and plastic pry devices in order to disassemble the phone or at least mine did.

Last in the video he uses a heat gun at some points. I did not need one throughout any of the process but may make it easier for you.

All in all I took me about an hour and a half to swap my screen out. Works like a charm.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: Rabelo and drkow19

drkow19

Apr 16, 2009
White Lake, Michigan
Hi there. I just broke my digitizer, but the screen is fine. I read somewhere that you have to replace them both because they are glued together, do you know if this is true? I have a heat gun if that is needed to separate them. I would just like to purchase a digitizer only and replace that, to save about $60+.

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
Hi there. I just broke my digitizer, but the screen is fine. I read somewhere that you have to replace them both because they are glued together, do you know if this is true? I have a heat gun if that is needed to separate them. I would just like to purchase a digitizer only and replace that, to save about $60+.

yes you can get digitizer but if you make the slightest mistake you end up breaking the lcd and will have to replace them both

Reactions: drkow19

WolfmanJack

Feb 11, 2014
Not sure what the price would be to just replace screen/digitizer. the part would run about 30 bucks, just not sure what a repair shop would charge for labor. If its over 150 though i would opt the DIY method as it is simple to do if you get a screen/digitizer/lcd all in one. I did it for 120 and some change. Mine also came with a tool kit in order to dismanlte the phone.

bovoro

Mar 11, 2011
Nayarit
Realme 7 Pro
hi friend, i have a LG VS980 Verizon, Is it the same part for vs980 and d80x? in my country im only able to get D80x version of screen and sellers are not sure if the parts are compatible, I have seen several videos and pictures of the online stores of spare parts, and at first glance are the same connectors.

WolfmanJack

Feb 11, 2014
hi friend, i have a LG VS980 Verizon, Is it the same part for vs980 and d80x? in my country im only able to get D80x version of screen and sellers are not sure if the parts are compatible, I have seen several videos and pictures of the online stores of spare parts, and at first glance are the same connectors.

I couldn't vouch for that. A good place to start though might be to compare specs of each phone, V980 to D80X, specifically the display properties. Not sure but there may be a good breakdown out there of what the specs are for each, not just a dimension and pixel count.

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida

they are the same Verizon can change buttons and add stuff to back cover but they cannot change all of phone hardware/parts

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The link:
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7IiqWDlefaI

This video is the how to on what you need to do in order to disassemble the G2 in order to remove the screen. There is a link provided for the reassembly in The video.

I was able to pick up a screen/digitizer/LCD from amazon for about 120. Make sure to pay attention to where it ships from. A lot of the sellers ship them from Asia and they take up to a month to come in. Mine came out of New York. Also the screen assemblies from OEM come with a kit with jeweler's screwdrivers and plastic pry devices in order to disassemble the phone or at least mine did.

Last in the video he uses a heat gun at some points. I did not need one throughout any of the process but may make it easier for you.

All in all I took me about an hour and a half to swap my screen out. Works like a charm.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using xda app-developers app

they are the same Verizon can change buttons and add stuff to back cover but they cannot change all of phone hardware/parts

yes you can get digitizer but if you make the slightest mistake you end up breaking the lcd and will have to replace them both