[Q] Moto G wifi problems

Search This thread

ChaosKnight

May 13, 2014
I am literally sitting just 1 feet away from mt wifi router and on my moto G the wifi connectivity icon show 2/4 ticks that represent connectivity strength. I move into the next room and the connection drops. My phone is not rooted and its a month old. This has been happening since the past 2 days, it was working fine before. Thanks for help.

bibhu60

Dec 2, 2012
delhi
hmm

This may be happening due to low frequency of wifi router you must check ur router's setting for the frequency rate..
Are u using any special cover or anything on your phone this may reduce the signal strength ..

ChaosKnight

May 13, 2014
This may be happening due to low frequency of wifi router you must check ur router's setting for the frequency rate..
Are u using any special cover or anything on your phone this may reduce the signal strength ..

My brother's micromax and iphone is getting the wifi signal properly, the problem seems to be with my phone. No cover on phone.....

ChaosKnight

May 13, 2014
As your phone was working well two days ago, I think there is somewhat problem with the wi-fi signal frequency.
You may check your phone in another wi-fi signal. If your phone works well, then the problem is in your wi-fi device.

I tried it with 3 different routers and the connection is lost at a distance of 4 mts without any obstacles in between. Also got my hands on a friend's moto g and his wifi works as expected. So i guess the problem is with my wifi itself.

vijayr2002

Oct 5, 2012
Try Static IP instaed of DHCP and

Settings -> Wi-Fi -> Options -> Advanced -> Uncheck Avoid poor connections